GUILTY OR - Nicole Laube, 29, stabbed to death, Cedar Mill, 19 Aug 2014

Great news! No mention of why he stabbed Nicole - did just simply look at this the wrong way?

http://www.oregonlive.com/north-of-26/index.ssf/2015/04/washington_county_juvenile_dep.html

The Washington County Juvenile Department has released a statement on Jaime Tinoco, the teen arrested Wednesday in last summer's stabbing death of Nicole Laube. Tinoco, 17, was on probation, supervised by the juvenile department, when Laube, 29, of Forest Grove was killed...

In the month before the Aug. 19 slaying, a juvenile court judge had put Tinoco on probation for burglary, meth possession and harassment...

He recently pleaded guilty to beating and raping the 39-year-old Eugene woman... Investigators say the victims in both cases were strangers to Tinoco.

Investigators think Tinoco attacked Laube with a plan to sexually assault her.

http://www.oregonlive.com/north-of-26/index.ssf/2015/04/teen_convicted_in_rape_near_au.html

He probably thought showing Nicole a knife, she would meekly follow his orders and stabbed her when she resisted.

Sad to here that! It's been my opinion that in a situation like hers, she did the right thing - don't follow, but take your chances getting away since odds are greater you will be killed if you comply.

Sad to here that! It's been my opinion that in a situation like hers, she did the right thing - don't follow, but take your chances getting away since odds are greater you will be killed if you comply.

I agree, we know she fought hard.. I hate what drugs do, completely senseless crimes and violence. :(

It also surprises and saddens me that as far as I know, there has been no statement from the 17 yr old kids family saying they are sorry for what their son did to her, or something along those lines. Just seems like there has been virtual silence from the suspects family, seems kind of odd to me. But perhaps he doesn't have much in the way of family and that is part of what happened to make him do such horrible things to others. SMH. I still can't wrap my brain around it.

Looks like at first a person the victim knew did it. Now, it turns out a teenager did it. Even more disturbing.

Jaime Tinoco Murder Trial On Hold
A judge has approved a three-month delay in the trial of a convicted rapist accused of killing a Washington County woman in August 2014.

(
...)

Opening statements had been scheduled to start this week in the trial of Jaime Tinoco-Camarena. He’s charged with aggravated murder in the stabbing death of Nicole Laube.

Prosecutors: Tinoco killed ‘to see what it felt like’

In the taped confession, prosecutors told the jury, Tinoco said he intended to rape and kill Laube. He added he “was thinking about doing the same thing” to Laube as he did to the woman in Eugene, but didn’t because Laube “screamed real loud.”

He also told the detectives in the video killing her made him “feel powerful” and “high all day.”

As for why he killed her, Tinoco said on tape: “To see what it felt like.”

In their opening statements, Tinoco’s defense attorneys argued there is no scientific DNA linking him to Laube’s murder and that he is not the only person who confessed to the crime. He was arrested 7 months after her murder.

Defense attorney Scott Sharp said Tinoco’s confession is “the admission of a pressured kid and a product of his mentally ill mind.”

Jaime Tinoco murder trial opens with couple who tried to help victim

Laube was holding her hand up to her chest when the couple first saw her, they said. At first, there was barely any blood appearing on her shirt. Ogle and his wife tried to move her up to their apartment where they could lock the door because they were concerned for her safety but they said Laube couldn't make it so they just sat with her on the stairs. Soon, testified the woman, Laube stopped responding to her questions.

When Matthew Minter, a Washington County Sheriff's deputy arrived, the 9-1-1 caller helped him moved Laube before medical responders arrived to the ground level, where Minter saw her "stop breathing and die," prosecutors said.

"I asked her, 'Who stabbed you?'" Ogle testified. She said, 'I don't know. He's wearing cargo pants and a black hoodie."

Closing arguments expected in Jaime Tinoco case

Jury: Jaime Tinoco guilty in Nicole Laube murder

http://koin.com/2017/06/13/jury-jaime-tinoco-murder-trial-nicole-laube-06132017/

The jury of 3 men and 11 women (including the 2 alternates) found Tinoco guilty of both aggravated murder and unlawful use of a weapon in the brutal slaying of the 29-year-old mother of 4.

Because Tinoco was 17 when he killed Laube, he will not face the death penalty. However he does face life in prison — either with or without parole.The Laube family would prefer life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The sentencing phase will begin Wednesday. This process could last several days.

Jaime Tinoco-Camarena sentenced to life without parole for murder of Nicole Laube

http://www.kptv.com/story/35677254/jaime-tinoco-camarena-sentenced-to-life-without-parole-for-murder-of-nicole-laube

Two days after being found guilty of the aggravated murder of Nicole Laube, Jaime Tinoco-Camarena was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Thursday.

After the sentence was handed down Laube's parents spoke directly to Tinoco-Camarena for the first time.

"I wanted him to understand the pain and the hurt that he has inflicted not just on us but on so many people," Laube's father Rich Jones said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back