OR OR - David 'Dave' Lewis, 46, Ashland, 4 September 2008

Two killings and arsons on the same day ?

Two killings and arsons on the same day ?

This is from 2009 and we’ve known since the beginning they weren’t killed on the same day. Sloppy reporting.

This is from 2009 and we’ve known since the beginning they weren’t killed on the same day. Sloppy reporting.

What if they were killed on a shorter timeline?

If Troy's phone didn't have connection in the mountains ? That could very well be why he didn't answer.

Like the fires... the first call-out wasn't the first lit ?

Sinister and evil. xxWinters should have made arrests.

imo moo omo

RIP Navalny... another light of goodness has gone out in our world-----

/////

DBM—duplicate post

Last edited:
If Troy's phone didn't have connection in the mountains ? That could very well be why he didn't answer.

The thing is @Sleuth2010, Troy wasn’t sleeping in the mountains. He was sleeping in the Greenway along Interstate 5 in the valley where phone reception is fine. We know he was talking to his Mom in the evening before he was murdered. He seems like he’d be smart enough to keep his phone charged. And besides, the medical examiner would be able to determine the time of his death pretty accurately. So I don’t see a way to come up with a shorter timeline, despite what sloppy reporters have said.

JMO

Any idea how Troy was traveling around in the rogue valley ? He was there for a month or so...
What do his phone records show?

We know a man called David from Fire District5 that night, after 9 pm. Late and odd. David had no cell phone. But was well known by vehicle and recognized in town ( " He was a great guy.")

Howard and Hyatt lakes are available to camp.
And accessible via Conde Creek, D. Indian Road,
Greensprings, some even more remote. It was hot that August and September.

It was still the night David was murdered and the moon was new and very dark. A firefighter told us, if there had been any wind or even breeze, the whole mountain could have burned. It was a huge, horrible housefire. We think started before David's.

It's easy to think Troy wouldn't go from the cool mountains into the Central Point heat, even Ashland Greenway would have been cooler?

We think they were killed closer timeline than days apart.

JMO OMO JMO

/////

Jackson County Oregon Fire District 5
responded to Dave's house-fire...
supposedly someone phoned him, from the fire station, a few hours before the call-out.

The same xxsheriff Michael S. Winters, now is on the board of directors for the fire station.

Quite the row going on...

Certainly ALL BOARD meetings should be recorded. After Dave was murdered, a long time resident wrote: " Jackson County corruption runs to the bone."

Still, eternally thankful to the brave responders...

Love ya, Sleuth!

Can you explain to me what the moon, or the location of the moon, or what DL’s tattoo of a wolf (and the moon?) has to do with his murder?

Are you suggesting that the Sheriff was:
a.) taking money from a Mexican cartel?
b.) taking money from a non-Mexican cartel?
c.) taking money from a sex offender who DL had at one time punched?
d.) taking money from somebody who murdered Troy Carney?
e.) taking money from HL/BMcN either because:
- HL/BMcN killed DL, or?
- because HL/BMcN was trying to buy a
horse corral?, or
- because HL/BMcN was trying to buy
DL’s property,? or
- because HL/BMcN was trying to buy
Lindsay(sp) Ranch?
f.) taking money from an arsonist?
g.) none of the above
h.) all of the above

Do you think that a firewood delivery had anything to do with Dave’s murder?

Do you think that a Wolverine mask was used in the commission of Dave’s murder?

Why do you think the murder of DL is connected to the murder of TDC? (Pls remember that DL was killed at least one, and possibly two, days after TDC was killed)

Do you think LW was involved in DL’s murder? (If so, please explain)

Do you think the same person who killed Troy on 9/2 killed Dave on 9/3-9/4? If so, why do you think the murders didn’t happen on the same night? <modsnip: snipped at member request to avoid confusion>

Do you think the same person who set the fires on DIMR and BCG early on 9/4 also set the BCG fire on 9/13? If so, why do you think they set the fires 9 days apart?

Can you be more specific about the saying(s) that grandma said / says which moght help LE and those reading this thread figure out who killed Dave?

All jmo, and thanks in advance

Thanks.

We don't know if they were killed on the same night. Possibly.

No confusion though--- just ready for answers.

jmo moo omo

/////

Thanks.

We don't know if they were killed on the same night. Possibly.

No confusion though--- just ready for answers.

jmo moo omo

/////
Sleuth, what do you mean “no confusion”? There may be confusion in some of your posts..

But there is no confusion re: the timing of TDC’s death. TDC was murdered early am 9/2; DL on 9/4. TDC’s mother Linda, a VI on his thread, has confirmed this. She says gunshots were heard. I believe LE provided that info to her. TDC also stopped answering his phone about this time, something she said he never did when she called him in nearly every morning.

The confusion stems from derivative news accounts taken from that one lousy and inaccurate “staff” article which desperately tries to connect the crimes absent any real facts and without quoting a single LE. Derivative news reporting took “found dead in his sleeping bag on 9/4” to mean “TDC was shot in the head on 9/4”. Two different things. Theres some confusion for you.

TDC was wearing the same clothes he was seen wearing in the truck stop video parking lot earlier that evening. The ballistics don’t match. The crimes occurred 25-30 miles apart. The fire at Bear Creek occurred 9 days after TDC was found.

Why would anybody in their right mind think the Bear Creek fire was set to destroy evidence? If it was set to destroy evidence , don’t you think it would have been set on the 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th or 9th (you get the gist, not a week and a half later) - before LE could come back and find the supposed evidence?

And what do you mean “just ready for answers”. I almost swallowed my gum! You’re the one with the answers! As a VI, you have been asked question after question after question, and your response over and over and over has been to deflect, to speak in riddles and rhymes, riddles, to (mis) quote granny sayings, to offer up accusations of LE racism within their office organization, to a wolf howling at the moon, to suggesting that love always wins, and to overlayi snippets of multiple theories (such as HL, a horse corral, a crooked sheriff, a firewood delivery, a suggestion that TDC’s mother and / or DL’s sister planted red herrings and rabbit holes all over Ashland to confound LE, and more) - all on top of one another, all at the same time - something that imo not only doesn’t provide answers, but it creates confusion. These are the two very things you state above that are so important to you. No offense, but your most recent post is just more of the same

Who knows, if you answer many of the questions that have been posed to you, and offer up some facts )facts only) of your own, it might help to solve the case.

Aa jmo

Sleuth, what do you mean “no confusion”? There may be confusion in some of your posts..

But there is no confusion re: the timing of TDC’s death. TDC was murdered early am 9/2; DL on 9/4. TDC’s mother Linda, a VI on his thread, has confirmed this. She says gunshots were heard. I believe LE provided that info to her. TDC also stopped answering his phone about this time, something she said he never did when she called him in nearly every morning.

The confusion stems from derivative news accounts taken from that one lousy and inaccurate “staff” article which desperately tries to connect the crimes absent any real facts and without quoting a single LE. Derivative news reporting took “found dead in his sleeping bag on 9/4” to mean “TDC was shot in the head on 9/4”. Two different things. Theres some confusion for you.

TDC was wearing the same clothes he was seen wearing in the truck stop video parking lot earlier that evening. The ballistics don’t match. The crimes occurred 25-30 miles apart. The fire at Bear Creek occurred 9 days after TDC was found.

Why would anybody in their right mind think the Bear Creek fire was set to destroy evidence? If it was set to destroy evidence , don’t you think it would have been set on the 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th or 9th (you get the gist, not a week and a half later) - before LE could come back and find the supposed evidence?

And what do you mean “just ready for answers”. I almost swallowed my gum! You’re the one with the answers! As a VI, you have been asked question after question after question, and your response over and over and over has been to deflect, to speak in riddles and rhymes, riddles, to (mis) quote granny sayings, to offer up accusations of LE racism within their office organization, to a wolf howling at the moon, to suggesting that love always wins, and to overlayi snippets of multiple theories (such as HL, a horse corral, a crooked sheriff, a firewood delivery, a suggestion that TDC’s mother and / or DL’s sister planted red herrings and rabbit holes all over Ashland to confound LE, and more) - all on top of one another, all at the same time - something that imo not only doesn’t provide answers, but it creates confusion. These are the two very things you state above that are so important to you. No offense, but your most recent post is just more of the same

Who knows, if you answer many of the questions that have been posed to you, and offer up some facts )facts only) of your own, it might help to solve the case.

Aa jmo

Maybe following the threads since the beginning would help ? Some things are deleted.
Some facts surface and become new.

Dave lived for 25 years in that cabin. 30 years+ in Oregon. Troy was new ? to the area ?
Has anyone confirmed anything or helped with a list of facts ? Besides the reporters ?
What do the cell phones say ? The travel records? How wasTroy traveling the month or so? in Southern Oregon???

We don't know if Dave was murdered on 9/3 or 9/4/2008

Accusations of racism ??? Do you mean Sheriff Cory Falls ? Google that info., it is insidious to Jackson County ( and yes true law enforcement is rooting it out: Cental Point, truth about State Troopers ( sad) again blights. We have truly good, honorable, decent, well educated officers and their families! They aren't ruled thru " fear and intimidation." They aren't picking on the old, handicap, mental, or infirm. Please read about what Southern Oregon is dealing with. Commissioners and " County Admin," another row. Fire Dept., another. )

I'm curious how you say the ballistics don't match ? And why you stated it was a 9 ?

"Do you think the same person who killed Troy on 9/2 killed Dave on 9/3-9/4? If so, why do you think the murders didn’t happen on the same night? <modsnip: snipped at member request to avoid confusion>

All of us are trying to have accurate arrests made, including those who were accessory-after-the-fact. That is the detectives and new cold case law enforcement on So. Oregon cases
jobs.

Why do you state the ballistics don't match?

jmo moo omo

/////

What if the Keno Cabin fire was set after Dave was killed ? He was already murdered, as was Troy, but the deaths very close in timeline?

We can unequivocally say Dave's website, had nothing to do with these murders. Not as a distraction or crazy... or redherring nonsense. Why couldn't Dave's website morph into a justice website? Children were being harmed and molested in the town. Internet was being hacked. There were unlawful actions being taken in the state. Many were thankful they had a place to reach-out and tell their truths. Speaking truth for victims. A good thing.

For Dave, a hired killer and/or local men ? We think more than one. We think firefighters saw and heard information... were they ever interviewed?

Posts of Mrs.Lewis' death / suicide, ws here, was uncalled for and in veryvpoor style. Dave's mom, loved her son, extremely, and didn't like what had happened in his own personal life, with who his children were being raised by. (Neither by mother or step parent.) Both Dave's parents were very outspoken about this bad situation ( but, that's what happened) and supported his court effort to gain custody. And to clear any negative concepts of Dave, because he (stupidly) grew pot, on Federal land, which he forever regretted. As the local in town said,
" He was a great guy." David Lewis was a good man. His family misses him terribly. He was an Irish ☘️ twin.

It is unfortunate that more information isn't being shared about why Troy was in town... that would clearly have impact and vigor on solving these horrible crimes.

We are all-for circumstantial evidence to be gathered and killers ( and the people in their orbit who covered up) to be prosecuted.

Dave lived peacefully for nearly 25 years... and then was murdered and body burned!!!

Unfathomable !!! Sickening! Killers are free and we honestly believe " locals" have information and knowledge.

The FBI are here for David Grubbs' cold case.

Please: Hope and pray ( and work ) towards arrests in Dave and Troy Carney's murder.

TY @Lilibet

imo moo omo
Sleuth, I see no reason why, as you suggest, “Dave’s website can’t be morphed into a more generic Justice website”, though I don’t think that will help solve Dave’s murder.

I must admit though I am not aware of any DL website other than the ones that have been referenced and linked to here on Dave’s WS thread. I’m not sure I know what you mean by “website”.

If you mean WS, I definitely don’t think that turning Dave’s thread here into a “generic justice thread” is the best way to keep the focus on finding who murdered Dave. I think it will just dilute and confuse things, but that’s jmo

In fact, maybe part of my confusion over several of your past posts has been due to possible attempts by you do to just that: “seek justice for generic causes” other than Dave’s murder. Actually, that might explain a lot.

Jmo

Maybe following the threads since the beginning would help ? Some things are deleted.
Some facts surface and become new.

Dave lived for 25 years in that cabin. 30 years+ in Oregon. Troy was new ? to the area ?
Has anyone confirmed anything or helped with a list of facts ? Besides the reporters ?
What do the cell phones say ? The travel records? How wasTroy traveling the month or so? in Southern Oregon???

We don't know if Dave was murdered on 9/3 or 9/4/2008

Accusations of racism ??? Do you mean Sheriff Cory Falls ? Google that info., it is insidious to Jackson County ( and yes true law enforcement is rooting it out: Cental Point, truth about State Troopers ( sad) again blights. We have truly good, honorable, decent, well educated officers and their families! They aren't ruled thru " fear and intimidation." They aren't picking on the old, handicap, mental, or infirm. Please read about what Southern Oregon is dealing with. Commissioners and " County Admin," another row. Fire Dept., another. )

I'm curious how you say the ballistics don't match ? And why you stated it was a 9 ?

"Do you think the same person who killed Troy on 9/2 killed Dave on 9/3-9/4? If so, why do you think the murders didn’t happen on the same night? <modsnip: snipped at member request to avoid confusion>

All of us are trying to have accurate arrests made, including those who were accessory-after-the-fact. That is the detectives and new cold case law enforcement on So. Oregon cases
jobs.

Why do you state the ballistics don't match?

jmo moo omo

/////
Although I feel certain I read it somewhere, at this time I cannot find a linkable source for my statement that the weapon used in both DL’s and TDC’s murders was a 9mm. It may have been something I read while researching Garren Beller’s disappearance in Nov. ‘09 - but I can’t find it in his thread either. Perhaps it was not on WS. I apologize to all for not providing a link to begin with.

LE has stated however that “The bullet that killed Mr. Carney and the one that killed Mr. Lewis are similar, but the ballistics don’t match.”

To me, this statement means three things: 1.) LE found either bullets or casings or both at respective crime scenes, 2.) the caliber of weapon (size of cartridge/bullet) was likely the same, and that 3.) the “type” of weapon (if handgun, which I think is most likely) was probably the same (by this I mean semi-auto vs. revolver - as a revolver would not eject casings).

All jmo

I assume you’ve numbered your answers in the order @Rush4087 listed them. You’ve omitted answers to these questions:

I realize you don’t have to answer any questions, but your previous statements and these questions make me wonder if you were at this meeting or have received information directly from someone at the meeting. If the latter, why would they give you this information? You’ve used it to sow suspicion about these people, so it seems to me they would have known it could implicate them in a family member’s eyes.

JMO

Dave was killed closer time-line than originally thought. I don't know if on 9/3/2008.

Troy's family has answers to many of the questions here, that Dave's family doesn't. It took a lot of research and investigators to find the link to neighbors.

There was a meeting at the Lindsey Ranch. McN and Plnte' were sick wanting it, already in bankruptcy in WA state, over the " Park Model RVs" Had they not moved to the area, we think Dave would be alive. Many people in the community told of bad experiences and violent tempers ( including former cooks who know about the daily in & outs of the "resort")
Karma was everywhere and too many people were harmed. They are just facts people spoke of.

9/3/2008 Dave was in town. Went to Howard Lake that night and ate. Last meal.

We don't know if he was at the meeting ( near the Keno cabin 1st call out # 18196) or spied there. His x gf MW lived a mile below Dave's and was questioned. She also hung-out with the firewood guy ( he tried to cleanup Dave's after the burn and took his dingy)

Police know all this. D.A. could make charges, which we hope will happen.

The RV Times is only free if you register. I listened to the article (23 seconds) and it has nothing to do with Beth Heckert and nothing to do with Dave’s murder, even remotely.

JMO
There is an entire involvement of DA Heckert.
Reg is free.

Although I feel certain I read it somewhere, at this time I cannot find a linkable source for my statement that the weapon used in both DL’s and TDC’s murders was a 9mm. It may have been something I read while researching Garren Beller’s disappearance in Nov. ‘09 - but I can’t find it in his thread either. Perhaps it was not on WS. I apologize to all for not providing a link to begin with.

LE has stated however that “The bullet that killed Mr. Carney and the one that killed Mr. Lewis are similar, but the ballistics don’t match.”

To me, this statement means three things: 1.) LE found either bullets or casings or both at respective crime scenes, 2.) the caliber of weapon (size of cartridge/bullet) was likely the same, and that 3.) the “type” of weapon (if handgun, which I think is most likely) was probably the same (by this I mean semi-auto vs. revolver - as a revolver would not eject casings).

All jmo

It would be helpful to WS , if you could explain why you think a 9 mm killed Dave and Troy.

Also, do you say the detectives are / or are not telling the facts of a matching calibre ?

Just trying to understand what you think ?

That Dave snd Troy both were murdered within a
24 to 48 hour time period ( possibly 72 hrs) and in such a small area, is likely not related. Is that what you are saying ?

Twice now you've said 9mm. We are all just trying to find the killer(s) ? or those who helped them.

Thanks in advance.

JMO OMO MOO

/////

Sleuth, I see no reason why, as you suggest, “Dave’s website can’t be morphed into a more generic Justice website”, though I don’t think that will help solve Dave’s murder.

I must admit though I am not aware of any DL website other than the ones that have been referenced and linked to here on Dave’s WS thread. I’m not sure I know what you mean by “website”.

If you mean WS, I definitely don’t think that turning Dave’s thread here into a “generic justice thread” is the best way to keep the focus on finding who murdered Dave. I think it will just dilute and confuse things, but that’s jmo

In fact, maybe part of my confusion over several of your past posts has been due to possible attempts by you do to just that: “seek justice for generic causes” other than Dave’s murder. Actually, that might explain a lot.

Jmo
There was a man, who was known on the mtn. as a pyro, since childhood, he somehow rationalizes his actions. We believe he should be polygraphed. ( sidebar: He called police after another arson fire where he, " got stuck in the driveway, but was only there because he saw the smoke." Dave was alive then and said plenty about that, calling it a lie."
JW or JS and family ( his mother TW / TS) had previously lived in the first callout, cabin arson, # 18196. Keno Access road to then-sheriff's land.

J. was a "friend" of Dave's sons. But, age difference was never appropriate and Dave never wanted him around his boys. Or influencing them.

JW / JS... depending on who father was / wasn't. K.S. also left town, to go back east, about the time of the murder, of Dave.

People came to Dave's " fake memorial" which was a horrible keg on the grave picnic. People Dave was very clear they were not to be on his property:registered sex offender of children.

The goal, detectives now on the case, said to clock what was going on in Dave's life, that summer 2008.

How Troy Carney puzzles into this, we don't know. His family suffers from his murder too.

/////
imo moo omo

All jmo
IMO JMO

We think the ballistics do match. That Troy and Dave were killed, closer timeline than originally reported.
There was a man fitting Troy's description, on the mountain weeks before the murders.
Hyatt Lake " RV Park Model " Wherein cabins were permanently installed, in a campground, as RV ( complete with violations, which the
" county" looked-the-otherway.

Dave was aware of many law breakers and their money schemes. Oddly, that has been overlooked, as well. " Millions of Dollars Down the Drain." One excellent investigator said,
" 20 million reasons to kill David."

20 years cold case, is only 4 years away. 2008.
No reports, medical examiner file, or information has been released.

WHY ?
///////
IMO MOO

Justice 4 Dave Lewis.

So, in the spirit of “posting what we know,” I’m reposting what I posted in response to a request by @Sleuth2010 for my point of view.
Can we add facts we know to this list, questions the facts bring to mind and the conclusions we can draw from these facts?

—Dave ran errands in town that day. (Who did he see? Any altercations? Was he expecting company?)
—There is a locked gate at the bottom of his rutted driveway. (Did his killer walk in? Was his gate locked or unlocked when firefighters arrived?)
—His body was found in a bedroom. (Was he in bed? asleep? Is that where an argument took place?)
—He was shot in the head. (Did he see it coming or not?)
—It’s likely Dave did not own a gun because of his felony conviction.
—He had smoke in his lungs, so he was alive when the fire started.
—Another fire was started later about 6 miles up the road, but reported first. (Was there evidence in that cabin?)
There’s probably more that I know, but that’s all that comes to mind right now.

With those facts in mind, here are my vague thoughts that are all over the place…
—His murder or the confrontation that led to his murder was planned. This was not random.
—Dave knew his killer and his killer was familiar with Dave’s place.
—It’s possible Dave expected this person and it was a friendly visit that turned ugly.
—If the visitor wasn’t expected they had the ability to approach stealthily, on foot, at a time Dave was likely to be asleep.
—For the killer to start the second fire 6 miles away, they had to have had a vehicle and fuel for the fire, or an accomplice.
—If the killer took a vehicle to Dave’s place, they were expected, in order for the gate to be unlocked. Otherwise, they left it on DIMR nearby and walked in.
—The motive could have been to silence him, get revenge or to steal something of value.
This is all good information to know.

What about the smoke in the lungs info tho ?

Thank you so much

/////
imo moo

Dave argued with the nasty " owners" about this:

" McNeely contends he is operating an RV resort. We contend he has built a planned unit development (subdivision) on land that is zoned Forest Resource and has been historically permitted as a seasonal campground only. Rubenstein agrees with our assessment.

We are extremely concerned about potential fire and propane explosions. Each cabin that McNeely has built has an attached 120-gallon propane tank, with no setbacks as required for a house. The cabins are as close together as 7 feet, and surrounded by extensive wooden decks and wooden skirting.

A fire expert who testified at the hearing noted, “This density exceeds the setbacks that are required even under a municipal code where the inhabitants have fire hydrants and city fire departments that respond in under five minutes. This resort has no means of suppression for a full structure fire, let alone multiple structures that would surely follow.”

Rubenstein determined there was “no doubt that the risk of fire from the park model development significantly increases the risk of fire both within and beyond the resort.”

/////
Remove all these " RV" for justice and safety.

IMO MOO OMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back