Once Again

The Ramseys take responsibility for going to sleep as a happy family at holiday time and waking up to a nightmare of reading the first few lines of a ransom note, running to check on their daughter and then immediately calling the police. Seems very mature and responsible behavior to me.
Shall we talk about Officer Donut or Linda Aarndt's behavior?
Shall we talk about the BPD's ranking officers who refuse to admit their incompetence?

The Ramseys also take responsibility for calling friends over, despite the ransom note writer warning them that if they talked to anyone, even a stray dog, JonBenet would be killed. Why were they willing to risk their daughter's life just to be in the company of friends, Toth? MAKES NO SENSE.

The Ramsey's lied to the police starting with the 911 call. The Ramsey's tried to foul the crime scene by hosting the kidnapping brunch. The Ramsey's accused others of murdering JonBenet with no evidence to support their allegations. The Ramsey's capitalized on the tragedy of their daughter's death by writing DOI and allowing Lin Wood to shakedown the media.

Fibers from Patsy's jacket were wound into the garotte and fibers from John's shirt were in the crotch of JonBenet's panties. The Ramsey's are unworthy of your or anyone's support.

Originally posted by Witness2
The Ramsey's lied to the police starting with the 911 call. The Ramsey's tried to foul the crime scene by hosting the kidnapping brunch. The Ramsey's accused others of murdering JonBenet with no evidence to support their allegations. The Ramsey's capitalized on the tragedy of their daughter's death by writing DOI and allowing Lin Wood to shakedown the media.

Fibers from Patsy's jacket were wound into the garotte and fibers from John's shirt were in the crotch of JonBenet's panties. The Ramsey's are unworthy of your or anyone's support.
Kidnapping brunch... lol!

Excellent summary, Witness. :bigthumb:

Originally posted by Witness2

Excellent post, Witness. And I agree with Britt ... "kidnapping brunch" ... that's the most accurate description of what happened I've heard yet.

"More tea, dahlin'?"

"Oh yes, thank you. Is that the same red and black outfit you wore yesterday, Patsy?"

"Why yes, however did you notice?"

"Well hon, I KNOW how you like to wear the same outfit day after day, and I thought I saw you in it last night."

"Oh, well I DID want to make a good impression on Melinda's new beau, so I didn't want to wear anything clean or pressed. You know how it is."

"Yes, I do. And I hope you don't mind me saying this, Patsy dear, but you look like you've been up ALL NIGHT."

My opinion.

Originally posted by Ivy
The Ramseys also take responsibility for calling friends over, despite the ransom note writer warning them that if they talked to anyone, even a stray dog, JonBenet would be killed. Why were they willing to risk their daughter's life just to be in the company of friends, Toth? MAKES NO SENSE.

That makes sense except for the fact that the note also said not to call the police...was that a mistake as well? Every ransom note says not to call someone, but you most certainly will.
If that happned to my daughter, I would certainly call a friend, they wouldn't come inside, but I would need to talk to someone.

Originally posted by Toth
Shall we talk about Officer Donut or Linda Aarndt's behavior?
Shall we talk about the BPD's ranking officers who refuse to admit their incompetence?

No. We're talking about John and Patsy.

"....If that happned to my daughter, I would certainly call a friend, they wouldn't come inside, but I would need to talk to someone."

Nobody took issue with calling the police. I don't think anyone would take too much issue with calling A friend to talk to IF you have a cell phone.

Let me ask you AJT:

Would you call ALL your friends and have them ALL come over?

Originally posted by Cherokee
... "kidnapping brunch" ... that's the most accurate description of what happened I've heard yet.

"More tea, dahlin'?"

"Oh yes, thank you. Is that the same red outfit you wore yesterday, Patsy?"

"Why yes, however did you notice?"

"Well hon, I KNOW how you like to wear the same outfit day after day, and I thought I saw you in it last night."

"Oh, well I DID want to make a good impression on Melinda's new beau, so I didn't want to wear anything clean or pressed. You know how it is."

"Yes, I do. And I hope you don't mind me saying this, Patsy dear, but you look like you've been up ALL NIGHT."
LOL Cherokee :D

Which reminds me... have you read Spade's post of the notes on the events of that morning?

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3781

Question: WHY did John later change his initial story about putting JB to bed? (Was it because when the medical evidence of the prior abuse came out, it shone a big old ugly spotlight on daddy?)

Originally posted by Britt
LOL Cherokee :D

Which reminds me... have you read Spade's post of the notes on the events of that morning?

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3781

Question: WHY did John later change his initial story about putting JB to bed? (Was it because when the medical evidence of the prior abuse came out, it shone a big old ugly spotlight on daddy?)

No, Britt, I hadn't seen it ... thanks so much for posting the link.

Someone who posts at FFJ needs to ask Spade if he will make that same post over here at WS, or let someone copy it in total. People need to see it for themselves.

There are a few new items of note, and of course, John and Patsy changing their stories faster than they can tell them.

John says he put JBR to bed.

Patsy says SHE put JBR to bed.

Patsy says she put JBR to bed in the red top. But the red top is found by the police in a sink. So later, Patsy says she put JBR to bed in the white top JBR was wearing when found.

John says Burke and Patsy went straight to bed after arriving home at 9:00 p.m. He read to JBR, and then put her to bed.

Later, John says he helped Burke play with a Christmas toy after the arrived home and BEFORE Burke went to bed.

My, my, my ... which lie to believe first?

My opinion.

Clever Patsy skit, Cherokee. :p

The Ramseys' lies are as tangled as the intact spider web found outside their basement window.

Regarding Susan Stine's take-charge bossiness, at the party on the 23rd, when police knocked because of an interrupted 911 call, probably from JonBenet although White lied that his mother was in a hospital and that he dialed them by mistake, do we remember that Susan Stine got rid of them w/out even opening the door?

I don't remember what part she played about Judith Philips. That might be another interesting story. Anyone?

So Fleet was jealous of the Stines taking over the R's?

The call was from FW.
The police initially misunderstood JR's comment about reading for about an hour and assumed he meant to JBR, when in fact he meant to himself in his own bedroom.
Nothing was suspicious about the events in the house the 25th except the approach of an unidentified individual describes as JAR-like but who could not in fact have been JAR.

No, I definetely wouldn't call all of my friends. And to be honest, I would not have searched the house even if the detective asked me to to get my mind off things.

The "kidnapping brunch" had to be held. The RN said if anyone was told, JB would be killed, and of course some people knew she already was.

ajt, I can't speak for Fulton, but here's my take on it: The Rs knew JonBenet was already dead and that one of them had killed her. Summoning their friends not only provided a way for the crime scene to be messed up with a lot of people's fibers, hairs and prints, but because the ransom note warned the Ramseys not to talk to anyone, summoning their friends also provided a reason for the nonexistent kidnapper/s, hiding in the basement and monitoring them, to kill JonBenet and then escape through the basement window. I think John later realized no one would buy that scenario, and so he lied and claimed that he himself had broken the window months before, instead of that morning while staging the crime scene.

Originally posted by Ivy
The Rs knew JonBenet was already dead and that one of them had killed her. Summoning their friends not only provided a way for the crime scene to be messed up with a lot of people's fibers, hairs and prints, but because the ransom note warned the Ramseys not to talk to anyone, summoning their friends also provided a reason for the nonexistent kidnapper/s, hiding in the basement and monitoring them, to kill JonBenet and then escape through the basement window. I think John later realized no one would buy that scenario, and so he lied and claimed that he himself had broken the window months before, instead of that morning while staging the crime scene.
Good post, Ivy.

The entourage also provided an available buffer/filter between the Ramseys and the cops.

IMO the purpose of John's claim about the window was to explain any physical evidence that might be found pointing to himself... simultaneously providing access for the 'intruder' and an explanation for why the only potential evidence found belonged to John Ramsey.

Good point about the friends providing a buffer zone and about John's motive, Britt. Along the same lines as John's motive, I think that when Patsy did her Lazurus performance and threw herself on JonBenet's body, she was trying to deposit fibers and hairs on the body in case any were found there during the forensic examination. I guess she didn't realize fibers consistent with her jacket fibers would be found tangled in the neck cord knot and on the strip of mouth tape, which was in the basement at the time of her performance.

Which parent do you guys think did this?

I know you think both of them staged the crime scene, I am just curious as to your idea of who actually committed the crime and what you think the motive was......just wondering...

I think that Burke, without intending to, killed JonBenet, and that John and Patsy covered it up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back