OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, not at all Boyz Mum. Not at all, I get where you're coming from. She's not a nobody at all, she's SOMEBODY. The problem is though that even with all today's technology there are still ways to beat a system. If she isn't Christina, then I would love to see a huge media blitz for her, because if she's not (or her mother wasn't) a reported missing person...the case is at a standstill again. Even then..Benjamin Kyle was put on Dr. Phil and so far his identity still remains a mystery. You wouldn't think this would be possible in this age of high technology and DNA...but sadly so far this is the case.

Thanks fragile~ you expressed my frustrations a lot better than I did! :)

Thanks fragile~ you expressed my frustrations a lot better than I did! :)
Crimney if Websleuths eats one of my posts I'm going to scream!

Boyz_Mum, I love your thoughts and your posts on a variety of cases and topics....and again your thoughts are so true.

My many thoughts on this case are hard to put into words but I'm going to try and make a short post.

We all know that FDF is a liar, manipulator, cunning, nuts, disgusting. My thoughts are though, that when he tells the truth, people don't realize it. I do suspect that if Christina is not Sharon, then he very well may be telling the truth about how he acquired Sharon. What his sister said about what happened to Michael--I believe he was telling the truth. Anything he's said afterwards is a lie IMO.

If the prostiute scenario is correct, then it's very likely that Sharon will not be on the Doe Network, especially if her mother was murdered not long afterward. I think it's very possible that her mother would have been estranged from her family and that her family may not even know that Sharon existed. From there...two possibilities---to look at missing women in the areas that FDF was known to frequent and see if they could resemble Sharon and if their circumstances could lend to her meeting up with FDF. Unfortunately the other possibility is that she was such a black sheep that she was never reported missing, and that the attitude is of "it's in the past, water under the bridge, if she's alive she can contact us if she wants to."

This is why I would love to see a media blitz, since the media loves sordid stories. This case isn't really well-known outside of true-crime lovers. If she could get a lot of national press, I wonder if it's possible that someone could see it and think they resemble a long lost sister/daughter/cousin.

It's just my opinion that for so long the focus has been on trying to find children missing who resemble sharon and whose circumstances merit further research. If Christina is not Sharon, then I think the next step is to try to find her mother. It would mean a lot of work (I'd have no problem volunteering to take sections and scour the doe network). If a possible match was found...one would like to hope we could get some DNA to match what's there. I make it sound simple but I know it's not.

I think FDF planted little seeds of truth thoughout his web of lies, it's just hard to figure out the difference.

If Christina is not Sharon, I agree with you that finding Sharon's mother would take quite an effort (if it's possible), but it would be worth the time, IMO. I am prone to believe that Sharon's mother was a young woman, perhaps pregnant with Sharon or hitching a ride to anywhere with a little Sharon in tow. I am not sure if I believe Sharon's mother was a prostitute, but I do believe she was most likely estranged from her family- hence her not ever being reported as missing (possibly).

I'm just rambling on, sorry, this story really gets the mind moving. I am kind of at a loss as to why "Sharon's story" didn't garner much attention in the mainstream media. Unsolved Mysteries had their segment about Floyd's abduction of Michael, Court TV had their story about Sharon, but it's suprising that mainstream media didn't pick up on it. It's truly a mystery that needs solving, I wish a show like 48 Hours or the like would document it for a broader viewing audience.

I fully agree with you...he is so egotistic that I'm sure he planted seeds of truth everywhere. Maybe not the full truth unfortunately.

Yes it would be a project to find possibly Sharon's mother AND worth the time. Again, I think there's enough caring people to go through Doe network and look for missing women in the known prowling areas. I am one of them, I gladly would volunteer my time. We can try to run possible matches through here first before passing them on to detectives.

I know in the past that people here have pestered 48 hours, Dateline, trying to get some publicity. Her story is very convoluted and I feel to devote a true profile one would probably need two nights maybe. I mean, there's a lot of fascination with Jaycee's case and this case is just as sick and sad as hers....I wish I wasn't going out of town for a week, otherwise I'd start hitting up newsmagazines again and pointing out the similarities to Jaycee's case.

A baby was believed to have been killed in a fire years earlier was found to be alive in strange circumstances by her mother at a family party.

Does anyone have access to the Philadelphia Daily News Archives? This article appeared on 3/18/2004.

I just wanted to say - anything is possible.

Philadelphia Daily News
Source: BARBARA LAKER, NICOLE WEISENSEE EGAN & REGINA MEDINA lakerb
@phillynews.com Staff writer Simone Weichselbaum contributed to this report.
BEHIND THE heart-tugging saga of Delimar Vera, the little girl who rose miraculously from the ashes, is a sordid web of contradictions, deceptions and secrets.

It's nearly impossible to find two people who agree on any significant event in her life, beginning with the house fire that supposedly killed her in her crib six years ago, when she was 10 days old.

This much is known: Luzaida Cuevas is Delimar's biological mother, not Carolyn Correa, who raised her as
Published on 2004-03-18, Page 03, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)

A baby was believed to have been killed in a fire years earlier was found to be alive in strange circumstances by her mother at a family party.

Does anyone have access to the Philadelphia Daily News Archives? This article appeared on 3/18/2004.

That could be a good idea if it turns out Christina isnt Sharon. I wonder if anyone has looked into the possibility that Floyd got her and the parents think she is dead like that story about the fire. He has always said that no one is looking for her.

Philadelphia Daily News
Source: BARBARA LAKER, NICOLE WEISENSEE EGAN & REGINA MEDINA lakerb
@phillynews.com Staff writer Simone Weichselbaum contributed to this report.
BEHIND THE heart-tugging saga of Delimar Vera, the little girl who rose miraculously from the ashes, is a sordid web of contradictions, deceptions and secrets.

It's nearly impossible to find two people who agree on any significant event in her life, beginning with the house fire that supposedly killed her in her crib six years ago, when she was 10 days old.

This much is known: Luzaida Cuevas is Delimar's biological mother, not Carolyn Correa, who raised her as
Published on 2004-03-18, Page 03, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)

Ahh yes the Delimar Vera story....saw that on Lifetime not long ago. The gall that woman Carolyn COrrea had.

Haven't posted here in a while and this is where I received the lead on Christina Carter (thanks Curiosity in Atlanta) so you deserve to know the latest:

There's a six month backlog for DNA testing at the National Center. And it took several months to convince a maternal relative of Christina Carter to agree to the testing. So that explains the long delay. That said, I was told that we should have the result in September.

I'm in touch with Christina's relatives and her father, along with Sharon's daughter and her mother (Sharon's third child born in New Orleans), and everyone is equally anxious.

This is the last lead, folks. It's been a long ordeal and I'm hopeful we're on the right track.

As for Floyd, I saw the video from his recent court appearance. He hasn't changed since I saw him (I spent a total of six hours in prison with him). I think he's crazy, but like a fox. And I don't think you'll find anyone as evil.

Keep checking my facebook page for more info. Or you can follow on twitter (follow the link on facebook). Best, Matt

Matt, we appreciate your continuing efforts to find out the truth about Christina Carter and Sharon. I am virtually 100% convinced it is her - a comparison of their photos, the circumstances and dates and locations surrounding each case - and for me, the "trumpcard" is that postcard Floyd sent and the existence, in that time, of a shopping center in the general area where christina went missing - with that name.

Something about this case has grabbed me from the first time I ever heard about it - perhaps because I live in and know the georgia area where Sharon grew up. I sincerely hope we find the answer we hope for - Sharon, Christina, and their families deserve it.

That could be a good idea if it turns out Christina isnt Sharon. I wonder if anyone has looked into the possibility that Floyd got her and the parents think she is dead like that story about the fire. He has always said that no one is looking for her.

I spent several months checking out that very angle. The problem is, the information is so old, so sketchy, and many times there would be no follow-up whatsoever available in the media. It could, in fact, takes weeks to follow through a single lead to any type of conclusion. From a young girl swept into a storm drain in Ohio to another young girl washed off a bridge in her family's car during a flood, I traced several such stories... I honestly felt this was a viable angle, given what little information there is to work with. If the family truly thought there daughter was dead, then there was no reason for anyone to be looking for her.
One of my most promising leads actually came while I was gathering information on an entirely different subject. A book I was using for reference mentioned a light aircraft which disappeared during the early fall of 1973 from Florida. Aboard were a mother, father, and two little girls. It was stated that the plane may have arced into Georgia to avoid a storm and gone down. After weeks of searching for information, including pestering the FAA and Civil Aeronautics Board, I found out the plane actually disappeared in 1970.
An object lesson in the importance of checking your sources.

Hey guys, new here. I've been reading up on this case for only 2 months or so, forgive me if I step out of line or something. On the chance that testing might prove Sharon is not Christina...(which I really hope it was her!) I've been looking through missing women from 1969-1970-ish. I came across Joyce Creola Brewer.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brewer_joyce.html

I can't find more details on this missing girl, but did see something that stated she may have left with a boyfriend. What if after leaving she falls into a less desirable life (drugs, prostitution) and has a daughter? When placed side by side Sharon and Joyce I wonder could there be a connection? How could a possibility like this even be researched?

Yes, welcome smudgitt.

I've never posted on this case, but have read everything there is to read. Here is a thought....maybe there is no record of the true identidy of Sharon. What I mean is that she may have been born under similar circumstances as Jaycee Dugard's daughters. If so, there would be no birth certificate, etc. Maybe one of Franklin's creepy friends fathered her and gave her to him as a "present". There are disgusting people out there who do things like this.

Yes, welcome smudgitt.

I've never posted on this case, but have read everything there is to read. Here is a thought....maybe there is no record of the true identidy of Sharon. What I mean is that she may have been born under similar circumstances as Jaycee Dugard's daughters. If so, there would be no birth certificate, etc. Maybe one of Franklin's creepy friends fathered her and gave her to him as a "present". There are disgusting people out there who do things like this.

That is a frightening thought. Since Sharon's situation must have begun at some point in the early 70's, documents would have been more easily forged or falsified, it really wasn't paid to much attention (IMO). She really could have come from anywhere. Since Jaycee's captors were able to do this "today", I believe it would have been much easier for Floyd to do "back then".

I'm glad you commented Spurser. :blowkiss:

Hey guys, new here. I've been reading up on this case for only 2 months or so, forgive me if I step out of line or something. On the chance that testing might prove Sharon is not Christina...(which I really hope it was her!) I've been looking through missing women from 1969-1970-ish. I came across Joyce Creola Brewer.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brewer_joyce.html

I can't find more details on this missing girl, but did see something that stated she may have left with a boyfriend. What if after leaving she falls into a less desirable life (drugs, prostitution) and has a daughter? When placed side by side Sharon and Joyce I wonder could there be a connection? How could a possibility like this even be researched?
It's a possibility perhaps....since recently it was discussed here that if the Christina Carter connection does not work, then perhaps it's back to the drawing board searching for perhaps the mother of Sharon on Doe....that perhaps she wasn't known about but her mother was/is a missing person.

Oy, Spurser I never thought about that possibility....uggggh that could really be the case here.

Floyd has admitted to be a "member" or follower of the "Church of the New Song" which was a front for integrating former prisoners back into the public. It has been rumored that some of their techniques involved making sure the former prisoners had "papers" that would enable them to work in the mainstream.

I am further interested in information that surrounded the investigation of Christina's mother's death, for if we find out Christina is Sharon then there might be clues to Freda Denman and her children's disappearance. Especially if any connection was made to some of the other players in Freda's disappearance. As a member of Freda's family, i am quite interested in whether Christina is Sharon for those reasons.

Floyd has admitted to be a "member" or follower of the "Church of the New Song" which was a front for integrating former prisoners back into the public. It has been rumored that some of their techniques involved making sure the former prisoners had "papers" that would enable them to work in the mainstream.
Floyd's involvement with this organization has always intrigued me and been just a little scary due to the fact that the organization was based where I live now. It's not exactly the type of city where you'd think of ex-cons congregating and printing newsletters for their 'religion.'

I will be meeting with one of the early members (not one of the wacko's from the Atlanta prison) in the near future. I believe he was gone from the group when Henry Harbison, Freda's husband, would have been around; however, he still has some contact with some of the members. One of which lives in the Gulfport, MS area and may know more than he's told about Henry et al. This person was in the Mobile County jail with Henry then moved on to the Atlanta Federal Prison at the same time Franklin Floyd was there. Law enforcement has called this guy and asked him if he knows anything about Harbison. He's told them "no". What would you say to a cop on the phone 3 states away?

I will be meeting with one of the early members (not one of the wacko's from the Atlanta prison) in the near future. I believe he was gone from the group when Henry Harbison, Freda's husband, would have been around; however, he still has some contact with some of the members. One of which lives in the Gulfport, MS area and may know more than he's told about Henry et al. This person was in the Mobile County jail with Henry then moved on to the Atlanta Federal Prison at the same time Franklin Floyd was there. Law enforcement has called this guy and asked him if he knows anything about Harbison. He's told them "no". What would you say to a cop on the phone 3 states away?

I doubt I would say much to LE over the phone, let alone someone from 3 states away. If the "group" is/was dangerous, I'm not sure anyone would say too much?

Thanks for your input srlee, I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. Praying that your questions are answered, please be cautious in your meeting(s). :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99