OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Rock Quarry

Went up there tonight and took pictures. Wanted to get of quarry also and did
Couldn't stop at school didn't want to deal with LE so most are just out the window of car.
Here is link and doing a sub album of "raw" pics in order just so you can get a feel

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/

Thanks for those pics. They made my heart sick to see that dense forest and underbrush. I cannot imagine how any place could truly be ruled out unless they did grid searches - you could easily miss something a foot away!

I honestly have no gut feeling about what happened. I think if he had wandered he would have been found by now, but isn't that what we said about Nadia?

And I think the minor idea would explain LE's behavior, but again, I cannot imagine it would go on this long. I mean, how far could a minor have taken him without a car and not have been gone from school a suspicious amount of time? I'm sure that some of the first people looked at were older kids who missed school that day.

So that leaves me with taken or still in the school. Can't imagine he is still in the school after 5 days.

So taken? But how? Without a single person seeing him in the parking lot? Taken to the woods? I do believe even very smart, worldly children can be lured. Just watch that episode of Oprah - it makes you just weep! But I am amazed that no one saw anything. I hate these cases where there is just NOTHING.

I'm completely baffled and sad and scared for Kyron. Come home, sweetheart!

updated 1 hour, 26 minutes ago

"We're not prepared to call it a criminal investigation at this point," Gates said. It would be considered a crime "when we have elements or specific information about this case that would lead us in a direction where there are crimes that can be defined."

snip

Kyron was last seen about 9 a.m. Friday, shortly after the boy and his stepmother attended a science fair at the school.

snip

Gates said he hopes to have the search concluded by the end of the week but said the sheriff's office would "continue this investigation until there's a resolution."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37588381/ns/us_news-life/

That last snippet - is that where Gates said something about having this wrapped up by the end of the week? The ground search? I couldn't get the live presser going yesterday until near the end of it, so I missed the 'wrapped up by the end of the week' statement.

Has anyone found a raw video of the later afternoon presser from yesterday? I haven't been able to find a full raw video.

Thanks!

If Kyron did go to see an electricity project I'm wondering if that project or any of the other projects required a battery, such as a car battery, or maybe even a small generator or other such items that would need to be been taken from the school after the showing of the project. I'm just wondering if maybe Kyron helped a parent/grandparent or other adult carry stuff to their car and that is where the opportunity snatch him presented itself.

Good morning, I was hoping to see good news. I'm glad to be back to.

Today the parents are suppose to do a statement correct?

Electricity project could be done by the older children, did we find out what rooms they are in?

Police say search for missing 7 year old focused on Portland area

Last Update: 6/08 9:44 pm

Capt. Gates said there was no set ending for the search effort.

snip

The Captain said investigators were not ready to release information about who saw Kyron last, or whether he attended his first class.

snip

Around 8:45 a.m. Terri said goodbye to Kyron and watched the second-grader walk down the hallway toward his classroom. Police say that the last time the boy was seen was about 9 a.m.

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/stor...d-focused/bOOw69-GYE6Yo5gyervxkA.cspx?rss=191

I was hoping to see some news this morning.......the longer this goes on, the more skeptical i get about finding him safe :praying:

1586217.jpg

1276056914.jpg

There was someone in the school that morning that didn't look out of place. He went out a door on his own free will as there were too many people there that morning that would have noticed a screaming child. As others have stated, he was lured out.

A child the same age as Kyron diid not commit this crime. There's too many details after the fact.

Its going to end up being a parent or someone who was familiar with the school who has a sexual crimes past. Snagging a kid out of a school in broad daylight is obviously a top level offender.

The school is being quiet about procedures that morning as they afraid of a potential lawsuit.

Just a quick question that has been bothering me...I know when my kids attended a science fair or any activity of the such before class began...attendance was taken at that time...On one occasion I had to take my son to a Doctor's appointment after the science fair and I spoke to the teacher and told her I was doing so and signed him out of school...my questions is this...his teachers had to see him there...didn't she/he think that it was strange that Kyron was not in class and his stepmother didn't say anything about taken him out of class...shouldn't this alerted anyone there...I am not blaming anyone!!!!

There was someone in the school that morning that didn't look out of place. He went out a door on his own free will as there were too many people there that morning that would have noticed a screaming child. As others have stated, he was lured out.

A child the same age as Kyron diid not commit this crime. There's too many details after the fact.

Its going to end up being a parent or someone who was familiar with the school who has a sexual crimes past. Snagging a kid out of a school in broad daylight is obviously a top level offender.

The school is being quiet about procedures that morning as they're afraid of a potential lawsuit.

BBM
As well they should be!

Have they beyond a doubt confirmed that Kyron was even at the school that morning? Is there any possibility his science fair project was setup the day before?

Normally in cases like these aren't the parents pleading for their child's safe return?

Have they beyond a doubt confirmed that Kyron was even at the school that morning? Is there any possibility his science fair project was setup the day before?

Normally in cases like these aren't the parents pleading for their child's safe return?

The photo of him with his science project was taken on Friday morning, the morning he went missing.

The fact his parents haven't 'pleaded' for his safe return has been discussed over and over.... IMO it makes no difference, I haven't ever heard of a case where an abductor has let the child go as a result of the parents pleading!

An older teenager who drives is still a minor. They have enough freedom to be wherever they want to be, even during the day when a parent thinks they are at school. They can be very crafty with innocent sounding excuses why they don't have to be at class that day; "Coach Smith is out of town, we have a sub and it's just a video I've seen before", etc. Teenagers think they are invincible. They are stubborn, and can be vengeful, especially if they are angry with their parents. They make a point of knowing the back roads...places where kids can party and not be disturbed. Sometimes a worried parent might drive those back roads at odd hours, desperately searching to find their teenager before they get themselves into real trouble they can't get out of.

When I say "minor", I'm not thinking of a little kid. JMO​

From all of the pictures I've seen of him, he appears to be a very happy child.

The photo of him with his science project was taken on Friday morning, the morning he went missing.

The fact his parents haven't 'pleaded' for his safe return has been discussed over and over.... IMO it makes no difference, I haven't ever heard of a case where an abductor has let the child go as a result of the parents pleading!

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member