OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We suspect he went missing on Friday was an odd thing to say. :waitasec:

If you go back and listen to what he was saying just before that, you can tell that he is sort of stumbling over his words. I don't have a transcription, but he is talking about the time and saying something to the effect of...... that is the time that "we suspect he went missing on Friday". Out of context it looks weird, but when you hear it in the context of the overall statement it does make sense. it was not a written statement being read, just an off the cuff recap of the current status kind of thing.

jmoo

I'm keeping a list of some of the details - thought I would post again. Please correct me if something is wrong. This might help since the thread is moving so quickly.

What we know:
• School opened that day at 8 AM
• Stepmother drove him to school that morning
• Stepmother and Kyron went to his class, dropped off backpack, took picture of Kyron in front of his project, also took photo of Kyron’s friend in front of his project (same classroom – pictures support that)
• Student were to meet in classroom at 8:45 to be put in groups of about 5 and one parent chaperone to tour other classrooms
• Science fair to end at 10 AM
• Talent Show at 1 PM

WHEN/WHERE LAST SEEN:
“His stepmother said she last saw him at 8:45 a.m. Friday. She watched him walk toward his classroom after the pair toured the school's science fair.”
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

Kyron was last seen by someone inside the school around 9 am (LE won’t comment on who saw him)
(According to Press Conf. 6/7)
Another reporter asks for further clarification of earlier time line statements by LE
"I can't answer your question completely, but I can say the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 am, but uh . . ." (Then the reporter cuts him off.)
Later on, a reporter asks if the last sighting was by the stepmother or someone else: "I'm not able to give those details."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4P3vGDow8[/ame]
Transcribed: "He was seen near his classroom, and the last point was down at the south entrance door of the school."

SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE:
A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass
"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html)

POSSIBLE SIGHTING:
A truck driver heading toward Portland on Hwy 26 on Sat. afternoon said a dirty grey/black truck turned in front of him onto Salmonberry RD – inside was a boy who appeared startled and who looked like Kyron.
(According to http://www.kptv.com/news/23824427/detail.html)
http://www.kptv.com/video/23824775/index.html

APPT. RUMOR:
SM told teacher across loud gymnasium that Kyron had an appt. and that is why teacher thought he left with SM
According to comments on http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...ree_search_continues_hun/4053/comments-2.html

Posted by Nykolina
June 06, 2010, 11:40AM
The mom mentioned to the teacher that Kyron had an appointment. It was for next week but that wasn't clearly stated to the teacher. The teacher thought mom took him to an appointment.
The mom also e-mailed the teacher (after leaving the school) as to when she should pick up the science fair project. So the teacher believed he was with his mom. There was no reason for the school to call home.

TALENT SHOW:
“Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.”
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

I just can't see him still being in that school building alive. If he is the building he likely not alive, like I have said before he would be hungry, have to go to the bathroom, and at this point screaming and crying for help. JMO

I agree. How weird. Why would he say that? Did he say that before there were confirmed sightings of him within the school on Fri, other than by the sm?

Yes, I believe he said that yesterday. The day before we heard that Kyron was last seen in the school around 9am.

This may be wishful thinking as I, for one, don't think he ever left the school. I have a 7 year old boy and he knows more about nooks and crannies in his school than you can imagine....places to explore, etc. Given that he was last seen around 9AM, in his mind he may have thought he had an hour to explore, etc. before classes started...and that's what he did and he got lost.

Wonder if they talked to his little friends to see what they talk about.

I think of two separate cases of young guys being found in their apt. buildings...one was drunk and went down the laundry chute, the other went into some utility room and was electrocuted :(

And what about kids who go into old fridges or car trunks - scary.

I hope they have turned that place inside out.

Or any surveillance cameras along Hwy 26 that would show cars passing. Long shot and very time consuming I know. I really think this tip could be something.

There's an old weigh station near Banks on 26 that he would have had to pass if they were heading toward Salmonberry. It's rarely open, but they often have cameras, don't they? Might be a possibility.

I just can't see him still being in that school building alive. If he is the building he likely not alive, like I have said before he would be hungry, have to go to the bathroom, and at this point screaming and crying for help. JMO

True....if someone were staying in the school over the weekend, when it's eerily quiet, maybe sounds could have been picked up. Talking out of both sides of my mouth here.

Can we lay off of SM? No wonder they aren't giving interviews. She's already being judged by her online activity. She was a stay at home mom. I find NOTHING wrong w/ her being online. BTW, most of us are online all day as well!

I know when I take photos I usually go straight home, edit, and post to FB for family and friends. Nothing out of the ordinary there either.

I'm not laying on SM. I'm asking questions, which is what we can do. I asked questions, and several helpful people have cleared up the timestamp on FB. Further, I thought it was important to bring up the fact that the board in the background had Thursday's date on it. These pictures are the last ones taken of Kyron that we know of, and I'll dig through and find things that are odd and have them cleared up, which was helpfully done.

And if her timestamp, which reads 9:01 a.m. on my computer means it's 8:01 a.m. on HER computer, then there's another question I'd like asked: Wasn't she there at the school at 8 with Kyron?

It just sound like LE may be backing away from other sightings of Kyron...they are certainly be vague enough to make me wonder. I don't understand why it would be confidential when and who last saw him (not names, just either a student or a teacher, etc...someone out of the family). It seems that the sighting "later in the morning" is no longer being considered valid, as that changed to "about 9am" yesterday and they would not say who it was...it was no longer a classmate. This is just so confusing and LE sure does not want to clarify anything at all. All IMO.

We suspect he went missing on Friday was an odd thing to say. :waitasec:
The context for that was this sentence by Jason Gates at around 1:20:

"Also we conducted a canvass of Skyline Boulevard this morning with deputies and federal agents handing out fliers and asking people as they drove by during the times that Kyron went missing -- We suspect he went missing on Friday -- to see if anybody had any information that normally drives this route."

I'll add it with the other press conference quotes about the timeline.

What is Bohemian Grove in Portland and is it related to child abductions? (A lady at Starbucks this a.m. was from Portland and I heard her mention that it should be search...yes, I eavesdropped). Is this a neighborhood? I found that someplace in California is also called Bohemian Grove, but I can't find info about this in Portland.
(If this is a GBLT, disabled, or Medicaid community, I apologize for my sincere question in advance.)

Can't say I've heard of it and I've been here nearly 30 years.

It's not a clear picture, but it appears the date on the whiteboard in the upper left corner of one of the pictures of Kyron near his exhibit shows the date of June 3. I'm willing to be wrong, but even blown up and image distorted, I couldn't make it say 4, which leads me to believe these exhibits were set up the afternoon before.

Also, why is there a picture of the other little boy's tree frog exhibit? There is no evidence that Kyron was going to sit at the desk anytime soon, and I'm wondering how Terry could have posted anything from her cell phone to facebook without the requisite "posted via mobile web" message.

Also again, she was on at 3:34 that Friday afternoon. If Kyron gets off the bus at 3:30, and when he didn't get off the bus she immediately called the school, when was it she took the time to be on FB?

I'm not pointing fingers; I find these extremely curious.

Just a reminder if this hasn't been mentioned yet but Facebook shows your own local time. The post was made at 1:21 pm pacific time.

I'm not laying on SM. I'm asking questions, which is what we can do. I asked questions, and several helpful people have cleared up the timestamp on FB. Further, I thought it was important to bring up the fact that the board in the background had Thursday's date on it. These pictures are the last ones taken of Kyron that we know of, and I'll dig through and find things that are odd and have them cleared up, which was helpfully done.

And if her timestamp, which reads 9:01 a.m. on my computer means it's 8:01 a.m. on HER computer, then there's another question I'd like asked: Wasn't she there at the school at 8 with Kyron?

Wow, I didn't realize the board had the previous days date on it. But we know sm was there that morning with Kyron. **shrug**

This may be wishful thinking as I, for one, don't think he ever left the school. I have a 7 year old boy and he knows more about nooks and crannies in his school than you can imagine....places to explore, etc. Given that he was last seen around 9AM, in his mind he may have thought he had an hour to explore, etc. before classes started...and that's what he did and he got lost.

Wonder if they talked to his little friends to see what they talk about.

In the live news they just did,just caught the tail end of a girl about 13,caption said Kyron's friend,which means the older kids are around the younger ones.I thought it was seperate,older grades not intermingling with younger ones.If the older kids were running around that morning,one of them could have went outside with Kyron,maybe thought it was funny to play a prank and left him in woods.And got too scared to say anything,maybe thought he'd just come back to school on his own.

That's a forest and thier radius of search was only two miles out.I think an adult took him,but you never know.If he didn't make it to his class and wasn't seen,there was sure no supervision of all the kids roaming the halls till they went to thier classrooms.If it was an older child though,they probably would have been upset hearing he was missing and told by now,I hope.

The context for that was this sentence by Jason Gates at around 1:20:

"Also we conducted a canvass of Skyline Boulevard this morning with deputies and federal agents handing out fliers and asking people as they drove by during the times that Kyron went missing -- We suspect he went missing on Friday -- to see if anybody had any information that normally drives this route."

I'll add it with the other press conference quotes about the timeline.

I know. I listened to it yesterday and thought it was strange to word it that way then.

Can't say I've heard of it and I've been here nearly 30 years.

Regarding Bohemian Grove:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove[/ame]

There are lots of other Google references about associations with the occult and other nefarious activities of the "elite", etc.

BTW....I feel bad about posting the wiki link.....my kids school gives an automatic F grade for any paper citing wiki as a source!!!!!

Okay, here's a full and updated transcript of all timeline related statements made by Jason Gates at the June 7 press conference :
[Link to video of yesterday's news conference can be found here: http://www.kptv.com/kyron-horman/index.html

These are the direct quotes from Jason Gates I transcribed:

At about 1:20, Gates says,

Later (around 5:10) a reporter asks: Can you provide any clarification about what time he was last seen and where?
Not at this time.

Another reporter asks for further clarification of earlier time line statements by LE
"I can't answer your question completely, but I can say the last point at which Kyron was seen was about 9:00 am on Friday morning ."
"Was that within the school?"
Yes

Later on, a reporter asks if the last sighting was by the stepmother or someone else:
"I'm not able to give those details."

In the live news they just did,just caught the tail end of a girl about 13,caption said Kyron's friend,which means the older kids are around the younger ones.I thought it was seperate,older grades not intermingling with younger ones.If the older kids were running around that morning,one of them could have went outside with Kyron,maybe thought it was funny to play a prank and left him in woods.And got too scared to say anything,maybe thought he'd just come back to school on his own.

That's a forest and thier radius of search was only two miles out.I think an adult took him,but you never know.If he didn't make it to his class and wasn't seen,there was sure no supervision of all the kids roaming the halls till they went to thier classrooms.If it was an older child though,they probably would have been upset hearing he was missing and told by now,I hope.
The bell had rung for Kyron to be in his class right before stepmom left, right? She says he was heading to his classroom when she left at 8:45. He was last seen about 9am. We don't know if that is the same sighting as the last one by the stepmom. 8:45am and about 9am are very close. So what could've happened in that short time span with him walking to his classroom? This is such a mystery and with not getting hardly any details at all from LE only makes it worse.

As a former teacher, I can tell you that we did NOT change the calendar until "Calendar Time" and in 2nd grade, Calendar Time is a way to include and review all sorts of other skills and few teachers would miss the chance to do Calendar Time by changing the date themselves, even on a hectic day.

Regarding Bohemian Grove:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove

There are lots of other Google references about associations with the occult and other nefarious activities of the "elite", etc.

BTW....I feel bad about posting the wiki link.....my kids school gives an automatic F grade for any paper citing wiki as a source!!!!!

This is like 11 hours away.

Perhaps there is another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members