OK OK - Kelley Harris, 48, Bixby, 3 July 2012

No new articles, no TV coverage, and not a single missing flyer anywhere. Its like she just dropped off the planet and nobody cares. :(

We have a flyer up at drug warehouse here in bixby by the register. We haven't taken it down because we are waiting for news but no one has heard anything. The customers are nice enough to take a look but no one recognizes her

Bixby - A missing Bixby woman's family is still looking for answers in its mother's disappearance.

The family told Channel 8 Wednesday that 48-year-old Kelley Harris missed her son's wedding and the birth of her first grandchild over the past few weeks.

"I feel really bad for her, because I think that's one big thing, having your mom there for your first baby, for any baby," said Bradney Chitwood, Harris's son.

Harris was last seen July 3rd when she was preparing to throw a party for the Fourth. A short time later, police found her car abandoned at Bristol Park Apartments.

http://www.ktul.com/story/19288172/missing-bixby-mother-misses-family-milestones

Preview of subscription-only article from August 20, 2012

Family of missing Bixby woman tries to get used to silence.

Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:44 pm | Updated: 6:01 pm, Wed Aug 22, 2012.
By Jo-Ann Jennings
Bixby Editor
joj@southcountyleader.com | 0 comments

Bob Harris, Bixby, says it took him two weeks before he accepted that his missing wife, Kelley Harris, wasn’t in the kitchen. “It was just the ice maker,” he said.

http://www.southcountyleader.com/bi...cle_69bc7d8c-eb29-11e1-8266-0019bb2963f4.html

48-year-old Kelley Harris was last seen by her family on July 3, 2012.

Now, Bixby police are putting her story on Crime Stoppers hoping it will help bring her family some answers.

Harris used to cook dinner every night at her home, since she went missing, her daughter, Ashley Shockley has taken over those duties. However, it hasn’t been easy.

"We've just been trying to stay positive," said Shockley.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/bixby-missing-woman-kelley-harris/pvflpxhhXkejtUlf9f-k6Q.cspx

I was thinking the same thing this morning. The families are left with broken hearts and no answers : (

My sister lives in Broken Arrow. She hasen't seen a lot about this either.

Fab..your link says they are trying to serve papers on her for forclosure. Maybe she ran away? I would rather lose my house than lose my family tho..My gut says something is wrong here.

Once a year the Tulsa World publishes a map that shows all the murders for the year, their location, and the name of the victims.This area is one of the worst, although it hasn't really been a "bad" area, just a lot of apartment buildings and easy access to expressways going N, E, W, and S.. I lived in these apartment for two years. I felt safe there. They were starting to go downhill about the year 2003 and I moved. That creek bed was bone dry all the time I lived there. There was some vegetation, but not a lot. Unless something was hidden in a culvert, I think it would be easy to see.

I live maybe half a mile from where her car was found. I wonder if the dry "creek" across the street was searched? I thought about taking the dog for a walk over there today.

The only clue is when Tulsa police found her car abandoned in the 4500 block of S. Garnett road in the Bristol Park Apartments on July 23rd. Detectives said they believe there were two people seen the car but they don't believe they are connected to her disappearance.

Bixby police are waiting on results from DNA evidence found her car but since then there have been no signs of Mrs. Harris.

"This is Kelley's case file. It gets bigger everyday,” said Bixby Police Sergeant Andy Choate.

Kelley Harris husband said he hasn’t been able to sleep since his wife went missing in July.

"I can’t sleep in my bed or our bed it's just impossible," said Harris.

Surveillance video showed the Bixby mother bought Fourth of July goods at Wal-Mart and dropped them off at home.

Police said Harris then went to pick up more than $800 cash from a business transaction and then she vanished.

"I still have my hopes up and waiting for her to come home," said her daughter Ashley Shockley.

Police told FOX23 News that Harris had a pattern in her daily life and other than her car there have been no signs of her being alive so they suspect foul play.

"A homicide or an abduction that led to her homicide," said Choate
http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/New-effort-to-find-missing-mother/WzU6o6GuM0SlgDA0iDimsA.cspx

A Bixby family’s desperate search for their missing loved one has the attention of a local firefighter.

He’s donating his own money to help find Kelley Harris.

####

A local firefighter who has a side business in marketing wants to remain anonymous but wants to help solve high-profile cases such as Kelley Harris’ disappearance to generate Crime Stoppers tips.

He has teamed up with the Crime Commission to print out postcards with Harris’ information and will send them to neighbors living near the area where Harris’ car was found.

"Any way that we can get the word out to the public in a manner that will increase calls to 596-COPS is very helpful," said Crime Commission Executive Director Carol Bush.

Mrs. Harris’ husband said it’s a relief to know that strangers care about his wife’s case.

"That makes me smile. That gives me hope. Someone is out there and paying attention to what's going on. They are doing what they can. That's an awesome thing,” said Mr. Harris.

Her family knows someone saw something and that they hope someone has the courage to come forward.

"It touched my heart very much and very thankful that someone is listening and paying close attention and someone being generous to help out," said Ashley Shockley.

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/New-effort-to-find-missing-mother/WzU6o6GuM0SlgDA0iDimsA.cspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back