OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? :waitasec:

I'm a bit confused by your post ... can you clarify?

I can't directly quote her facebook... but it's Saturday, late at night and has 12 comments to it. http://www.facebook.com/terri.horman?ref=search#!/terri.horman?v=wall&ref=search

But she said that her daughter was getting plenty of hugs both online and in person... that her daughter kept going into Kyron's room, climbing on his bed and reading his books. She referred to her daughter only as "Kitty."

Many people have taken this literally and think she is referring to a cat. On here, that's understandable. Media should do a tiny bit more research before saying that "a family pet is also missing young Kyron."

It did humor me though... and there is very little humor in this situation. So I was appreciative. :)

It's hard to explain since we're not allowed to mention the name of minors. Suffice it to say that the name of a child in the home could be confused with a reference to a cat, and at least one poster here (guess who :blushing:) thought that the stepmom had posted that the cat was on Kyron's bed reading a book. Apparently the reporter made the same mistake.

Kitty is NOT baby K's name. In fact that is the only time I've seen her referred to that way. Which is why it took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about... :waitasec:

I'm tellin ya, I've got a PhD in Hormanology. I've read her FB back to the beginning several times, and that stuck out to me... the REDSQRL thing. It's buried waaaaaay back in her FB, but she got a red Mustang, and that's the personalized license plate on the car.

Good job,I can google that nic for anymore comments anywhere,if that's what she uses.Not that it would come up with anything,but just to keep me busy.I'm ticked at this whole thing and how people just don't think more safety with kids,even today with all these children abducted.I don't get it.

Kitty is NOT baby K's name. In fact that is the only time I've seen her referred to that way. Which is why it took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about... :waitasec:

Maybe it was the cat after all.

I can't even explain WHY that comment got such a reaction out of me.

Probably because if it WAS her... she took the time to defend HERSELF...actually said something... but not to thank the people searching for her kid. Or to ask people to keep looking. Or to express her love for him, how she misses him. Or to clarify the mistakes in the media.

Just felt the need to defend herself. :furious:

I want to believe she is at home crying and wondering if Kyron is cold, hungry or scared... I have to agree though that because of the plate number (which I believe was in a picture on her facebook if I remember correctly) it looks like it is her... but I am going to hope it is not...because that really, really REALLY made me angry. :banghead:
I really wouldn't worry too much about that one comment. She is under a ton of stress right now and if you read the comments she's made on her Facebook wall there are many along the lines of what you expect from her.

I'm tellin ya, I've got a PhD in Hormanology. I've read her FB back to the beginning several times, and that stuck out to me... the REDSQRL thing. It's buried waaaaaay back in her FB, but she got a red Mustang, and that's the personalized license plate on the car.

Here is a link giving the description and behavior of a red squirrel, interesting reading.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Red_Squirrel[/ame]

I'm wondering if the boy in the family photos and in science pics was accounted for at 8:45 in class.The grandmother or family friend said he wouldn't go out by himself,but if another child he knew wanted him to go he would.Maybe to look for tree frogs.Could he have went out with another child and the child went back in the school,and left Kyron,he got lost in the woods.Look how long it took to find Nadia and Zoey,they weren't that far away,but all the overheads and searchers couldn't find them right off.Probably not the scenario,but better than what it might be.

I see no mention of a cat... or pictures of one... and it was in response to people asking about baby K... so I think it's pretty safe to assume she was talking about baby K. At first I thought it might have been her husband posting about HER... it was the wording of "climbing" that clued me into it being a non adult. And the books clued me into it being a human. (It was like 3am at the time...)

But you know what they say about assuming...but if they have a cat that reads books, I want to see. That's right up there with my dog that sang to Law and Order. :waitasec:

I am sorry if I offend anyone here but I am really suspicious of the step mum.....

It is for a number of reasons.....

The first one is that comment on the news article re the appointment.....now once again we know that this is merely a comment...so a rumor but the police would not confirm this......

This means (if this person knows more than we know) that the step mum told the teacher that Kyron had an appointment......why do this????? She then apparently emailed the teacher (I think) and said the appointment was for a later date....

They are saying that a student saw Kyron waiting at the southern entrance later that morning......what if stepmum said I'll get the car and meet you there or they actually just planned for her to pick him up from this entrance....

Maybe something then happened on the way to the appointment......or god please no, she planned for something to happen....

Once again this is just based on that comment and a few inconsistencies with her story and timings......oh and if it is her...the fact that she is trying to defend her actions on forums....

If this comment is a rumor then I still think if he was at the entrance he was meeting someone or going to someone......

All very scary...

We do know the highest percentage of missing children are runaway's that do end up safe and back home and children abducted by family.

I don't think the FBI Profiler would have been flown out from Quantico if they had a bead on the SM. I think here we might be dealing with that very small percentage of children who might know the person who has taken them, even if in an incidental way. IMO

I bet within hours that profile of the unsub and the profile of Kyron himself will be developed. Whether they give that to the public or not will depend on what this profile tells them about the unsub. I was surprised tonight they announced the new FBI involvement as they don't always do that. And the CARD or FBI spokesman for the profiler explained how they will figure out everything about Kyle too, what he likes to do, how he reacts to situations, outgoing or shy and in what type of situations, etc. {The FBI always profiles both the unsub and the victim}. They have done this for a reason in giving it to the public which must be to get a certain reaction from the unsub or send him a message to maybe illicit an action of some sort from him.

At least that is how it goes on Criminal Minds. xox

I see no mention of a cat... or pictures of one... and it was in response to people asking about baby K... so I think it's pretty safe to assume she was talking about baby K. At first I thought it might have been her husband posting about HER... it was the wording of "climbing" that clued me into it being a non adult. And the books clued me into it being a human. (It was like 3am at the time...)

But you know what they say about assuming...but if they have a cat that reads books, I want to see. That's right up there with my dog that sang to Law and Order. :waitasec:

Just think how emotionally powerful that would be, to have your little one climb up on your young missing son's bed as if she wanted to be close to him! That's why I don't get the smiley face included at the end of that entry.

I'm wondering if the boy in the family photos and in science pics was accounted for at 8:45 in class.The grandmother or family friend said he wouldn't go out by himself,but if another child he knew wanted him to go he would.Maybe to look for tree frogs.Could he have went out with another child and the child went back in the school,and left Kyron,he got lost in the woods.Look how long it took to find Nadia and Zoey,they weren't that far away,but all the overheads and searchers couldn't find them right off.Probably not the scenario,but better than what it might be.

It really could be that Winterrose. Let's hope, eh?

I always think of Elizabeth Smart tucked away in a that little cave up behind her house. She could hear the searchers calling for her and could do nothing about it. So close but yet so far away.

I think kitty is just a nicname for baby k. I also think something is really off about the alleged appointment. I also get the feeling that underneath the perfect family facade the SM was having some issues with both boys around baby k. She seems to favor and be somewhat overprotective of her ( I really hope i am wrong here)

If her license plate is on Facebook then anyone could have used it. It just doesn't make sense that she would comment a news story to defend herself. She seems like a pretty mature woman and I am sure LE has told her to lay low. At least it seems like they told Kyron's mother to.

but it also doesn't make sense that Kyron is missing. If it quacks it's a duck.

Of course it is natural to look at the family. Experience (and statistics) show that is most likely. As far as the comment, I didn't get the impression that it was someone with inside information as much as it was someone wanting to cast aspersions on the step mother. We have no information that she told the teacher that they had an appointment, I think that would have been mentioned earlier if true. The only thing that makes me go "Hmmm" is the talent show. She seems very involved in Kyron's life and in other instances went to school activities including the science fair. If it's true that he was to be included in the talent show I can't understand why she wouldn't go. My daughter would have been very upset if I wasn't there on that day. I am curious why she didn't plan on going to that.

Just think how emotionally powerful that would be, to have your little one climb up on your young missing son's bed as if she wanted to be close to him! That's why I don't get the smiley face included at the end of that entry.

I agree it would be very emotionally powerful...I have two girls who are unbelievably close. Either one would probably have to be sedated if the other one went missing. But mine are rarely even separated for a couple of hours.

However, this situation is different. So it also is odd because it had only been a little over 24 hours since baby K would have seen him the day before when he got home from school... and Kyron goes to his Mom's house on weekends a lot anyway. So if he had done that, she wouldn't have seen him Saturday. (The day that she was climbing on the bed.)

So does baby K do this every time Kyron goes to visit his Mom? :waitasec:

I haven't gone through her whole facebook...maybe the one with the degree in Hormanology could tell us if that was mentioned? How baby K handles Kyron leaving to visit his Mom? :waitasec:

I haven't gone through her whole facebook...maybe the one with the degree in Hormanology could tell us if that was mentioned? How baby K handles Kyron leaving to visit his Mom? :waitasec:

First time I've seen anything like that mentioned--about her daughter missing her stepson.

I do think that SM has a flair for melodramatics, though.

First time I've seen anything like that mentioned--about her daughter missing her stepson.

I do think that SM has a flair for melodramatics, though.

It would just seem awfully odd that baby K would suddenly have an issue with it. You know... if she never missed him before, why would she now? It's not like he's been gone a week, or any longer than he normally would be to go visit his Mom.

I didn't see any pictures of Kyron with baby K, did you see any? I saw a couple of the older son with her, but I don't remember any of Kyron with her. I mean, like holding her, or playing with her... not just where he happens to be in the picture.

IMO, a child predator was in the school open house for the science fair activities.

Kyron and the families are in my prayers.
that is exactly what i am afraid of, money girl. i wish there was a way to make the world 100% safe for our children. prayers for Kyron and hope that he gets home safely.

It's hard to explain since we're not allowed to mention the name of minors. Suffice it to say that the name of a child in the home could be confused with a reference to a cat, and at least one poster here (guess who :blushing:) thought that the stepmom had posted that the cat was on Kyron's bed reading a book. Apparently the reporter made the same mistake.

LOL

ok, I get it now
I must've missed a few posts

thank you for clearing up my confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics