OK - Tommy Wolf, 9, murdered, mom injured, Nichols Hills, 16 Nov 2009 *Insanity*

Yes, the first half is madness, the second, sorrow. The "Mary is the devil" part takes it over the top as that's his wife's name and, as well, as their son was enrolled in a Catholic school, of course it is also the name of the Blessed Virgin.

He is not saying "Mary is the devil." I hear him saying "Mary, he is the devil" to which the wife responds "he is not the devil". Presumably he thinks his son is the devil.

Listened with headphones, it is the police yelling at the beginning. "put your hands behind your *advertiser censored** back" and then the man yells something like Mary is dead/the devil......then the rest is too sad to even type when the mother is talking.

jmoo

Not the police. I think his wife told him "put your hands behind your *advertiser censored** back" because she was calling 911. If it were the police, why would wife be calling 911. I hear him saying "Mary, he is the devil." To which she responds "he is not the devil."
Presumably he is referring to his son as the "devil."
Then the wife tells 911, "my son is dead."
I hear 911 operator saying "your son is down?"
To which wife again says "my son is dead."
If it is some sort of mental illness, I am surprised it took so long to manifest itself, because usually that sort of thing manifests itself in late teens, early twenties. His friend is quoted saying as to how wonderful he was, so the friend obviously didn't notice anything amiss.

Here's where I read that LE was there when Mary was on the phone w/ 911

Mary Wolf made the second call, but hung up, possibly because she was defending herself, he said. She also made the third call, after police had arrived.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/oklahoma.child.slaying/

So it's possible the LE was there telling the doctor to put his effing hands behind his back.

Here's where I read that LE was there when Mary was on the phone w/ 911

Mary Wolf made the second call, but hung up, possibly because she was defending herself, he said. She also made the third call, after police had arrived.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/oklahoma.child.slaying/

So it's possible the LE was there telling the doctor to put his effing hands behind his back.

Maybe it were the female police officer telling him to "put your hands behind your "*advertiser censored* ing" back. Now!"
Then he tells his wife "Mary, he is the devil." She responds "he is not the devil." Either the wife or the female police officer then says "I need an ambulance."
Then wife tells operator "my son is dead." Operator says "your son is down?" The wife says "my son is dead."

To me, it sounded like the same voice was telling him to put the hands behind his back and talking to 911 operator.

It definitely was a woman's voice, IMO, but upon listening to it a few more times I think it was a different woman, perhaps a female police officer.

That poor mother... the sobbing when she said "He's not the devil!" I hope that she receives counseling and has a good support system because she just lost her husband and her son all in one horrible, tragic night.

I wonder if the man's head wound was self-induced or if the wife did it in defense of her son?

It definitely was a woman's voice, IMO, but upon listening to it a few more times I think it was a different woman, perhaps a female police officer.

That poor mother... the sobbing when she said "He's not the devil!" I hope that she receives counseling and has a good support system because she just lost her husband and her son all in one horrible, tragic night.

I wonder if the man's head wound was self-induced or if the wife did it in defense of her son?

The voices sounded similar but after listening to it some more I agree the one who said "put your hands behind your *advertiser censored*ing back" was more aggressive. The wound is on his face so my guess would be he didn't do it to himself. Wife probably tried to stop him. I don't get how someone can get to this guy's advanced age and then apparently decide his son is the devil. Schizophrenia, if he had something like that, should have manifested itself a long time ago.

This is so sad. I have a 9 year old little girl.

Doctors can get hooked on uppers and downers. Especially early on in their careers. It is not hard for doctors to get their hands on narcotics. I have a friend that worked at an expensive rehab. She says doctors, lawyers and just about anyone can be an addict. Uppers such as forms of amphetamines can cause bi-polar symptoms, depression, and psychotic breaks. So in other words he could just have been a paranoid junkie and strung out. JMOO.

Maybe it were the female police officer telling him to "put your hands behind your "*advertiser censored* ing" back. Now!"
Then he tells his wife "Mary, he is the devil." She responds "he is not the devil." Either the wife or the female police officer then says "I need an ambulance."
Then wife tells operator "my son is dead." Operator says "your son is down?" The wife says "my son is dead."

I wonder if he mentioned the devil at any time before the police got there, or was that maybe just a way he thought up to defend his actions somewhat once he was caught in the act. I suspect he planned to kill everyone in the house, but the neighbor heard the commotion and LE showed up while his wife was fighting back. So he went to plan B.

Steadfast, that thought ran across my mind as well. If he was acting "crazy" when he was around other people than he could use that as a defense, no?

I hope that he isn't that calculating. :(

Not the police. I think his wife told him "put your hands behind your *advertiser censored** back" because she was calling 911. If it were the police, why would wife be calling 911. I hear him saying "Mary, he is the devil." To which she responds "he is not the devil."
Presumably he is referring to his son as the "devil."
Then the wife tells 911, "my son is dead."
I hear 911 operator saying "your son is down?"
To which wife again says "my son is dead."
If it is some sort of mental illness, I am surprised it took so long to manifest itself, because usually that sort of thing manifests itself in late teens, early twenties. His friend is quoted saying as to how wonderful he was, so the friend obviously didn't notice anything amiss.

Imo, it was clearly a man's voice (I believe LE) that yelled, "put your hands behind your *advertiser censored** back." I can't tell if he (the perp) said, "Mary, it's the devil" or "he's/she's" the devil. Whatever it was, he believed someone was the devil. Which ever way, it is suggestive of a psychotic break. jmo

I think Mary called 911 again after the police arrived because she wanted an ambulance for her son. She knew he was gone, but was trying to get help for him anyway. Just heartbreaking.

If he had decided to kill everyone, then common sense dictates he would kill the wife first. She was not sufficiently injured to impact her ability to defend her child-why would he go for the boy? Maybe there is something more here in terms of his intentions...fwiw, I hope (God please forgive me) that she was the one who clocked him on the head if that is a head injury....

Not much new news. He's lawyered up, of course.

"Defense attorney Mack Martin met with Wolf in jail Monday evening after being contacted by the doctor’s family.

"He said he will represent Wolf but can’t comment about the case."

http://newsok.com/nichols-hills-doc...article/3418043?custom_click=lead_story_title

Much interest in the case---the page has 88,124 views; the next nearest Oklahoma City story in terms of views has 21,402.

You may be right. The mugshot seemingly supports that theory. We all noticed the gash in his head, but worse than that is the expression on his face, especially the eyes. Just flat and vacant and devoid of any emotion. jmo

BBM
These were my exact thoughts when I first saw SW's mugshot. No anger, no fear, no confusion, not even "satisfaction"(for lack of a better term). Just vacancy behind his eyes. Like he hasn't realized what the hell just happened, yet. Tragic, all around.

I don't think he knew what he was doing when this happened. I sincerely think it was a psychotic episode, whether it be because of mental illness, some type of drug use or even sleepwalking. I can't imagine being Mary and waking up to that kind of havoc. Trying to protect her baby and herself while being absolutely terrified and trying to come out of her sleepy grogginess. I think about how out of it I am after sleeping, especially when I'm awakened unexpectedly, I can't imagine her utter horror at trying to make sense of what was going on around her. I can't get this woman, her family or her loss out of my mind, my heart is broken for her.

And, wouldn't an "acute depression" require more than a 3 day hospitalization?

Unless someone remains a serious threat to themself or others, 72 hours is pretty standard. Unless you check yourself into a long term treatment facility, which is usually paid for by the patient, not insurance. After 72 hours, most people are released with medication and follow up services such as counseling and medication reviews.

If he had decided to kill everyone, then common sense dictates he would kill the wife first. She was not sufficiently injured to impact her ability to defend her child-why would he go for the boy? Maybe there is something more here in terms of his intentions...fwiw, I hope (God please forgive me) that she was the one who clocked him on the head if that is a head injury....

People who kill their families don't necessarily kill their spouse first. His line of thought might be that since it would be harder to kill his wife quickly, she might make noise and wake up his son. I think his son made more noise than he expected and his wife woke up and came in to rescue her son.
I, too, hope his wife is the one who clobbered him. It's not much, but it's something.

People who kill their families don't necessarily kill their spouse first. His line of thought might be that since it would be harder to kill his wife quickly, she might make noise and wake up his son. I think his son made more noise than he expected and his wife woke up and came in to rescue her son.
I, too, hope his wife is the one who clobbered him. It's not much, but it's something.

Can anybody remember if Chris Coleman killed his sons or his wife first? For some reason, it's stuck in my head that Sheri was killed last...but it's been a while since all that happened so I could be remembering wrong.

What I hear in the 3rd 911 call...

I think it's a male police officer that yells "Get your hands behind your *advertiser censored**in back, NOW!" Sounds like a man, to me. I don't think MW would have had so much authority in her voice when she was clearly terrified. The person that yells at him to get his hands behind his back is more composed and authoritative, she isn't.

Then, MW doesn't realize that she has already gotten through to 911 dispatch so she dials again.

SW says, "He's the devil, Mary."

MW says, "He's not the devil."

SW says, "He's the devil."

MW says crying, "Tommy"

She then realizes that she has gotten a dispatcher on the line and asks for an amubulance. I can't tell for certain if she she says "My son is stabbed", "My son is down" or "My son is dead". I think she says "stabbed". I don't think she says "dead" because she doesn't respond, "Yes" when the 911 dispatcher asks, "Your son is dead?", instead she says "Send an ambulance, HURRY!" and then hangs up after the dispatcher says, "Tell me what is wrong?"

The reason she was calling 911 again after LE arrived is most likely because she was calling for an ambulance.

JMO, of course.

From what I've read & heard in news vids, Tommy didn't die until after LE arrived....bless his heart. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1
Back