OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we all believed in the same things, the world would be a boring place.... (((Hugs to yawl!)))

I'm going to go out on a limb and say what I observed.

For the Mods: If this is offensive or goes over the line, please delete it. I don't mean it as pointing fingers, just what I observed.

I don't know if Terri has anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. So far I've been supportive of her and not suspected her, but seeing her at the presser did raise questions for me.

First, who knows what normal is in a situation like this. But that being said, I felt that the way she was leaning on her husband, looking up at him etc was very "Comfort ME. Make ME feel better. Feel sorry for ME."

She wasn't crying. She was trying to look sad, but she didn't actually seem sad. She didn't seem genuine.

So, saying that, she might have been scared and not known how to act with the world watching her. God knows that would be terrifying. I just felt as though Kyron's bio mom seemed to behave like we would expect-real tears, trying her best to keep it together, almost like she could collapse in a heap right there on the floor.

Again-if I was offensive or stepped over the line, I apologize.
I am anxious to watch the video later and see all that. She must have telegraphed quite a bit to achieve the "comfort me" and "I am not genuine" look. I am not even sure what that looks like!
JMHO of course.

Kyron's mom Desiree didn't reach back out to Terri in the press conference when Terri reached towards her to comfort her while the step dad talked. I do see that there were all of Kyron's parents there, but the body language of Desiree towards Terri spoke a lot to me. I feel it conflicted with what the officer said about them being united. :( I am sure there have been past conflicts between the 2 parenting families. Step/Blended parenting is HARD. It just really stuck out to me that she didn't reach back and she kept her hands clasped in front of her. Regardless, I do applaude Terri for reaching towards Desiree. That is a hard position to be in and she reached towards her. Who knows what any of my observation means. Just wanted to say what I saw and stood out.

I cried during the whole press conference. Kyron you have captured our hearts. I am praying for your return and for your family members and friends that love you!!! Also for the searches and LE who are digging through so much information!

So, was she incorrect that they had been together seven or eight years also? Does anyone know?

No we do not know that they haven't. We have an interview where she states this and also says Terri has raised Kyron from infancy. He is 7. Kaine and Desiree didn't divorce until 2003. 7 years ago. My guess is the split happened while she was pregnant. Terri and Kaine may or may not have been together when he was born but shortly after for sure. Terri's mother thought they had been married long per her statement but my mom has no clue how long I have actually been officially married either. She knows we have been together because we have a son born within a year. But not how long it's been legal

SO the bio mom has other kids as well? With Kyron's bio dad? From a previous relationship?

I believe an older son,with a last name of what used to be hers,not maiden name.He is on most of thier lists and in photos.I guess I can say that,if not I'll delete.It seemed to me all the kids got to see each other and they all kept contact as like one big family.

New to posting here, but have been lurking off and on since the Robert Manwill case. So hello! I just had a thought, and it may or may not have already been covered. You people move fast and it's hard for me to keep up sometimes!

LE is telling everyone repeatedly to be on the lookout for clues while out recreating this weekend, and are currently searching Sauvie Island, which is a pretty popular recreation spot in the warmer months, if I'm not mistaken. This just leads me to believe that they know something in particular about that area. Something in my gut tells me that they have a very serous lead that took them there. That's all I have for now, back to work and refreshing the page :)

Bringing this forward from the previous thread:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96172734.html

The reason I am hoping for this lead to mean something is that for an older man who might have a limited income, staying at a Motel 6 and shopping at Walmart might make sense. Where else might he go? Same types of places further south on I-5?

actually i was quite supportive at first also feeling like the "judgements" and "condemnations" all over the internet were unfounded and probably tainted by such recent cases as caylee, haleigh and most notably, ethan, particularly given the physical similarities between ethan and kyron. then i watched the family statements and felt terribly uncomfortable. i did not think any of the other behaviors were odd in any way, even the fb stuff and the gym as i felt comfortable thinking that they might just need some sort of relief/break given that the families hands are pretty well tied and having to leave the entire thing in the hands of police etc. but something in that short little presser or whatever you want to call it sent my hinky meter flying and now i just don't know what to think about sm. i pray i am just being overly sensitive or something.

Can someone tell me where searches are going on today so I can add them to the map? Thanks in advance.

I must say that you are doing a great job with the map! I also appreciate the work you've done on Venus's thread.

I see four heartbroken, frightened parents trying to support and comfort each other, and to maintain a united front regardless of their interpersonal relationships. I take my hat off to them for their efforts. Blessings to this family and the extended family and friends.

I am praying for you Kyron.

For the Mods: If this is offensive or goes over the line, please delete it. I don't mean it as pointing fingers, just what I observed.

I don't know if Terri has anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. So far I've been supportive of her and not suspected her, but seeing her at the presser did raise questions for me.

First, who knows what normal is in a situation like this. But that being said, I felt that the way she was leaning on her husband, looking up at him etc was very "Comfort ME. Make ME feel better. Feel sorry for ME."

She wasn't crying. She was trying to look sad, but she didn't actually seem sad. She didn't seem genuine.

So, saying that, she might have been scared and not known how to act with the world watching her. God knows that would be terrifying. I just felt as though Kyron's bio mom seemed to behave like we would expect-real tears, trying her best to keep it together, almost like she could collapse in a heap right there on the floor.

not offensive but ...can she been in shock? I know we all handle things different for example when I lost my dad (my best friend) inside i was dying, but on the outside I was the strong one I comforted everyone else, and took care of all the things that needed to be taken care of so my sister,brother and mother wouldnt have to.
People did ask what was wrong with me why I wasnt upset ect. They just didn't know I was dying inside.

I think I can say something we all agree on... that picture of Kyron standing next to his school project? He had the best one I could see..... A++ :)

Did we watch the same press conference?

the thing I love best about websleuths is all the different views. It really helps give new ways to look at a situation and even to re-think my own opinions.

actually i was quite supportive at first also feeling like the "judgements" and "condemnations" all over the internet were unfounded and probably tainted by such recent cases as caylee, haleigh and most notably, ethan, particularly given the physical similarities between ethan and kyron. then i watched the family statements and felt terribly uncomfortable. i did not think any of the other behaviors were odd in any way, even the fb stuff and the gym as i felt comfortable thinking that they might just need some sort of relief/break given that the families hands are pretty well tied and having to leave the entire thing in the hands of police etc. but something in that short little presser or whatever you want to call it sent my hinky meter flying and now i just don't know what to think about sm. i pray i am just being overly sensitive or something.

Yeah me as well. I feel like there have been so many cases where the mother killed the child lately and claimed innocence-Caylee and Ethan (and yes, Ethan looks so much like Kyron!) that I was trying to not jump to that conclusion.
I'm not going to say any of them are involved, but my meter went off as well.

not offensive but ...can she been in shock? I know we all handle things different for example when I lost my dad (my best friend) inside i was dying, but on the outside I was the strong one I comforted everyone else, and took care of all the things that needed to be taken care of so my sister,brother and mother wouldnt have to.
People did ask what was wrong with me why I wasnt upset ect. They just didn't know I was dying inside.

Yes definitely! Especially since she was the last to see him, she could be feeling guilt. And I could be reading it completely wrong-absolutely. And I hope that is the case.

Originally Posted by raeann
I am sure that it has been stated that the older son is living with HER (Terri's) parents and the explanation was that it is near HIS OWN father's home and on a farm where he is able to keep his horse that he is training. That being said, we are not supposed to discuss him as he is a juvenile, so I will leave it at that brief explanation.

jmoo

BBM:

I brought this over from the other thread and didn't know how to quote it.. anyway,

IRRC. Kyrons dad stated he wanted a certain horse ranch searched...I can not find the link.
I am wonder if this is the ranch he wanted searched?

Also, if the family suspects that Kyron is with "someone" in the family, the case would not be called an abduction, it would be an isolated incident, the community children would not be at risk and that is EXACTLY what the LE is saying.....the case would just be called "missing" as the LE are calling it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betthicus