OK OK - Michael Hughes, 6, Choctaw, 12 Sept 1994

Happy Birthday Michael! I hope you are happy and safe somewhere, or happy in heaven with your mama.

Cubs'

The FBI considers Michael's case still open. Floyd made statements to several people that he killed Michael. Can he be believed? Should he be believed? Rebecca Barr made some interesting statements at the time regarding Michael....She was sure he was still alive, she was keeping his Christmas and birthday presents for him, and directly implied she would be seeing him again when he turned 21. Was this just a smoke screen, or the ramblings of a woman in love with a sociopath?

Time will tell.

I wonder if anyone is watching Barr and FDF in some chance that Micheal may speak out after his 21st Birthday...someone have a phone number for Barr ....?
I Wonder how old FDF is feeling today of all days....?
If Barr really ever knew what Happened to Micheal does not seem likely that she would have said anything....and made these statements of keeping gifts for Micheal to sooth her lies and guilt.....
Would not Barr then be an as guilty as FDF...........?
if Micheal does speak out What will He say.....?
Unsolved Mystery the Foster parents" The Beans ",stated that Micheal was starting to remember ....?
The FBI open case until Micheal turns 21 ....?
Or untill his remains are located......?(I feel he is still alive as do others here on WS).

writen in the Book "A Beautiful Child" Micheal refuses to say "I Love You" to FDF.....

I tend to believe he's dead, as per what likely happened as stated in the book. But who knows...until his remains are found, I suppose it's possible. Poor little guy.

As I am reading back through these threads, I am almost overwhelmed with sadness but also with hope. The striking thing about these cases of kidnapping, is the inability of the victim to reach out and say 'I am here, please help me'
The perpetrators of these crimes have brought their victims so low, left them with almost no self esteem and ensure they survive in a perpetual state of fear, that leads them to have no self belief or self worth. 'Who would believe me? Who would care? 'What if he discovers what I have done? Even one of these questions could prove to be truly insurmountable.......
However, my hope lies in the fact that if only one victim happens upon a site such as this it may give them courage. They may realise that there are people who do care and are willing to go that extra mile, that most people are inherently good.
If you are in this terrible situation, speak to someone - a doctor - a teacher - a clergyman - a police officer - someone on a site like this.
Remember that whatever he has told you is likely all lies and that you may have a family missing you every day.
Just a thought from me to you - it is easier to leave than it is to stay - take back your life. Do it for you

I got my reply back from rocky and he says it's NOT a match. try try again.

I just came across this article about the couple who tried to adopt Michael, Ernest and Merle Bean. What a wonderful amazing couple they are! Glad they got this recognition. Great article with mention of Michael along with a video interview. I have always wondered how Michael's kidnapping had affected their lives....

http://newsok.com/the-beans/article/3459678

Hi, I haven't been in here for awhile.Life happened.I never stopped researching this case.
I believe Michael is dead,after reading this.I think Floyd did express to his sister Dorothea Leonard the truth about what happened to Michael.But she claims to know how Michael - whose whereabouts remain unknown - was murdered during the kidnapping three years ago.Her brother, Franklin Delano Floyd, confessed to her in a telephone call from the county jail that he drowned the first-grader in a motel bathtub, she said. Floyd told his sister he dunked the 45-pound boy under the bath water, allowing him to surface three times to angrily ask the "brat" whether he loved him. The brown haired boy initially shoved Floyd and said no. After Michael repeatedly refused to say yes, he was killed for it, she said."If Michael's dead, then he deserves to pay for Michael's death, and not with the comfort of sitting in prison till he dies," Leonard said."I want him to be put to death. I think he should die just like Michael did." Nonetheless, agents never found Michael's body or other hard evidence of a slaying, despite separate searches of waterways and a cemetery where witnesses said Michael's body may have been hidden. She had sent him books and was also taking his calls in hopes that her brother would tell her where Michael was. Floyd had been telling authorities that he handed over Michael to people in a foreign country who were caring for him. "He said that he had taken Michael places to have a good time, and Michael got tired and wanted to go home," Leonard said. "And that he cries all the time. That he couldn't shut the brat up."
Floyd told her he got a motel room, and told Michael to take off his clothes for a bath, she said.
"Michael took off all his clothes, and he told him to lie down on his stomach in the tub while the water was still running. And Michael turned around and says, `Why are you taking off your clothes, too?' "
"He said, `Because we're going to play games together.' He said he got into the tub with Michael and Michael was hollering, `No, get out, get out!' "
Leonard said Floyd told her that he began pressing Michael to say he loved him. "He said, `Michael, do you love me?' And Michael said `No.' "
She said Floyd pushed the boy's head underwater, then let him come up for air, and again the child refused to say he loved Floyd. Floyd said he dunked the boy's head again, but Michael still refused to say the words Floyd wanted to hear. Leonard said her brother told her the third time he pushed Michael's head into the water he held it there until the boy drowned.
Leonard told the FBI that Floyd told her he "discarded the little son of a ... ," an investigation report said.
Leonard said she was in a state of shock from her brother's confession.
"I remember him telling me that he got him out of the tub, and that he took him and put him in the trunk of the car, and he got rid of him," she said.
Leonard's husband came home and had to "bring her around" out of shock, she said. "I started screaming and hollering, telling him what Franklin had told me," she said.

Floyd has never told her where the motel was or where he allegedly took Micheal's body, she said. But she said another person linked to Floyd during the kidnapping claims to have seen Floyd bury Michael in a cemetery she said.
A source close to the investigation said the cemetery, where Floyd's and Leonard's father is buried, was searched with no results."I don't think he tells me those things to upset me," she said. "I think when he told me he killed Michael he needed somebody to tell. And I think that I just happened to be the one that would take a phone call.

"He wanted Michael to love him, and Michael would not love him," she said. "Michael wanted to go home. That wasn't what Franklin could possibly live with." END.

I received a coupon booklet two weeks ago and on the back of the coupon catalog they feature missing children. Michael was featured, and it made me so happy to see people are still actively searching for him. The least Floyd could do is let Michael have a proper burial. He was such a beautiful child.

Does anyone know if Franklin Floyd was looked at for Billy Tillery ? when he took michael from Choctaw on the 12th of sept 94 it would have been a 2 hour drive south to Madill Ok where Billy Tillery was taken on Spet 19th of 94 if floyd was hanging around hiding he might have seen Billy and thought it would be better to travel with two since they were looking for a man and 1 child not 2, maybe FFloyd used him to check into a motel and killed him because it was too hard to controll both, maybe Floyd killed Michael in Ok too, instead of a motel in GA , Michaels remains might be with the rest of Billy's. billys skull was found in Ardmore again on the way to Dallas where Floyd Diched the truck. Thoughts ?

I have been following a John Doe case in NC for quite awhile. He was dumped and the bones had been there a little bit. In any case looking at photos he may resemble Michael. The body was found in NC in 1999. The photos on this site I think the nose is what resembles the most. I could be totally off base but you never know. The age is listed as 8-11 however it also says could be younger/older since the bones were not in the best condition. Weight is listed at 50 lbs. Height 4ft11, again can be less due to the condition of the bones. 4ft11 and 50 lbs seems underweight so odds are the boy was shorter.
I just thought maybe someone could look and see if it is a match or not.
http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2...ild-who-was-found-deceased-over-14-years-ago/

john-mebane-doe.gif

I have been following a John Doe case in NC for quite awhile. He was dumped and the bones had been there a little bit. In any case looking at photos he may resemble Michael. The body was found in NC in 1999. The photos on this site I think the nose is what resembles the most. I could be totally off base but you never know. The age is listed as 8-11 however it also says could be younger/older since the bones were not in the best condition. Weight is listed at 50 lbs. Height 4ft11, again can be less due to the condition of the bones. 4ft11 and 50 lbs seems underweight so odds are the boy was shorter.
I just thought maybe someone could look and see if it is a match or not.
http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2...ild-who-was-found-deceased-over-14-years-ago/

View attachment 61754

is this case in Namus? Have you called it in ?

About the sister confession.

The part where she says Floyd put Micheal's body in the trunk. I thought he was driving a pick up truck at the time so this part of the story would have to be a lie at least. His sister should have known that . So much about this man is maddening.

It is such a shame that this awful person got away with so much. I hope he really tells the truth one day.

About the sister confession.

The part where she says Floyd put Micheal's body in the trunk. I thought he was driving a pick up truck at the time so this part of the story would have to be a lie at least. His sister should have known that . So much about this man is maddening.

It is such a shame that this awful person got away with so much. I hope he really tells the truth one day.

I really wonder about the lady that spoke with Matt from Knoxville , I still think that there is investigation going on, I really think it might have something to do with Janet and Christina carter, I wonder if he gave up any info on that too? potentally we could have
Suzannes little baby brother (and I wonder if that had something to do with how hung up on michael he was)
Janet Carter
Christina Carter
Michael Hughes (poor dear, technically he is a Sevakis too)
Cheryl Commesso
Billy Tillery (timeline and route fit perfectly)

I just wonder if any or all of this is on the FBI's Radar???

Bumping thread for Michael as it's been nearly 5 years since the last post.
I've just read the book and it's really quite heartbreaking. If Floyd killed him, it may have been in the Atlanta, Georgia area.

Suzanne Marie Sevakis is home now. It's time for Micheal to come home too. Praying he is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back