GUILTY OR - Nicole Laube, 29, stabbed to death, Cedar Mill, 19 Aug 2014

I just read about this today, she was so beautiful & a wife & a mother :tears: Totally senseless.

I too thought the sketch looked more feminine than masculine. I know Nicole did body building competitions for the team at the gym she attended here in Beaverton and I think won one of them or came very close... maybe a jealous rival?

Completely hurts my heart, I want justice for her so badly.

Finding a motive is key to this case. This kind of attack speaks of someone who was very angry with her and wanted to kill her, risking doing so in public during the day! Don't see that often. Someone has to know something...

Finding a motive is key to this case. This kind of attack speaks of someone who was very angry with her and wanted to kill her, risking doing so in public during the day! Don't see that often. Someone has to know something...

What I don't understand is - and maybe LE is keeping this info private for now? - this attack happened in a major apt complex with hundreds of units, in broad daylight, around 5pm which is the time people are arriving home from work, etc... And from what I understand reading the information that has been released so far is that nobody saw anything more?!? She was passing out flyers in the *parking lot*... I mean besides the person who was able to provide the information to complete a sketch.. which is great, but.. You would think more people would have seen something and come forward by now, to provide more information to catch the creep who did this. It's just hard to believe in a major complex in broad daylight at that time of day that there isn't more information from witnesses... The most recent articles mention they found evidence in a field nearby, I'm guessing not enough DNA evidence to track the perp, or that person isn't in the database. Idk... In doing some digging online it appears this apt complex has a bit of a shady criminal background in the complex and area itself ... Some claim it is getting better with more new businesses moving into the area. Maybe the perp thought the level of shadiness in that area would help them get away with it, and maybe due to the questionable people in the area/complex, the tenants who live there just mostly look the other way?... Ugh, I just want justice for Nicole!! She overcame so much in her life already and so many years ahead of her.. I pray about this getting resolved every single day. It is absolutely infuriating that this type of thing could happen under these circumstances and they cannot catch the person :(

They are currently building a shopping center across the street from this apt. complex. It will have a natural food type store, a yoga studio, nail salon, and a few other office type spaces I think. There are multiple workers there daily and it has been under construction for the past 6 or 8 months. Just mentioning this because it brings in a lot of people from outside the neighborhood and someone walking in a hoody might not be all that out of place with all the commotion with the new construction. I last saw it in June and I don't think they had the parking lot poured for the new stores. I was wondering if it was possible that she was handing out flyers in this area to draw in new tenants. Any thoughts?

"We believe that she was specifically targeted for some reason, because there weren't multiple victims in the area. So we think she was singled out for some reason, we don't know why and we don't know by who," Ray said.
http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local...-on-why-woman-stabbed-in-cedar-mill/14449337/

Very little new news.... and what could the motive be?
Does anyone know what the flyers she was handing out were about?

Still surprised that LE believes it was a man, since the sketch looks like a woman...

Here is Nicole's facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/nicole.laube.9?fref=ts

I see she and her husband have a child. But there are pictures with other older children. Is there an ex-wife in the picture?

Yesterday I saw a comment from someone who knows Nichole and her family. This person said that a reporter has been contacting her for a story. She said something to the effect, now is not the time to be talking, and she encouraged others not to talk to reporters either. Struck me as kind of odd. Is there something to talk about? I'll have to see if I can find it again ...

Deputies said they waited to release the man's sketch so not to compromise their investigation.
They say since the killing, they've interviewed two other men extensively.

Both of those men have not been ruled out as suspects, according to deputies, but because of the detailed witness description, they felt it was time to release the man's composite sketch.

"I think mixed feelings is the right word for how we're feeling. I don't like looking at that sketch; it's hard," said Jones. "I know deputies are working really, really hard, and I appreciate all that they're doing. This indicates that they're making progress, and it's encouraging."

Nicole Laube, a wife and mother, worked at the apartment complex.

http://www.kptv.com/story/26539178/...-of-suspect-in-stabbing-death-of-nicole-laube

What did she do at the complex? I thought someone said she was handing out flyers there?

Here is Nicole's facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/nicole.laube.9?fref=ts

I see she and her husband have a child. But there are pictures with other older children. Is there an ex-wife in the picture?

Yesterday I saw a comment from someone who knows Nichole and her family. This person said that a reporter has been contacting her for a story. She said something to the effect, now is not the time to be talking, and she encouraged others not to talk to reporters either. Struck me as kind of odd. Is there something to talk about? I'll have to see if I can find it again ...

Hmmm. I'm pretty curious what the reporters potential story is about... If you can find the comment again and post the link to the thread I'd love to read, was it here on WS or in one of the news stories online? Looking @ her FB & instagram there are a couple little commenty type things that indicate maybe someone was upset with her or didn't like her for something. There is just something not right about how this whole thing is at a stand still especially if they believe she was targeted..

What did she do at the complex? I thought someone said she was handing out flyers there?

She worked in the lease office.. I've read conflicting reports in local media about what she was doing at the time it happened, some said she was showing an apartment but then it seemed to switch to she was handing out flyers.. I've lived in apartments my whole life big & small complexes and haven't ever seen a lease agent standing around handing them out, my guess is that she was taking them around & taping them to all the residents doors? Like a newsletter or notice or something...

From the article Knox posted - http://www.kptv.com/story/26539178/...-of-suspect-in-stabbing-death-of-nicole-laube

Deputies said they waited to release the man's sketch so not to compromise their investigation.
They say since the killing, they've interviewed two other men extensively.

Both of those men have not been ruled out as suspects, according to deputies, but because of the detailed witness description, they felt it was time to release the man's composite sketch.

I wonder why we aren't hearing more about the two men? Guessing they don't have enough evidence against them? But then again they label them as suspects?.. Maybe the sketch doesn't match.. So curious about the extensive interviews & who they are..

From this article - http://www.oregonlive.com/north-of-...e_release_of_suspect_sketch_deputies_say.html

In recent weeks, deputies had separately investigated two unrelated men in connection with Laube's death, according to Ray. He said both fit the description of the man in the sketch and knew of Laube. It is not clear whether she knew them.

"We have not found any conclusive evidence to link either of these individuals to the crime," Ray said.

So they both fit the description and "knew of her"... Hmmmmm? Come on, some tiny piece of DNA to link, come on...

Hope this doesn't turn into a cold case.

Hope this doesn't turn into a cold case.

I'm reposting the news stories with the sketch and latest info on my Facebook as I am very local to the area where this happened and asking everyone to share and if they know anything at all to say something. I will continue to post information even if we don't get any updates for a while to keep it fresh and out there to as many local people as I can reach. Nicole, as well as every victim of unsolved murder, deserves justice - and their families deserve closure and peace.

Article about husband and their children without Nicole this Christmas.

Interesting:
Before Laube died, she told a neighbor the man who attacked her was wearing a dark hoodie and camouflage pants.

If she knew her attacker at all, investigators told KOIN 6 News, she did not know him well. They’ve ruled out anyone close to her as a suspect.

http://koin.com/2014/12/31/tough-explaining-to-kids-why-mom-isnt-here/

http://www.kptv.com/story/28155820/...-they-still-dont-know-who-killed-nicole-laube

WASHINGTON COUNTY (KPTV) -
Six months after a local mother was stabbed to death outside of a Cedar Mill apartment complex, Washington County deputies say they still do not know who killed Nicole Laube and they can't seem to figure out a motive.

“Whether this was random, or she was selected for a particular reason, we still don't know at this point,” said Sgt. Bob Ray with the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies tell FOX 12 they've worked thousands of hours on this case since the beloved wife and mother was murdered on August 19 of last year.

None of that work has led them to an official suspect.

Ugh. I pray every day there is a break in this case, or that it is put onto someone who knows more heart to speak to the police and help solve this. Please continue to pray for her family and her children, and that justice can prevail.

http://www.kptv.com/story/28155820/...-they-still-dont-know-who-killed-nicole-laube

Ugh. I pray every day there is a break in this case, or that it is put onto someone who knows more heart to speak to the police and help solve this. Please continue to pray for her family and her children, and that justice can prevail.

Thanks for posting the update, and I agree with your thoughts and prayers...

Refreshing that LE was open about lack of a motive, and not knowing if random or she was selected for some reason.

Also of their telling us the amount of hours they put into the case...

Not sure what to make of the
None of that work has led them to an official suspect.
- wonder if that was a direct quote from LE, or if it's the reporter just saying that...

PRAISE GOD!!!! Justice for Nicole!!!!!

http://www.oregonlive.com/north-of-26/index.ssf/2015/04/teen_convicted_in_rape_near_au.html

A teenager convicted in the brutal rape and beating of a Eugene woman near Autzen Stadium is now accused in the killing less than a month earlier of a woman at a Cedar Mill apartment complex, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

Jaime Tinoco, 17, faces charges of aggravated murder and unlawful use of a weapon in the Aug. 19 stabbing death of 29-year-old Nicole Laube, who lived in Forest Grove and worked at the Commons at Timber Creek Apartments complex, said Sgt. Bob Ray, a sheriff's office spokesman. Tinoco and Laube did not know each other, but Tinoco lived with his parents across Northwest Barnes Road from the place where Laube was killed. Investigators think Tinoco attacked Laube with a plan to sexually assault her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back