OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading "A Beautiful Child" right now and I am totally digusted at all those people in Sharons life that totally dropped the ball.
Teachers, friends, parents of friends, babysitters ect...
NO ONE got involved and when she begged for help some of them turned their backs on her.

Sickening.

Just finished "A Beautiful Child"....Poor Sharon indeed!!! I think I would be eternally guilt-ridden if I were one of the ones who dropped the ball. And what a piece of **** Floyd is...

Was there ever a picture posted of the 'dark-haired woman' anywhere online?

Is there any 'currency' that can be used w/ Floyd to make him spill the beans??

Still no new on the Christina Carter DNA testing?

Just finished "A Beautiful Child"....Poor Sharon indeed!!! I think I would be eternally guilt-ridden if I were one of the ones who dropped the ball. And what a piece of **** Floyd is...

Was there ever a picture posted of the 'dark-haired woman' anywhere online?

Is there any 'currency' that can be used w/ Floyd to make him spill the beans??

Unknown Female found in Floyds wallet when arrestred in Kentucky

Attachments

• reginna and unknown.jpg
    reginna and unknown.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 88
There is an indicaion Floyd may win this one:

I was opeing to hear some comments....about FDF....Chin
as it looks like he had some surgery to remove his clef chin
I have seen other photos of him with and with out the clef
As I wondered about the book statement that said he had no identifeing
marks and had a plain face.....surely the chin is remarkable as something a
person would look for when identifing a person......?
Maybe Matt B. Would comment on that.....

And do you think this is a possable match for the Mystery female.....in Floyds wallet
Frieda "Becky" Powell......or the queer Cross-dresser....Lucas himself...?? It is established he had a male Partner"
she was said to have been killed by Henry Lucas.....interesting to know he adopted her....and then married her....
and was realtive to his partner Ottis....
Lucas has a glass eye Left

Attachments

• collage119.jpg
    collage119.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 70
  • collage117.jpg
    collage117.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 68
I don't really see any change myself, other than the lighting and of course some sagging due to age.

As I recall, Floyd has a small circular tattoo on his upper arm.

I have had a concern in regard to the conviction, after reading some of the available transcripts and Floyd's various and numerous appeals. His conviction was based in large part on the photos that were discovered, showing his torture of Cheryl C. There was no direct evidence that he in fact killed her. The murder weapon was never recovered. I've wondered if in fact Floyd did pull the trigger...Or had someone else do it for him.

If the DA felt the death penalty slipping away in this case on appeal, Sharon's identity could be a bargaining chip to getting Floyd to agree to life without parole in exchange for not seeking a new trial. As far as I'm concerned, Floyd can rot slowly in prison for the next 20 years if we can give Sharon her real name and a proper burial.

Some of you recall my previous web site was hacked into and we had to shut it down.

I have a new one going up the end of the month and it will feature a blog with, among other things, updates on the search for Sharon's identity.

You can visit at www.mattbirkbeck.com

Also, I'm trying to recall who fed me the lead on Christina Carter last fall. If it came from someone here please PM me and refresh my memory.

Hi everyone, I thought I posted some questions on this case but apparantly it did not take so I'll try again. Sorry if these have already been asked but this thread is sooo long.

1) Why wasn't Floyd ever charged with Michael Hughes disappearance and subsequent murder? Although no body was found it seems likely that he killed the little boy.

2) Why wasn't he charged with the murder of Sharon from the hit and run? Did investigators inspect his car after the accident? There had to have been some evidence on the car that he was the one that hit her.

3) Doesn't it seem most likely he killed Sharon's mother, that is how he got her in the first place?

4) Was this the last name she had, is that why she is known as Sharon and not by the other many aliases she had?

This whole case makes me sick. I cannot believe Floyd is only on Death Row for 1 murder...he likely killed many more. What a sicko.

Nocgirl-
In response to your questions...

1. He was charged and convicted for Michael's kidnapping.

2. Police could not tie him to the hit-and-run with any physical evidence, as the evidence found at the scene did not match the vehicle he was driving at the time.

3. That he killed Sharon's mother is one of many theories. It's also possible he kidnapped her...Received her in trade...Was given Sharon as a "gift"...The list of possibilities is nearly endless.

4. The last name she went by was Tonya Hughes. "Sharon" just seems the name that most have settled on to call her. For me, I prefer Sharon because it seems this was the happiest (if I can use that word) and most stable time of her life. High school, JROTC, the GA Tech scholarship...It's how I prefer to remember her.

We may never know the true extent of Floyd's crimes. What we do know is enough to earn him his own special place in Hell. In my opinion, of course.

Thank you.

He was only charged with Michael's kidnapping though and not murder? Eveyone knows he likely killed the boy. Poor little boy.

This is a case where some people should look the other way while some prison guard works him over with a club until he gives the answers about Sharon and Michael.

He is a pedophile who should not be protected.

This is a case where some people should look the other way while some prison guard works him over with a club until he gives the answers about Sharon and Michael.

He is a pedophile who should not be protected.

No kidding. He must be in protective custody. Surely if he was in the general population another inmate would have some knowledge of this case - I think.

No kidding. He must be in protective custody. Surely if he was in the general population another inmate would have some knowledge of this case - I think.

I am just sick by all the people who did not try to help Sharon. I am sick! I am angry at her best friends parents for knowing something was wrong and not helping her. I am angry at the teachers who did nothing. I am angry at all the boyfriends who knew and just wanted her for sex.
And I am also angry at Sharon for knowing what a pedophile pervert he was and yet she still left her son alone with him while she worked. Was she scared? Yeah!! No doubt but as a mom your insticts are to protect your child.

It's just so sad.

Matt- per your request:

i am the one who contacted youi and christina's family regarding a possible link between christina carter and sharon marshall. I still have the original emails to prove it.

I can be reached by PM here or at the email account i have sent to you via Private message here.

please contact me if you have heard anything!

thank you
CuriousInAtlanta

Sorry to bring this up but anyone else NOT see any resemblance between Sharon MArshall and Christina Carter? It's just not there. They are not the same person. Period. I wish the DNA would hurry up so we can put that part of it to rest.

I am just sick by all the people who did not try to help Sharon. I am sick! I am angry at her best friends parents for knowing something was wrong and not helping her. I am angry at the teachers who did nothing. I am angry at all the boyfriends who knew and just wanted her for sex.
And I am also angry at Sharon for knowing what a pedophile pervert he was and yet she still left her son alone with him while she worked. Was she scared? Yeah!! No doubt but as a mom your insticts are to protect your child.

It's just so sad.

Considering that Sharon was taken as a young child and completely degraded and abused... I'm not sure she could be expected to react as someone who has experienced a "normal" life. I think she did the best she could under the circumstances....

We can second guess her now, but I don't think I would have survived as long as she did considering that torture and abuse were all she ever knew in her life.

Just my thoughts.....

It's just so sad.

Pixies - I felt very angry towards the principal who took Michael out of class to go with Floyd. He took a little boy out of class to be taken by a man who was not his legal guardian. Instead of sticking up for Michael and trying to protect him he withered and obeyed to save his own skin.
When he went into the classroom to get Michael he did not take that opportunity to notify the teacher to call 911 immediately.
I know none of us know how we would behave in a situation like that but I think I can say with confidence if I were a principal and I had a man like FLoyd in my office demanding to take one my students I would refuse and I would figure out a way to call or have on of my collegues call 911.

I felt frustrated with a lot of people in Sharon's life too. The entire situation is wholly frustrating.

Regarding Sharon leaving Michael with Floyd - I don't really think we can fault her for that. She was abused and sexualized her entire life and I don't think she really understood what was normal and what wasn't anymore. The one constant person in her life, the only father figure she had abused and sexualized her and the psychological effects and the way that can warp a person's sense of right and wrong is probably beyond what we can understand.

Pixies - I felt very angry towards the principal who took Michael out of class to go with Floyd. He took a little boy out of class to be taken by a man who was not his legal guardian. Instead of sticking up for Michael and trying to protect him he withered and obeyed to save his own skin.
When he went into the classroom to get Michael he did not take that opportunity to notify the teacher to call 911 immediately.
I know none of us know how we would behave in a situation like that but I think I can say with confidence if I were a principal and I had a man like FLoyd in my office demanding to take one my students I would refuse and I would figure out a way to call or have on of my collegues call 911.

I felt frustrated with a lot of people in Sharon's life too. The entire situation is wholly frustrating.

Regarding Sharon leaving Michael with Floyd - I don't really think we can fault her for that. She was abused and sexualized her entire life and I don't think she really understood what was normal and what wasn't anymore. The one constant person in her life, the only father figure she had abused and sexualized her and the psychological effects and the way that can warp a person's sense of right and wrong is probably beyond what we can understand.

You are completely right! Totally. I am still so upset from reading that book that it is hard to express.

I had typed a huge thing about the coward principal and because it took forever I lost it when WS timed out.
He should have been charged with helping in the kidnapping. A grown man handing over a child is sickening. Gun or not, you do not do that to a child. PERIOD.

About Sharon, she had little chance at ever having a normal life and reading about poor Michael almost achieving a good life only to be stolen makes me ill.

In the course of my research into this case, I've read numerous studies on the effects of abuse. Floyd had, in effect, isolated a very young girl from the entire world. They never stayed in one place for long, making it impossible for Sharon to make any friends or develop any relationships. In Sharon's mind, Floyd may have the only person she did trust. In later years, whenever Sharon was able to make a friend, Floyd found a way to intercede and ruin whatever relationship Sharon may have had.

I can certainly understand the anger Sharon's story creates. But, please, if you feel any anger in this case, direct it at Floyd.

(On a side note, I've had the same problem with losing posts due to the site timing out..What I have been doing is copying the post before submitting. That way, if the site has timed out, I can simply log in, reply, and paste the post rather than losing it).

With kidnapped children, there are several things that are almost always used to keep a person in line and it seems that every one of them was used against Sharon.
1. Using or threatening physical violence.
2. Harming or threatening to harm the persons family. (Sharon probably thought Michael was better off molested than dead.)
3. Threatening to turn the person over to someone that would treat them much worse. (Knowing Floyds thing about orphanages, he probably told Sharon all about them and told her that if Micheal didn't stay with him, he would go to an orphanage.)
4. The constant moving, breaking psychological attachments with other people.(It is quite possible that Sharon never fully bonded with her son, because she never learned what normal human bonding is like.)
5.) Raising the belief that the abductor is a part of a vast network of people that will track the victim down and kill her or bring her back if she tries to escape in any way. (While I have no proof that this was done in the Marshall case, I'd bet dollars to donuts. There is no other way that a wuss like FDF could have controlled her for so long. )

All I'm saying is don't blame the victim, in any case. That is probably part of the reason that Sharon Marshall has been unidentified for so long. The original detectives thought that they just had another dead stripper/hooker on their hands and decided to blame her,at least partially, due to her lifestyle.
Considering what is done to people to keep them quiet and compliant in a situation like the one that Sharon was in, it's amazing that she didn't shut down completely. Most people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash