Omaha double murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you go online and the most recent information you can find on this case is the interview the mother gave months ago, this is definitely a "cold case". I find it so unusual that some reporter hasn't tried to delve more into this hoping to get a 'scoop'.
And LE is seemingly doing nothing to keep the case before the public. If anything, it seems like they are doing the opposite.

Could this have been one of Thomas's classmates? The average 13 year old boy is 5'7"
and, if dressed in adult attire, could look like a man. I wonder how closely his classmates were scrutinized?

Hi Snick and YellowDog! Glad to see you back. This forum has been moving at warped speed lately......Lot's of crimes committed during the holidays.

It has been difficult to dig up anything in sleuthing this case. It has taken months but progress has been made and we've learned some facts (which can't be linked here).

I can't imagine LE's workload at this time. OPD has stated in news reports that they are continuing to work on the case. And that's it. They could only need one or two pieces of the puzzle to solve it but they haven't said that I recall. The silence is deafening tho. Sometimes LE will refrain from giving statements on progress so that the suspect doesn't get spooked. I hope that is the case here.

At least we are all still here in hopes that Tom and Shirlee will receive justice soon.

We have discussed the possibility of someone from Creighton, a Jesuit University, being involved in these murders. Not being familiar with Jesuits, I was curious, and someone was nice enough to send me this interesting article on Jesuits. It seems subjective, (but what do I know?) yet it is thought provoking.

http://thebibleistheotherside.org/newsitem24.htm

MODS please delete if not ok. thanks,

wm

I have an interesting oddity to share since I and others who post here have experienced computer problems/crashes/unauthorized printer installations and user accounts, etc.

The link I posted in my previous post was originally saved in my bookmarks. I just went to my bookmarks to retrieve a link for another project and guess what? All of my bookmarks have been wiped out since posting that link!!!!! Hmmmmph! It may be nothing or not but thought it odd and wanted you all to be aware of what has happened in light of previous occurances.....

wm

I have an interesting oddity to share since I and others who post here have experienced computer problems/crashes/unauthorized printer installations and user accounts, etc.

The link I posted in my previous post was originally saved in my bookmarks. I just went to my bookmarks to retrieve a link for another project and guess what? All of my bookmarks have been wiped out since posting that link!!!!! Hmmmmph! It may be nothing or not but thought it odd and wanted you all to be aware of what has happened in light of previous occurances.....

wm

WM, this is cause for concern. It well may not be related, as all my stuff re this case is still on my computer. But, I think we all need to take care; we don't know what or who we are dealing with in this case. In case someone missed my posts from several months ago, someone went into my computer back in May and set up a seperate user account- also a printer. WM and I compared notes and it was the same printer she had show up as installed on her system.
I don't want to sound paranoid; but I think it is possible that those of us active in trying to keep this case alive are being watched. I am putting this out in public in hope that the light of exposure may make whomever may be doing this stuff, whatever the motivation, aware that you're not getting away with anything.

Wow, that's really strange. Just checked my computer, and no new printers. Thank goodness.

Good morning! A computer saavy friend was nice enough to restore my files so I didn't lose anything. Something was knocking off my security. I agree with snick that we should keep one another abreast of such happenings. I don't want to sound paranoid either but it's a darn shame that we have to address it at all.

wm

No. Bob Frank is apparently an investigator with the Nebraska Highway Patrol. These murders took place in Omaha so OPD has jurisdiction.
I sort of wish he were in charge. Maybe we wouldn't be here nearly two years later still wondering if anything is going on.

I wonder if anything will be in the local press about this crime on the second year anniversary.

This is one of those cases that really get to you. I wish I didn't have the nagging feeling that LE has at some higher level decided not to pursue justice in this case, maybe because some institution would be embarassed.

Snick, this is one of those cases that really gets to you. I think justice will be served sooner or later. With the passage of time also comes the passing of the torch to new persons who are in positions of power. Many times when this happens and others no longer feel a personal threat from the previous person who may have been abusing their power, people will begin to open up and talk. That's one thing that is puzzling about this case.....nobody's talking. Nobody is making any public plea to find the perp....no public calls for justice, etc. Nothing other than an occasional polite article with one of the Drs Hunter in OWH. very hush hush........ALL JMO.

wm

No. Bob Frank is apparently an investigator with the Nebraska Highway Patrol. These murders took place in Omaha so OPD has jurisdiction.
I sort of wish he were in charge. Maybe we wouldn't be here nearly two years later still wondering if anything is going on.

I wonder if anything will be in the local press about this crime on the second year anniversary.

This is one of those cases that really get to you. I wish I didn't have the nagging feeling that LE has at some higher level decided not to pursue justice in this case, maybe because some institution would be embarassed.

If this is the case, I don't see how anyone who tried to "sweep this under the rug" by not pursuing justice could ever sleep at night - ever again.

Also, karma is a b*#ch.....

Welcome to the thread Blondie in Spokane! I hope you continue to post with us here.

Ryuzaki, Here's another link for you of a similar crime in MO but it looks like LE thinks the father is responsible. Personally I am not so sure. There sure are alot of stabbing deaths committed by the fathers lately. I guess it just seems that way because I've been researching similar crimes.

Here's the link FWIW.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/01/breaking-developing-mother-and-little.html

wm

Fellow sleuths,

Does anyone here have a DOB, place of birth, and ideally, a time of birth for Shirlee Sherman. Also, if anyone knows her regular work hours and days of the week she worked for the Hunter family, it woud be helpful. I would like to submit to the WS Forensic Astrologers for a chart analysis on her for the day of the murders. Please PM me or post a message to my wall (remember, you must have 50 posts to send a private message, however wall posts are permitted IIRC) if you have specifics. I'll delete the message from my wall immediately upon reading for privacy purposes.

I hope you are all having a nice Saturday like I am. I am a fanatic for college hoops!

wm

Shirlee Sherman, beloved daughter, mother, and grandmother of 5, Shirlee Sherman, gone at age 57. Shirley was a lifetime resident of Omaha who graduated from Central High School in 1968.

DOB is here, she was born in Omaha.

http://www.tributes.com/show/83053003

NameBirthDeathLast ResidenceLast BenefitSSNIssuedToolsOrder
Record? SHIRLEE KAY SHERMAN 07 Apr 1950 13 Mar 2008 (P)(Nebraska)(none specified)506-66-4474NebraskaSS-5 Letter
Add Post-em
Search Ancestry.com

Verified above; conflicting years in Obits ...

NameBirthDeathLast ResidenceLast BenefitSSNIssuedToolsOrder
Record? SHIRLEE KAY SHERMAN 07 Apr 1950 13 Mar 2008 (P)(Nebraska)(none specified)506-66-4474NebraskaSS-5 Letter
Add Post-em
Search Ancestry.com

Verified above; conflicting years in Obits ...

The 1950 year appears correct as that is what shows up on SSA Death index search and they are seldom wrong. Also she would appear to have been born in Omaha.
Once again- if any of Shirlee's family are following this thread your input on the time of her birth will be helpful, many thanks.

Hi everybody. I have awesome news! There is now a separate thread in the Forensic Astrology Forum for the murders of Tom and Shirlee. Check it out...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94556"]FORENSIC ASTROLOGY - OMAHA DOUBLE MURDERS Thomas Hunter Shirlee Sherman 3/13/08 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please remember to thank our incredible WS astrologers!

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member