GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

April 27, 2024

A Portland steelworker who killed twice, decades apart, and managed to hide both bodies until an old strand of DNA revealed his dark secrets has been sentenced to life in prison.

A jury convicted Christopher Lovrien earlier this month for the murder and dismemberment of a man he met at a bar in 2020.
Unfortunately, I can't read the article without a subscription. If I spot a paper copy today, I'll try to pick one up.

LinasK said:
snipped by me...

There will be another hearing this coming Thursday to set a trial on the remaining gun charges counts (4-9) a felon in possession of a gun, and another trial, so he's still in Multnomah County jail for now.

I am not going to follow his gun charges. If that is okay with you!

Apr 29, 2024
A man who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for a cold case dating back to 1999 will now spend the rest of his life in prison for murdering another man in 2020, the Multnomah County district attorney’s office announced Monday.

Apr 29, 2024
A man who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for a cold case dating back to 1999 will now spend the rest of his life in prison for murdering another man in 2020, the Multnomah County district attorney’s office announced Monday.

"they think he may have killed more people, based on evidence found in his home."

Never mind the gun charges. Unless of course, related.

"they think he may have killed more people, based on evidence found in his home."

Never mind the gun charges. Unless of course, related.
The gun charges are probably related, but it's extra insurance should he win an appeal on either case...so although I want him shipped off to prison already, it's all good!

I do not understand why he still has hearings. He was sentenced - do you know what exactly these hearings are for counts 4-9? TIA!
Yes, counts 4-9 the gun charges. Ken told me that he thought Lovrien was having another trial on them.

Yes, counts 4-9 the gun charges. Ken told me that he thought Lovrien was having another trial on them.

If it is just for the gun charges - do you want me to follow this? Or can I just put this on my "shelf" as DONE! ?? :)

If it is just for the gun charges - do you want me to follow this? Or can I just put this on my "shelf" as DONE! ?? :)
Hi Niner, i've been busy that's why I didn't respond sooner. It's totally up to you, as I know you do this as a volunteer. Although I've been in Portland, I wasn't able to attend any court hearings. The reason I'm continuing to monitor the charges, is that I want to know when he's finally shipped off to state prison. The delays in proceedings allow him to stay in Multnomah County Jail, rather than going off the prison, and apparently jail is cushier than prison conditions...

Hi Niner, i've been busy that's why I didn't respond sooner. It's totally up to you, as I know you do this as a volunteer. Although I've been in Portland, I wasn't able to attend any court hearings. The reason I'm continuing to monitor the charges, is that I want to know when he's finally shipped off to state prison. The delays in proceedings allow him to stay in Multnomah County Jail, rather than going off the prison, and apparently jail is cushier than prison conditions...

Since you want to follow this thru - I shall go ahead & keep up my notes. I have put him on 7/8.

Unfortunately it never really ends.
There was a murder 30 years ago in my extended family. My aunt and uncle have lived with parole hearings, requests for new trials, requests for transfers to different facilities, etc. from a killer who believes he is the victim. Plus the killer has endless time in prison to file these motions which keep the pain alive.
The only end for that will be the day the killer dies in prison.

Unfortunately it never really ends.
There was a murder 30 years ago in my extended family. My aunt and uncle have lived with parole hearings, requests for new trials, requests for transfers to different facilities, etc. from a killer who believes he is the victim. Plus the killer has endless time in prison to file these motions which keep the pain alive.
The only end for that will be the day the killer dies in prison.
Sorry to hear it. Yeah, Lovrien really believes that he's the victim too. Sounds like the kind of manuevers that he'd think of doing.

I'm going to try to go to Larch Mountain tomorrow before we leave the area to see what I can see and take some pictures. Thankfully, it's finally stopped raining here for a few days and it's not too hot...

I'm back at home and unfortunately, Larch Mountain was a bust. Not that I realistically thought that I'd find Mark's remains, or wanted to... but we got lost on the road there, ended up off-roading for 2+ miles (which my husband loved- I thought we were going to roll off the mountain), and then got back onto the main road only to find out 5 miles from the summit that the road was closed. One side of the gate was open, so we technically could have snuck through, but didn't want to risk it. It is on a high mountain with beautiful forests and overlooks the Columbia river, so the one consolation is that if that's Mark's final resting place, at least it's in a beautiful spot.Click on the thumbnails, and they will display correctly.
IMG_5963.jpgIMG_5964.jpgIMG_5967.jpgIMG_5968.jpgIMG_5969.jpgIMG_5970.jpgIMG_5972.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back