OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow I'll post Stephanie's Facebook link on my Facebook page. Every little bit helps! If LE and her family aren't beating the drum, her friends and WS members can make some noise.

Has there ever been any discussion about putting up a billboard in Stephanie's community or at least on a road that the POI travels. Maybe those strange young men in the truck will see the billboard and come forward <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>.

Thanks RainyAlaska. Every little bit certainly does help.

I don't know if a billboard has ever been discussed. We're not even sure where POI is anymore.

I think it would be hilarious if the young men in the green truck came forward and said "Huh? Gave who a ride? Nah, he's delusional."

While researching something on another thread (thanks to Zweibel), I ran across this article by David Van Norman, the coroner in San Bernardino county, CA. He talks about what to do if your loved one goes missing.

He stresses the importance of submitting a DNA sample right away. It can take months to develop a profile. I hope Stephanie's family has done this. If not, I hope they will read this article and do what it says.

(snipped by me for space)

My brother went missing in March 2007 and I immediately insisted that my DNA was put into CODIS. Six and a half years later (10/2013) my brother's remains were found and it was his DNA that matched my DNA in CODIS for positive identification.

My brother went missing in March 2007 and I immediately insisted that my DNA was put into CODIS. Six and a half years later (10/2013) my brother's remains were found and it was his DNA that matched my DNA in CODIS for positive identification.

{{{{{{{kaelee}}}}}}} I'm so very sorry about your brother. I skimmed his thread. What an ordeal for 6.5 years not knowing. You are a wonderful sister and you did everything right. I'm sorry you had such a hard time getting LE to communicate with you. Inexcusable IMO.

Thank you for confirming the importance of providing a DNA sample right at the beginning. I hope Stephanie's family has done this. If not, maybe one of them will read what you wrote and do it.

Welcome, by the way. :seeya:

While researching something on another thread (thanks to Zweibel), I ran across this article by David Van Norman, the coroner in San Bernardino county, CA. He talks about what to do if your loved one goes missing.

He stresses the importance of submitting a DNA sample right away. It can take months to develop a profile. I hope Stephanie's family has done this. If not, I hope they will read this article and do what it says.

So sorry about your brother, but so glad you finally found him.

I just saw on a thread that Jacksonville police were working with another LE department in Florida because a body had been found. It gave me a nasty start until I saw there's a Jacksonville in Florida as well as Oregon.

January 4th is not far away and that will be the six month of Stephanie being missing. It would be wonderful if a real vigil could be arranged for her in the community, but we could also have an online one, with candles and flowers for her here, and in as many other places as we can think of. Maybe we can make a new flyer for that anniversary too - that would at least give the media something to write about, if there is nothing else.

Thinking about Stephanie today. It's been five months. Where is she? Someone knows something.

Hugs to her friends and family.

:grouphug:

Kaelee2 I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. That had to be so hard to go that long "not knowing". I think that the "not knowing" is the hardest thing to go through. May he rest in peace and your family & friends find peace in remembering the happy times you had together.

I would like to welcome you & thank you for joining the thread Kaelee2. :wagon: This missing case is really sad because we are all guessing what happened but there has not been any news in 2 months.

Today is 5 months and still NOTHING!

For Stephanie who has now been gone for 5 months. The answers are out there somewhere.

I dont.... and just to be clear, he is a friend of friends... i don't know him.

BBM

Thank you, OUOTP. Yes, I know you don't know Sam Hoyt. That's why I called him "your friend of a friend" in my post. :) You sounded so worried when you asked us to set up a page for him that I thought you might have been in touch with your friends recently. I'm very sorry he hasn't been found yet.

It's coming up to Christmas and I know these guys would pull out all the stops for Stephanie...
http://jacksoncountyor.org/sheriff/Divisions/SearchandRescue.aspx

....if these guys can give them some idea of where to look. Talking of looking; zoom in on that whiteboard behind the detective's left arm. See that word, in red? What's the betting someone wrote that because they'd just heard the story of Stephanie's vague 'last seen' at the Ruch store and the mysterious green van?
http://jacksoncountyor.org/sheriff/Divisions/CriminalInvestigations.aspx

Does anyone know what colors Stephanie likes? Flowers? Crafts or arts? Or practical things? I know she helped out the Jackson firewood charity - would that have meant she actually chopped wood?

I am full of admiration if she did; I had to give a fine load of timber away because me and hubby nearly did ourselves serious mischief trying to chop it up into manageable bits. Hubby collects tools from DDR (communist) times. The head of the axe he was using flew off and whizzed past his ear.

Does anyone know what colors Stephanie likes? Flowers? Crafts or arts? Or practical things? I know she helped out the Jackson firewood charity - would that have meant she actually chopped wood?

I am full of admiration if she did; I had to give a fine load of timber away because me and hubby nearly did ourselves serious mischief trying to chop it up into manageable bits. Hubby collects tools from DDR (communist) times. The head of the axe he was using flew off and whizzed past his ear.

Maybe one of her NOLA friends or Dicentra knows what Stephanie's likes.

She could have chopped wood. She looks pretty strong in the video. The wood lot is visible when we take the north Ashland freeway exit and there are lots of pieces lying around waiting to be cut up. Or she may have loaded it to be delivered. Whatever she did, I'm sure she was a valued volunteer.

I'm glad your hubby dodged the ax head! Wood heat is dangerous! Mine was attacked in the shoulder when his chain saw bucked cutting up some limbs. Fortunately, by the time it got through his jacket, it wasn't too deep. But he did need stitches. I like our gas heat and faux fireplace just fine. :)

Hi everyone. As most here know, I'm not really a poster but read everyday. When I can offer info, I chime in.
Thank you zwiebel for being here, I love the way you think!! A huge thanks to you and Lilibet for keeping this thread alive!

Stephanie loved butterflies. If you look at her tattoos, I think you will get a good idea of colors. I can also ask her tattoo artist. I think Dicentra said she did actually cut wood, that was one of the causes of her weight loss. She was definitely strong enough, a tough cookie! Stephanie would send my daughter packages every so often filled with goodies (art supplies, books) and she would decorate the boxes with stickers, writing, painting. We always knew it was a package from Stephanie. Makes me sad thinking about it. What sweet memories! If anything else comes to me, I will post.
Thanks again, everyone. Missing Stephanie everyday!

Stephanie also loved pictures. We have a small album from her and on the back of each pic is a little description. She had a great sense of humor and her descriptions are quite funny! One day I will find the time to post some of them and share her humor with you all.

for ashley, thank you so much for that information. Every single thing that can help strangers feel they know Stephanie, and she is someone they can care about, is so, so helpful.

If you ever get a chance to post one of her picture descriptions, it would be fantastic. I know it's easy for me to say now you've told us, but I did think Stephanie would have a good sense of humor when I first saw her photos. She just looks so spirited and vital. Life-loving and life-affirming.

The absolute opposite, I'm sure, of the person who disappeared her.

This is just an interesting link to a video discussion I wanted to share. It's on deception detection but a much more thoughtful take than the usual 'if someone does this, they're lying'. It also contains the most chilling example of the 'duper's delight' smile I have ever, ever seen. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

http://www.ted.com/talks/pamela_meyer_how_to_spot_a_liar.html?quote=1110

BBM

TED Talks are great. Thanks for sharing this one.

You're probably talking about the video of Diane Downs' duper's delight smile. The Oregonians here will remember her. Chilling indeed.

OT....We're having early abnormally extreme winter weather here in southern Oregon. There's about 5 inches of snow at our house (more in the hills) and we got down below zero early this morning. At least it's sunny, but this should last through Monday. Brrrrrrrrr.

The driving conditions are terrible, and on the news last night they mentioned that people were having trouble getting home to the Applegate valley because of accidents blocking the road.

I so wanted Stephanie to be found before winter. :(

I don't like to swear but I'm... :mad: :steamed: :furious: :rage: :rage:.....#%$&@%#$&@&$#%
How do people live with themselves??!! Oh right, they blame the victim and other people.

It's sad, because the weather means any searches will have to stop.

Forgive me, those of you who know and love Stephanie and are hoping for her safe return, but I think there are some reasons the cold may prove to be her friend, too.

If Stephanie is deceased, and is outside, she will be preserved as she is, until thaws come. The snow will mean that tracks become noticeable, and that means animal tracks leading to and from a body will become noticeable to human eyes too. Jennifer Ramsaran was found in just that way, by a NY state farmer walking his land and looking twice at animal tracks.

I'm sorry to be so graphic, but it is too important that Stephanie comes home, not to consider all the possibilities. I think over the coming weeks, it might be a very good idea to try and get word out that people in the woods and wilderness should keep their eyes open - simply - for signs of a disturbed grave. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member