Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the Probable Cause affidavits linked below in the article :

Butler and Kelley's phone records indicated their devices were actively sending signals to their carriers until approximately 0942 hours, after which the devices were no longer seen by the networks and stopped transmitting.
Neither phone was found at the scene or within the vehicle and they are
currently missing.

On March 28 or 29, 2024, Cullum asked Beasley if he could cut a tree down, remove a stump, bury some concrete, do dirt work where the concrete pile was and below the dam.

Red emphasis mine.

This answers my question regarding the concrete being 'moved'.

If I were LE, I'd look for the phones at that property.
Even if destroyed, wouldn't there be a slim possibility of recovering evidence forensically ?

Cullum told Beasley that he didn’t want the police or people to cause problems for Beasley and said that all the skid steer tracks on his property without a skid steer looked bad. Beasley said that if anyone asked, he would tell them that Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him.

And this landowner didn't question TC ??
Smh.

Maybe afraid of TC and TA.

I'll bet LE has spoken to him and may do so again in the future.
Omo.

Last edited:
I feel Cora is angry that they got caught mainly from the OSBI tracking TA’s burner phones to location of the diversion (all 5 phones) and an hour later tracked 3 phones to the burial site on BBC the leased farm land! I feel Cora thought the phones were not traceable. Her daughter’s going to LE sped everything up because the OSBI had information to track the phones TA purchased at Walmart. The tracking of these phones leaves no speculation for a defense.
THERE WERE ONLY THREE BURNERS, per the AA. Never said there were 5, said there were THREE.

From the Probable Cause affidavits linked below in the article :

Neither phone was found at the scene or within the vehicle and they are currently missing. On March 28 or 29, 2024, Cullum asked Beasley if he could cut a tree down, remove a stump, bury some concrete, do dirt work where the concrete pile was and below the dam.

This answers my question regarding the concrete being 'moved'.

If I were LE, I'd look for the phones at that property.
Even if destroyed, wouldn't there be a slim possibility of recovering evidence forensically ?

Cullum told Beasley that he didn’t want the police or people to cause problems for Beasley and said that all the skid steer tracks on his property without a skid steer looked bad. Beasley said that if anyone asked, he would tell them that Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him.

And this landowner didn't question TC ??
Smh.

Maybe afraid of TC and TA.

I'll bet LE has spoken to him and may do so again in the future.
Omo.
That is a very large piece of property with multiple concrete piles, pond dams, and at least 5 ponds.

I would imagine LE is having a field day in searching it. I would not be surprised if there were more surprises out there that LE would be interested in.

Why would anyone care about skid steer tracks without a skid steer? It's not a fixed piece of equipment and is normally moved around various locations. Heavy-duty mining equipment or road-building graders, maybe, but a skid steer is innocuous and almost ubiquitous in farms or ranches, farm supply stores, even just suburban Home Depot and Lowe's stores.

Last edited:
That is a very large piece of property with multiple concrete piles, pond dams, and at least 5 ponds.

I would imagine LE is having a field day in searching it. I would not be surprised if there were more surprises out there that LE would be interested in.

Why would anyone care about skid steer tracks without a skid steer? It's not a fixed piece of equipment and is normally moved around various locations.
Ikr ?
Even a fairly intelligent perp wouldn't draw attention to themselves, like that comment to the landowner re. the digging and the skid steer tracks ! :rolleyes:
Omo.

interesting - it seems that's not a thing in Oklahoma
Covenant marriage is a legally distinct kind of marriage in three states of the United States (Arizona, Arkansas, and Louisiana)
ColeT self-described the marriage on his FB (that was linked to my post) an listed how the cob=venant marriage was over and above a traditional marriage.

Am far from knowledgeable on these matters; have seen the term covenant marriage associated with extremist but the most detailed look in my experience is ColeT's FB.

Assumed the Twomblys have legal marriage marriage and the covenant marriage was self-determined as part of <modsnip - ignoring mod notes> God's Misfit "hobbies".

Had zero idea that Covenant marriage was in fact a type of legal marriage in some states. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does TA's hair look like something she could have done herself? Since I'm not "fixy" I could never plait and fix my hair like that and just wonder if anyone can. I think I'll be very upset if we discover TA has access to a hairdresser.
Perhaps she's practicing her skill at "fixing" things since the last thing she tried to "fix" didn't work out so well for her. I did wonder if she was being held in an individual cell with no contact with other inmates. IDK if there are mirrors in the women's cells or if an inmate gets a welcome bundle containing soap and a brush or comb toothpaste, etc along with their new clothes when they first get booked.

Ikr ?
Even a fairly intelligent perp wouldn't draw attention to themselves, like that comment to the landowner re. the digging and the skid steer tracks ! :rolleyes:
Omo.

Unless TC didn't have one and was concerned Beasley knew that and would wonder where the money for one suddenly came from. ;)

Or, was concerned Beasley might take notice of the number of vehicles out there. (Also a reason why it had to be done in daylight, as if it was just a work project). Wonder if Beasley went out to look at it in the nearly two weeks between the murders and the discovery of the burial site. Hmmmm.

I wonder if VB's vehicle was intended to be left driveable and was going to be driven out there instead of towed or on a flatbed. Leaving the vehicle where it was found was not in the original plan. I wonder if it was actually still drivable for the few miles it had to go but they couldn't risk being seen driving it with a broken window. I was assuming it was the driver's window, but it might have had substantial windshield damage that made it undrivable.

Last edited:
This timeline is a “must” read from the OSBI published by the Oklahoman newspaper! Thanks so much for this link. I now feel this is not the first time for this group! The victims cell phones quit transmitting two minutes after diversion from the main road! TA’s 5 purchased burner phones were at this location at the same time. Then, 3 of the burner phones were tracked to the burial site within an hour of them being diverted. The other two burner phones were tracked back to TA’s house at the same time. I have no comprehension how someone could divert a car, commit this heinous crime, have victims and phones disposed of within one hour and be the first time they have committed a crime like this! <modsnip: no source link for information stated as fact/sleuthing random people>
BBM
Great article! One slight correction on your post, there were 3 burner phones purchased by TA, and 5 tasers, as stated in the article.
MOO

Tad: Hey, I'm gonna be doin' some diggin' out here and I'll have the digger machine out in a couple of days.

Landowner: Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Tad: Oh, and, BTW, I'm being looked at regarding the disappearance of a couple of women so if the sheriff comes sniffing around, don't say anything - especially, you know, about the digging.

Landowner: Sure thing, Tad.

WTF?
Lol.
Wouldn't anyone want to know more, though -- after the odd suggestions given by the renter of the land, TC ?
I'd imagine LE have spoken extensively to the landowner (JB) by now.
As far as we know, LE were ok with his explanation.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Omo.

Unless TC didn't have one and was concerned Beasley knew that and would wonder where the money for one suddenly came from. ;)

Or, was concerned Beasley might take notice of the number of vehicles out there.

I wonder if VB's vehicle was driveable and was driven out there, rather than in a tow or something?
Or perhaps people in that community know, with these people, its not always best to know anything or ask questions. JMO

He must have been aware that Tad did not like VB, otherwise why even cross your mind? He must have known there was bad blood and a nasty custody battle. Maybe they asked him for favors in their cases?
He was a judge several counties away. A municipal judge, handling things like traffic tickets.

Moo

Tad: Hey, I'm gonna be doin' some diggin' out here and I'll have the digger machine out in a couple of days.

Landowner: Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Tad: Oh, and, BTW, I'm being looked at regarding the disappearance of a couple of women so if the sheriff comes sniffing around, don't say anything - especially, you know, about the digging.

Landowner: Sure thing, Tad.

WTF?
Tad: Also one of the women who mysteriously disappeared has been in a really ugly custody battle with my girlfriend for years. So definitely don't mention that I was out here digging holes on the day those women went missing.

Landowner: Wow, what a crazy coincidence. Life's so funny sometimes. Anyway, have a good one!

Lol.
Wouldn't anyone want to know more, though -- after the odd suggestions given by the renter of the land, TC ?
I'd imagine LE have spoken extensively to the landowner (JB) by now.
As far as we know, LE were ok with his explanation.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Omo.
I'm thinking Beasley and his property are going to be a gold mine of evidence for LE.

There is no reason for LE to be telling us any more than they already have at this point. They are going to have a full 18 months or so to work on the information.

Perhaps Beasley was the one who thought it necessary to bring LE out to search after the arrest warrants were issued.
Good point. ^^^

As an aside... I was being mildly sarcastic towards the perp, TC.
Almost like he was saying in an imaginary conversation: 'Don't look here. Look elsewhere. I had nothing to do with it.'.
Omo.

And also, I don't think *three* phones ever went to the burial site ... only two… Right? But also the clumps in which the three phones were moving around is a little odd. The language in this part of the affadavit is not crystal clear, but it looks like:

- 9141 and 9085 start the day at the Twomblys’ place, then go to the Cullums. (it doesn’t say where phone 5753 begins its day, but presumably at the Cullums’?

- All three phones then go to the site of the car stop.

- 9141 then goes *back* to the Twomblys and stays there until it goes offline.

- 9085 and 5752 go from the car stop site to the Cullums, and then to the Beasleys, until they go offline as well.

I just thought the way these phones were pairing up with one another in different ways at different times during the day was sort of interesting. That is to say, the one phone that appears to have overnighted at the Cullums’ seems to have made all the stops, whereas the two phones that were staying with the Twomblys had rather different trajectories (one of those two stuck with 5752, whereas the other seems to have gone right home.

Did anyone ever determine who was in the "big, black truck" that was following the NewsNation crew?

I'm betting it's another sightseer. I'm sure this was very scary for the team. Just as they were out there looking at the site, I'm sure lots of others are as well.
Black trucks with dark tinted windows are really not unusual in certain areas.

I'm in Virginia, it's hot in the summer, the sun splits our leather seats, the seats are hot, we have a lot of tented windows. My Jeep windows are dark tinted and I have no nefarious intentions. Just a gal with a Jeep.

Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members