OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 Jul 2013 - #2

Months ago, there was an effort to obtain a search warrant to search some land in the area of Longhollow Road. Does anybody know if there has been any progress toward that effort? Also, there was some information that the FBI would become involved in the investigation; any news or development on that?

So what's the answer, @Sgt. Pepper?
Why hasn't the information as listed in this post (that
you replied to);
Code:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ok-molly-miller-17-colt-haynes-21-wilson-7-jul-2013-2.233150/post-17314356
been released by the relatives?

District court Judge denied the search warrant saying, 'no evidence of a crime."
My question is regarding whether there have been any further developments after the judge denied the request for a search warrant. It just seems odd to me that a "non-involved" landowner would prohibit a search without a warrant in hand. If I owned land in which law enforcement personnel needed to search for missing persons, I would be standing at the gate with a "Welcome" sign for the search. They would have my full permission and would not need a search warrant.

What am I missing here?

My question is regarding whether there have been any further developments after the judge denied the request for a search warrant. It just seems odd to me that a "non-involved" landowner would prohibit a search without a warrant in hand. If I owned land in which law enforcement personnel needed to search for missing persons, I would be standing at the gate with a "Welcome" sign for the search. They would have my full permission and would not need a search warrant.

What am I missing here?
No further developments that showed up for me, so far.

What am I missing here?
Funny to me I thought the crime started when the car chase began. I appreciate your reply though.

I have been following this case for several years. This is obviously such a frustrating case for the Miller and Haynes families because of apparent lack of investigative fervor. It appears to have simply faded into a cold case. Two young people disappeared under very suspicious circumstances and are both obviously deceased. Anybody with two working brain cells knows that foul play was involved. The area is known for drug activity and "official" corruption, especially among some characters who live in the area of Longhollow Road; characters who are known to have a very high liklihood of being involved in the disappearances (as well of other criminal activities) and/or have knowledge of what happened in the hours after Nipp infamously crashed the vehicle. Molly Miller's aunt appears to have done more investigative work than local authorities. Where is OBI?

I understand Constitutional constraints that require probable cause of a crime in order to issue a search warrant. But, as @Sgt. Pepper posted, a crime was committed when the car chase began ..... a car that had the two missing persons as occupants. I am not aware of any efforts to obtain search warrants in the day(s) shortly after the incident when Nipp was safe at home yet the two occupants of his vehicle were nowhere to be found.

Then there is the "non-involved" landowner who reportedly refuses to allow any investigation on their property without a search warrant. I just do not understand that one. Do local criminals have that much control that they can impose such fear toward others?

Maybe there are investigative activities quietly happening that the public is not aware of .... but maybe not. Seems if investigations were ongoing, I think there would be some public information of such.

Then, there is the former Sheriff, Nipp's uncle, who barely got his hands slapped after being caught red-handed in corruption that included a number of bizarre incidents.

I have been following this case for several years. This is obviously such a frustrating case for the Miller and Haynes families because of apparent lack of investigative fervor. It appears to have simply faded into a cold case. Two young people disappeared under very suspicious circumstances and are both obviously deceased. Anybody with two working brain cells knows that foul play was involved. The area is known for drug activity and "official" corruption, especially among some characters who live in the area of Longhollow Road; characters who are known to have a very high liklihood of being involved in the disappearances (as well of other criminal activities) and/or have knowledge of what happened in the hours after Nipp infamously crashed the vehicle. Molly Miller's aunt appears to have done more investigative work than local authorities. Where is OBI?

I understand Constitutional constraints that require probable cause of a crime in order to issue a search warrant. But, as @Sgt. Pepper posted, a crime was committed when the car chase began ..... a car that had the two missing persons as occupants. I am not aware of any efforts to obtain search warrants in the day(s) shortly after the incident when Nipp was safe at home yet the two occupants of his vehicle were nowhere to be found.

Then there is the "non-involved" landowner who reportedly refuses to allow any investigation on their property without a search warrant. I just do not understand that one. Do local criminals have that much control that they can impose such fear toward others?

Maybe there are investigative activities quietly happening that the public is not aware of .... but maybe not. Seems if investigations were ongoing, I think there would be some public information of such.

Then, there is the former Sheriff, Nipp's uncle, who barely got his hands slapped after being caught red-handed in corruption that included a number of bizarre incidents.
I agree this case if so frustrating! I am suspicious of the OSBI agent that appears to be running interference for Joe Russell and the Nipp family. Another thing I feel has been lost in all the information is Con's Aunt Jennifer worked for the DA at that time. I think the people aren't so much afraid of the Nipp family physically as they are of what that crime family has on them and they don't want to go down with them. MOO

I agree this case if so frustrating! I am suspicious of the OSBI agent that appears to be running interference for Joe Russell and the Nipp family. Another thing I feel has been lost in all the information is Con's Aunt Jennifer worked for the DA at that time. I think the people aren't so much afraid of the Nipp family physically as they are of what that crime family has on them and they don't want to go down with them. MOO
You are probably correct on your suspicions. IMO, one thing is for sure ...... there are a lot of illegal and unethical activities going on below the surface in that area. Too many things simply do not make any sense. Where are the "old time" Sheriffs like Buford Pusser who are not intimidated by corruption?

It bothers me when people lose their life and their families suffer forever ..... then the criminal(s) do not get caught. No justice.

Is anyone listening to the Partners In True Crime podcast? They are doing an awesome job and my heart breaks for the families of Molly and Colt especially Paula.

Is anyone listening to the Partners In True Crime podcast? They are doing an awesome job and my heart breaks for the families of Molly and Colt especially Paula.
I was not aware of that podcast series but I listened to one episode last night. Thanks @Berrybell for bringing attention to that podcast series!

July 8, 2023 marked the 10th year since Molly Miller or Colt Haynes disappeared without a trace. There was a candlelight vigil held at the Love County Courthouse them both. " We will let them both know they are not forgotten"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back