Operation Nativity

dakini said:
New one on me. Very surprised anyone believe's someone would hate the divine embodment of Love and Compassion.
Some people are quite evil.

Dark Knight said:
Excellent post, Sandra!!! You're exactly right, the Nativity would be a reminder to all the Reason for Christmas, and a proper display of our own faith. It isn't a competition or a war like some try to characterize it. It's a reminder of why we have Christmas.

As far as gifts, go, since it's Jesus's birthday, and He received the first gifts, why do WE get gifts??? It isn't OUR birthday! We should give the baby Jesus gifts on Christmas by donating to charities for the less fortunate, instead. "For whatsoever you do for the least of those among you, you also do for Me," Christ said.

I smiled reading this thread today after getting written up for sharing Sword in the Stone and God's Little Angel with one of my customers...

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25018&highlight=sword+stone

I wonder what they'd say to what I've shared here in this forum over the last 3 1/2 years... A Prophet to Islam, Medium in finding info in missing children cases... A psychic able to read the mind of monsters... and of course NostraDumbass giving messages and warnings of what's coming in the future...

I used to have a good handle on life, but it broke... :crazy:

Dark Knight said:
As far as gifts, go, since it's Jesus's birthday, and He received the first gifts, why do WE get gifts??? It isn't OUR birthday! We should give the baby Jesus gifts on Christmas by donating to charities for the less fortunate, instead. "For whatsoever you do for the least of those among you, you also do for Me," Christ said.

Exactly, DK. Somehow, I feel that Jesus would want us Christians to celebrate His birth by focusing on how we can help those least among us rather than becoming indignant about how some retailers choose to greet us during this most joyous season.

Dark Knight said:
We had been doing just fine doing it the old way for the past hundred years or more. Now some Christophobes are trying to pretend it's harmful all of a sudden, even thought everyone had been fine all those many, many years before, apparently.
Henry Ford wrote the following in 1921:
"And it has become pretty general. Last Christmas most people had a hard time finding Christmas cards that indicated in any way that Christmas commemorated Someone's Birth. Easter they will have the same difficulty in finding Easter cards that contain any suggestion that Easter commemorates a certain event. There will be rabbits and eggs and spring flowers, but a hint of the Resurrection will be hard to find. Now, all this begins with the designers of the cards."

We don't just GET gifts, we GIVE to family, friends and others and we celebrate and we eat. The giving was how it all originated I thought. But I think we all feel warmer in our hearts if we can give to some charities or any other good causes; some cookies for the nursing home. Carols

It's a feeling of joy and kindness that should carry over to the rest of the year

Kindness, joy and peace - those actions and desires can permeate even further than the specific religious symbols that we prefer. It is hope also; can we look toward that star?

The Bush Administration, of ALL people, were the first administration to call their tree a Holiday Tree rather than a Christmas Tree. :eek:

Dark Knight said:
The Bush Administration, of ALL people, were the first administration to call their tree a Holiday Tree rather than a Christmas Tree. :eek:

I just can't reply.Although I do like Laura.

I really think we have much more pressing issues to worry about these days than a "war on Christmas". But if there is ever a time that Jesus will come back, I sure hope it is soon.

Marthatex said:
I really think we have much more pressing issues to worry about these days than a "war on Christmas". But if there is ever a time that Jesus will come back, I sure hope it is soon.

I am with you on this. Jesus would be welcoming in any way, shape or form.

You guys crack me up. We all need a little humor, and drink a little wine; bet we could agree more on these issues. Didn't Jesus drink wine at his Last Supper? He was a really great guy, from everything I've read. :angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back