Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

I heard from the Placer County Sheriff detective today and the JD is NOT Alma Root. The dentals are not a match.

Hollow: Has there been any word concerning the vehicle containing blood and lime powder that you mentioned a few posts back?

I couldn't find anything else about her, her name was Linda Davis, she was 29. Her car was found, with blood slathered in the front and back seat as well as the trunk, in Oklahoma City, I believe she was from Pryor, Okla., There was a mysterious substance they thought was lyme on the inside and outside of her vehicle.Her car was found January 7th, 1976. I don't know if they found her or not, or if the tests they did on the substance was indeed lyme powder. Her coat was also found in the trunk, soaked with blood and perforated with at least 22 stab marks.

Hollow said:
I couldn't find anything else about her, her name was Linda Davis, she was 29. Her car was found, with blood slathered in the front and back seat as well as the trunk, in Oklahoma City, I believe she was from Pryor, Okla., There was a mysterious substance they thought was lyme on the inside and outside of her vehicle.Her car was found January 7th, 1976. I don't know if they found her or not, or if the tests they did on the substance was indeed lyme powder. Her coat was also found in the trunk, soaked with blood and perforated with at least 22 stab marks.
I didn't realize that they found the car so many years before the JD. I thought that you had mentioned this as a possible match to the JD - I assume that what you meant was "here is a different case with a similar M.O. that could be related". I misunderstood - sorry!

Her boyfriend was 25 and she was only 15. He was the last one to see her alive. He was also in the Air Force at the time. Seems to me he could have been in some serious trouble for having a 15 year old live in girlfriend, if his commanding officer found out. I wonder if he was questioned and ruled out or LE just didn't have enough evidence to pursue him further.

Just bumping this case up and reprinting the casefile information.

---------------------------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Found on April 18, 1980, on a bank of the Canadian River near Jones, 20 miles NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.

Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7" (168-170 cm);120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish/brown hair. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
Clothing: None found.
Dental: Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment.
Tattoos: Tattoo of small heart above left breast; heart and line in blue ink, center of heart colored with red ink.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History
The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations
405-848-6724
or
405-427-5421

NCIC Number: U-172838970
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
ID-Wanted Organization
The Doe Network: Case File 255UFOK

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/255ufok.html

Bumping this one up. I am interested to know if there is any more on this case.

I wonder if anyone ever contacted OK LE to check a potential match with Rose. The doenetwork doesn't say if DNA is available, so it probably has not been entered into CODIS. I'll call tomorrow, if no one posts that they have submitted Rose a potential match.

I wonder if anyone ever contacted OK LE to check a potential match with Rose. The doenetwork doesn't say if DNA is available, so it probably has not been entered into CODIS. I'll call tomorrow, if no one posts that they have submitted Rose a potential match.

I don't normally quote my own quote...lol

After reading through this entire thread, I really think the suggestion of Kristy Lynn Booth as a match is much closer than Rose. It doesn't appear anyone followed through with the possibility. The potential match has already been submitted to LE, but no word either way. I contacted TX LE today and will post when/if they return my call.

From February 2006:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise
Kristy Booth and April Zane have both been submitted to doenetwork and the potential match panel voted to submit them to LE. There's no info on whether they were ruled out or not.

Information on Kristy Lynn Booth possibly matching the unknown girl in Oklahoma has also been passed on to the Texas Rangers and to Midland Police.

I have never received any confirmation of a match in all this time either. Perhaps your additional inquiry will get someone to look at the cases and answer the mail.

To make it a bit easier for you to compare these two cases, click each of the below updated links and move the photos on your screen so that they are side by side. Also note the descriptions, proximity of locations and dates.

------------------------------------------------------
Kristy Lynn Booth
Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: December 26, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8", 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears and a birthmark on the right side of her stomach.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a white button down blouse, pink vest and blue Levi jeans. She was not wearing shoes.

Agency Case Number: 44928
NCIC Number: M-077752671
Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
The Doe Network: Case File 704DFTX

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/704dftx.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Found on April 18, 1980, on a bank of the Canadian River near Jones, 20 miles NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.

Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver.

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7" ;120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish/brown hair. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
Clothing: None found.
Dental: Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment.
Tattoos: Tattoo of small heart above left breast; heart and line in blue ink, center of heart colored with red ink.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History

The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

On 18 April 1980, fisherman found her nude body, covered with lime, on the bank of the Canadian river near Jones.

Attempts at identification have been made, including fingerprint comparisons, the circulation of a composite drawing of the victim, and a facial reconstruction made with modeling clay sculptured over the scull.

The woman is described as being 18-25 years old, weighing 118-120 pounds. She has shoulder-length medium to light brown hair with a fair complexion and freckles. Her most unusual identifying mark, however, is a small red and blue heart-shaped tattoo over the left breast.

Source:
The Oklahoman April 19, 1982
The Doe Network: Case File 255UFOK

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/255ufok.html

Didn't I just read that this JD was IDd? Lemme go find that thread. Maybe my cold medicine is kicking in.

Nevermind, it was just another one that looks just like her.

I wasn't here.

Midland Police are comparing cases with Oklahoma State Police now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back