OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a presser coming up in 30 minutes?

PS- One thing we have all heard Mark Klaas say many, many time is that it is up to the parents and immediate family members to do whatever possible to clear themselves fin an investigation so that LE can move in other directions. Since no one has been ruled out, I am taking from LE that no one has been cleared. I can't imagine why, on the 4th day, the family cannot be cleared by LE, which would cease all kinds of speculation in that direction. Again JMO and just sticking to what is being said, which is very little.

I guess I have reached the opposite conclusion for now - just IMO - but will tell you why...

As a recent example: Somer's family & friends were never publicly cleared, yet now we know that LE actually had DNA & forensics that cleared them and matched her actual killer - an unknown-to-family neighbor.

But more compelling: On day 4 LE are still actively interviewing school-related personnel and now have the assistance of the CARD unit of the FBI in doing a profile & interviewing.

Watch what LE does, not what they say.

see here:
http://www.fbi.gov/card/

and a quote from that link:

CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children.

Look at the school calendar, time of year, and what LE is doing right now. Some adult, likely visibly recognizable by Kyron, and familiar with this school's scheduling, and well aware school's ending and their chance to get what they will be over until next year planned this one, IMO. They felt pressured to act on this specific day - a busy/hectic school-day environment, where there had been many outside visitors in the building during the morning, and before children were dismissed for the summer. Selecting this day for this crime - it was planned. Not a coincidence, IMO.

Just wanted to make note of something re: the speculation of LE and their emotions etc on this case. It is not necessarily meant to convey anything. Searches and investigations, especially of this type, are physically and emotionally exhausting for search and rescue personnel as well as LE at all levels.
They work nonstop under very trying situations and feel the heartbreak of cases just like the general public does.
My thoughts go out to them right now, as well as Kyron's family and friends...these cases are often not 'just cases' to LE....and many emotions presented by the media are exactly that- their own emotions. Nothing more needs to be read into displays of emotion, imho.

Thanks and a pat on the back to all in LE, working this case. My thoughts are with you guys for the tough, tough job you are dealing with.

I think CharlestonGal is on the right track. I'm thinking that this older sibling would be known to Kyron on a more personal basis -- not just some random older sibling of a classmate. Possibly, someone who had a grudge against a family member. As for it being planned for Kyron to meet this person, I'm up in the air on that. I could see it happening that way or this person making contact with him and luring him out. JMO

Just wanted to make note of something re: the speculation of LE and their emotions etc on this case. It is not necessarily meant to convey anything. Searches and investigations, especially of this type, are physically and emotionally exhausting for search and rescue personnel as well as LE at all levels.
They work nonstop under very trying situations and feel the heartbreak of cases just like the general public does.
My thoughts go out to them right now, as well as Kyron's family and friends...these cases are often not 'just cases' to LE....and many emotions presented by the media are exactly that- their own emotions. Nothing more needs to be read into displays of emotion, imho.

Thanks and a pat on the back to all in LE, working this case. My thoughts are with you guys for the tough, tough job you are dealing with.

I agree and he also mentioned that he, and others, were working on little sleep. That could make you more emotional, too.

That's what I heard but I can't confirm with a link, sorry.

i am currently in a region that gets all of the portland-area stations, including northwest-cable-news... so i will be keeping an eye on things soon

LE has also said the family has been cooperating in the investigation.
So, IMO they are doing what they can.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard LE make that statement and the next thing we see is the person arrested. IMO, LE has said very little that clears or points to anyone. This is about the most close to the vest investigation I've seen in a long time. It's been like pulling teeth just to get the time of the last sighting. Beyond that LE is giving us zilch.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard LE make that statement and the next thing we see is the person arrested. IMO, LE has said very little that clears or points to anyone. This is about the most close to the vest investigation I've seen in a long time. It's been like pulling teeth just to get the time of the last sighting. Beyond that LE is giving us zilch.

Honestly, I think the reason we aren't getting more information from LE is that they just don't have that much.

Honestly, I think the reason we aren't getting more information from LE is that they just don't have that much.

My biggest fear is this was a crime of opportunity and completely random and unplanned. Those seem to be the hardest to solve.

I guess I have reached the opposite conclusion for now - just IMO - but will tell you why...

As a recent example: Somer's family & friends were never publicly cleared, yet now we know that LE actually had DNA & forensics that cleared them and matched her actual killer - an unknown-to-family neighbor.

But more compelling: On day 4 LE are still actively interviewing school-related personnel and now have the assistance of the CARD unit of the FBI in doing a profile & interviewing.

Watch what LE does, not what they say.

see here:
http://www.fbi.gov/card/

and a quote from that link:

CARD Teams are primarily involved in non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children. They work with state and local law enforcement to protect and save the lives of innocent children.

Look at the school calendar, time of year, and what LE is doing right now. Some adult, likely visibly recognizable by Kyron, and familiar with this school's scheduling, and well aware school's ending and their chance to get what they will be over until next year planned this one, IMO. They felt pressured to act on this specific day - a busy/hectic school-day environment, where there had been many outside visitors in the building during the morning, and before children were dismissed for the summer. Selecting this day for this crime - it was planned. Not a coincidence, IMO.

Emma - I completely agree with your assessment! I also feel that absolutely everything that is happening right now is planned and has a reason/purpose behind it.

Haven't seen you for awhile - nice to see you back. :blowkiss:

When can this baby get his own furom..... Its been 4 days and we have 4 threads with all kinds of mixed up info, MODS PLEASE CAN WE GET A FORUM...

Thing that bothers me is that the school basically advertised open house with their sign by the road showing the Science Fair and Talent Show times. Whether it's a stranger abduction or someone inside the family or school, it would be the perfect time to take a child.

Stranger Abduction - because the school was open, and no one would check him/her out.

Inside - because blame could always be shuffled off to a "stranger," since the school was open to everyone.

When can this baby get his own furom..... Its been 4 days and we have 4 threads with all kinds of mixed up info, MODS PLEASE CAN WE GET A FORUM...

It takes more then being missing for 4 days to qualify for his own forum.

Not all cases get a forum.

with all those people leaving as school was starting, someone would have noticed a child walking away from the school.
someone sent him outside maybe to see his mother, then drove away with him.

I just wanted to insert this for clarification (work with me because I'm on a mobile device so I may have to edit to include the link):

It was unclear whether Kyron was in class Friday or when anyone noticed he was missing because police have been reticent to disclose public details of the search. Shelby said authorities don't want to give out information that could contradict a potential witness's recollection, but the school has a good idea of when Kyron was reported absent.
"We don't want to cloud anyone's recollection," Shelby said. "We'll defer to the authorities."

An autodial system used to report absences in all Portland high schools and middle schools was not yet installed at Skyline Elementary, Shelby said. The system has been installed in 37 of the district's 57 schools.
Shelby said the system would have alerted a parent's primary phone number at about midday that his or her student was absent.
Kyron's parents didn't attend the news conference Monday, and Gates said they didn't want to comment to avoid interfering with the investigation.

In a case where you have so many potential witnesses, many young, releasing too much information would potentially taint information. I can't imagine trying to interview all those kids...made worse after hearing things, being asked by their parents, just plain being a kid and beginning to elaborate so that what they saw is no longer reliable or real. I just wanted that out there because there's been so much talk about why no info is being released and why the family isn't talking. Even the school district has obviously been told to be quiet. It's possible the person responsible is an employee, parent, or other child but any information will ultimately come, in some form, from one of those children. Unfortunately, the longer this goes on, the harder it will be to get reliable information from those kids.

Ok, let me try and get that link in here...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100607/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_oregon_boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500