Omaha Double Murder #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read all the posts to this thread, however the whole license plate issue keeps niggling at me. I don't even know what type of license plate was reported.
In Alberta, there are no front plates required. I'm not sure about other provinces. Here is a link to all Canadian license plates:
http://members.shaw.ca/kcic1/license.html

Re: Snick's question about how would someone with bogus credentials get into such a job???? haha...Another Dr. in Alberta who did reports on the same deceased Dr. Belenky did the autopsy on was found to not have any Canadian credentials and only a sketchy Dr.s degree obtained in India. A friend of the victim launched an inquiry into that Dr. and his incompetence and the top officials found that he was doing a fine job.
Coincidence? That two Dr.s on one murder trial are both found to be unqualified?
Just had to voice this connection. The Canadian government is in big turmoil right now, in particular in Alberta with the leader/Premier who quit last week.

I read here occasionally but never post. I watched this program last night on PBS. Imagine my surprise at the events unfolding right now, in this case. If any of you have the time, it is interesting and disturbing, to say the least.

Here is the Link to the Frontline show entitled "Post Mortem". Some interesting characters come to these positions, not all of course, as you will see- but some... see for yourselves:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/post-mortem/

I hope this crime is solved and the families of Shirley and Thomas can at least have some closure. It was a horrific, sick, and brutal crime and I hope the person(s) responsible are held accountable in this lifetime.

I had followed this case in the beginning, but I hadn't commented because I couldn't add to the discussion. Frankly, I was stumped. I had some ideas, but nothing really, as there were no names to go along with the suspicions and honestly, no facts.

Going back through the first part of the thread #1 of this case, which was begun by out own Snick1946, I was reminded of a few things that could be relevant to some of what has popped up the past day or so.

1.The vehicle the suspicious person was driving that day, had an out of state license plate, but the witness couldn't read what state.

The person who's name is being brought up at this time, Dr. MB, at the time of the murders was living in Pittsburgh. So he MAY have been driving a car with Pa plates.

2. a.The person that's being discussed now, Dr. MB, worked for 2 1/3 years towards his residency and then moved on to another job, and or changed his mind as to his ultimate goal.

b. At the time of the murders, Dr. William Hunter directed the Pathology Residency Program at Creighton and had been MB's instructor or whatever it was called, and Dr. Claire Hunter was the associate program director for evaluation and credentialing in the Department of Medicine, in which I believe she would be the final say on if someone met qualifications to move on with their medical career.

c. It was stated in previous posts, RUMOR, that the Hunters had a Russian friend and MB is Russian.

IF MB was actually, in addition to be a student or up and coming doctor, why would he leave before he got his residency credentials? I mean if they were friends and he was a good doctor, he would have been almost assured a good reference from the Hunters.

3. And last but not least, at the time of the double murder, it was the nail-biting week when the up and coming doctors at Crieghton, were awaiting their responses to hospitals, where they were applying to further their career, after finishing their residency. Their acceptance was dependant on their individual evaluation and recommendation from the staff at Creighton, which included Dr. Claire Hunter's stamp of approval.I don't recall which article it was from yesterday, so through the last few pages of this thread, I saw a statement by Dr. William Hunter about the person being discussed, Dr. MB, and his words about the qualifications or type of resident MB was sounded so,..................benign, at least to me. It was something like he was 'acceptable' (NOT exact word), and he was a solid resident, or something like that. "Acceptable" (not exact word)?

Then MB moves onto Canada and says he got his 'residency' from Nebraska?

I'm still not quite clear on just exactly when OPD went to Canada to question MB. But it was stated in one article it was recently and others it said some time ago. It was also said in the articles, that OPD went up to Canada on a 'tip.' The 'tip' must have been interesting for the OPD to finance detectives to fly all the way to Canada.

Something is not right. Or at the least, warrant LE to dig deeper.

JMHO
fran

~above BBM~

fran, you bring up some good points. I bolded #3 because it dawned on me that perhaps MB would have been one of those residents had he stayed with the program.

For how long is the residency program? Maybe don'tknow will chime in here with info for us.

MOO

wm

I think some of our newer participants may not be aware of this site:

http://solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com/

It was apparently done either by the Hunter family or friends of theirs. Whomever it is they have at times taken a somewhat skeptical view of our discussion but I dont hold that against them.
Anyway I was struck by the new entries. Links to news articles about the new developments etc but also a prominent headline repeating Dr Hunter's belief that MB could not be involved in these killings.
I understand professional relunctance to be open to the fact that a collegue could have murdered your son. But the denials we keep hearing on this issue over the past few days in every interview strike me as strange. Just a thought..

I think some of our newer participants may not be aware of this site:

http://solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com/

It was apparently done either by the Hunter family or friends of theirs. Whomever it is they have at times taken a somewhat skeptical view of our discussion but I dont hold that against them.
Anyway I was struck by the new entries. Links to news articles about the new developments etc but also a prominent headline repeating Dr Hunter's belief that MB could not be involved in these killings.
I understand professional relunctance to be open to the fact that a collegue could have murdered your son. But the denials we keep hearing on this issue over the past few days in every interview strike me as strange. Just a thought..

Bolded by me. I don't want to make up a bunch of scenarios as not to cause pain to anyone. However, one particular thought comes to mind at the reluctance and it is something that is very much alive and well in our country today.

But it is STRANGE, very strange indeed.

I just found a photo of a Pennsylvania license plate with a 12/07 sticker on it that has peach at the top of the license plate. Couldn't figure out how to get the photo on here.

They do not have front license plates in Pennsylvania.

Our plates are mostly white with (for cars) 3 blue letters and 4 blue numbers. There is a blue stripe and a yellow stripe at the top / bottom... It didn't fit when I first read about peach plates... Our previous plates were blue with yellow writing and prior to that were yellow with blue writing. I can photo part of my plate to post if need be.

ETA: And then I read... the REST of the thread. Sorry :( I hope for there are some answers soon for Tom and Shirlee. Being that this occurred on my birthday, it has always stuck with me.

Bolded by me. I don't want to make up a bunch of scenarios as not to cause pain to anyone. However, one particular thought comes to mind at the reluctance and it is something that is very much alive and well in our country today.

But it is STRANGE, very strange indeed.

OK, I'll bite: what are you referring to that is very much alive today?

I was hoping someone else would ask but if you prefer not to post your reply feel free to PM me, thanks.

PA license plate..jpg

I think I finally figured out how to upload the PA license plate I found that had some peach coloring to it. It may be a special plate, but here it is.

Click on it to see a larger picture.

View attachment 13606

I think I finally figured out how to upload the PA license plate I found that had some peach coloring to it. It may be a special plate, but here it is.

Click on it to see a larger picture.

Thanks, YD, I forgot about our specialty plates. We have a few. Do you think MB would've paid for a Wildlife plate if he just moved here? Most opt for the standard. Jumping to conclusions here, but he doesn't appear to want to donate to the wildlife...

Welcome to all of new posters! Thank you for joining the discussion!

I saw this article before this latest news about MB came to light. I am posting it in hopes that MB's photo has been distributed to the border patrol guards.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41378701/ns/world_news/

I was just thinking about where this guy might flee. What would be the chances of him attempting to flee via Alaska? I don't know how difficult that would be to do but this guy made 300,00 dollars per year so it may not be too 'out there' for him to try and charter private transportation back to Russia.

Just thinking out loud. MOO

wm

Might not be too difficult. Didn't Palin say she could see Russia from her front porch? Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Thanks, YD, I forgot about our specialty plates. We have a few. Do you think MB would've paid for a Wildlife plate if he just moved here? Most opt for the standard. Jumping to conclusions here, but he doesn't appear to want to donate to the wildlife...

I found another PA plate that is still in use (according to the page I read) that is peach. I'll try to find it again.

http://worldlicenseplates.com

Check out the bottom plate on the right at this link. It says it is still current and it is peach across the bottom. You will have to find PA on their menu and then check it out.

I erased the first link I had on here because it wasn't working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500