GUILTY OK - Lauren Barnes, 20, pregnant, Bethany, 23 Nov 2007

So the girlfriend's name is Sophia Padron and the best friend is David Huynh.

The affidavit reads like a bad novel, but it is all in there...except how he moved her body and buried it. Either David isn't telling them everything or someone else is involved...leaving me to wonder about the girlfriend's involvement. If she was involved, Eric could be trying to protect her since no one can place her there.

WOW! That is so sad. I agree it is like a bad novel. I wonder if he freaked out or went with the intentions of doing this.
Maybe if he acted alone he told Lauren lets go for a walk... but then it would have been dark so I doubt it. I hope more details are given soon!

Nothing new on him having any help? I keep thinking about Lauren.
I'm pregnate so all of these missing people really touch me right now. Differnce is she was so young and would end up on her own, but I still feel a connection when I read about her and everyone else.

I have nothing to fear, but my whole pregnancy I have been watching my back because of all the crazies out there!!!!!

Any newer news on this case?

There were bullet shells in his car which is why they arrested him yet theres no visable cause of death. I hope that there isn't a 2nd person that he did use a gun on. Maybe someone who could've helped him kill her and then he got rid of them to?

The affidavit reads like a bad novel, but it is all in there...except how he moved her body and buried it. Either David isn't telling them everything or someone else is involved...leaving me to wonder about the girlfriend's involvement. If she was involved, Eric could be trying to protect her since no one can place her there.

First, did Phan ever admit that he did commit the crime?
I've thought about the girlfriend wondering if she was involved. Someone else was definitly involved.

Has anyone seen or heard anything on how the family's doing?

The poor girl and her unborn baby. :(

There hasn't been anything new that I have seen or heard. I wouldn't be surprised if it is awhile before we hear anything more...then it will be dealing with the trial etc.

No, to my knowledge, he didn't confess to LE.

Phan and Lauren met on Myspace, as I understand it.

It is almost Christmas and I will light candles for Lauren and her baby. Bless their hearts.

From August 2008:

http://newsok.com/okc-man-pleads-guilty-to-murder-of-pregnant-woman/article/3286780/?tm=1219349926

Eric Kennedy Phan pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder...

Phan, 21, was arrested Nov. 28 after a friend told a Bethany police officer that Phan had confessed to him that he had killed Lauren Barnes.

Barnes, who was about six months pregnant, was reported missing less than a week earlier after she had gone to talk to Phan, according to court records. She had told her family Phan was the father of her child, whom she planned to name Avery.

From October 2008:

http://www.news9.com/story/9195894/eric-phan-given-two-life-sentences

Eric Phan was sentenced Friday to two consecutive life sentences for the murder of his girlfriend and her unborn child. Phan will not be eligible for parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back