GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

I didn't watch the presser, so does anyone happen to know the answer to the following:
1) Where is the father/ex-husband?
2) Is he cooperating with police or is he MIA as well?
3) Is the 13 year old stable enough to talk? If so, she may be able to provide answers to LE.

1) The officer speaking at the pc said he thought the husband was currently talking to LE in Washington.
2) he isn't MIA, and presumably is cooperating, but that was not definitively answered.
3) the child was able to identify her mother as Jennifer Smith and that other than that they only worked on stabilizing her for transfer to Portland.

There are a few horrid possible scenarios that spring to mind:

-Mom flees town w/kids, to escape ex. He finds them and assaults kids and kidnaps, kills wife. [ might be far-fetched, if he is currently cooperating.]
-Mom flees town w/kids, and snaps and harms them herself. [ hope not]
-Mom flees town w/kids, and a boyfriend/stalker/stranger follows them...[ ugh]
Any more ideas?

Maybe mom accidentally harms baby, and runs off, and 13 yr old is so distraught, they cut their own wrists?

#3 sounds reasonable to me.

#3 sounds reasonable to me.

Yep.

Mom flees town w/kids, and a boyfriend/stalker/stranger follows them...[ ugh]

It is a possibility. I hope that poor sweet 13 yr old recovers and is able to send LE in the right direction, soon.

I am wondering about that too, but where is mom?

Like maybe baby accidentally drowned because the 13 yr old got distracted, and left water in the tub, and is so distraught that she slits her wrists? But where is Mom?

It's only 8pm on the West Coast. Maybe she went someplace for the day and hasn't returned yet. Or maybe I'm in total denial and can't fathom the obvious answer.

It's only 8pm on the West Coast. Maybe she went someplace for the day and hasn't returned yet. Or maybe I'm in total denial and can't fathom the obvious answer.

But why would you go someplace for the day and leave a 13 yr old in a hotel room with a 2 yr old all day, and not check in with them? Can she not see or hear the news wherever she is?

Any sign of struggle in room? If more than one adult was present, there would be signs Imo.

Hoping for an update on the 13 yo girl.

Praying she makes it. Thank goodness the maid came when she did.

Hoping for an update on the 13 yo girl.

Praying she makes it. Thank goodness the maid came when she did.

That poor woman that discovered the scene! Thank goodness she did, but my goodness my heart goes out to her too.

@BobHeye: Cannon Beach police chief says oregon State Police stopped Greg Smith - dad of baby found dead in Cannon Beach - on highway #liveonk2

Just saw this on twitter.

@BobHeye: Cannon Beach police chief says oregon State Police stopped Greg Smith - dad of baby found dead in Cannon Beach - on highway #liveonk2

Interesting how this is worded. "Dad of baby found dead". Is he also the father of the injured 13 yo girl?

Wonder which highway?

Hmmm :waitasec: During the presser they stated they had already been in contact with him.

I would assume he was at or on the way to the hospital to check on his 13 yo daughter who was stabbed.

Odd.

Hmmm :waitasec: During the presser they stated they had already been in contact with him.

I would assume he was at or on the way to the hospital to check on his 13 yo daughter who was stabbed.

Odd.

I may have missed it. Was it previously stated that both the girls had the same father?

Ok so we Hv a recent filing for divorce, and a restraining order. Even if DH alibi checks out, maybe he hired a hitman. Poss discord, maybe didn't want to pay child support. Two three major red flags here.
1) mom files RO against DAD
2) mom is possible suspect or victim of murder
3) father not on scene unknown alibi.
4) mom possible victim of husb as well as the children

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads