OR OR - Troy Carney, 44, Central Point, 4 Sept 2008

The Tommy Foundation stepped up to the plate, in support and organizational help. Anyone who suffers through the disappearance of a family member should be aware of their knowledge, expertise and support. When tragedy strikes, it is good to know where to turn and that is to the Tommy Foundation. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts.

It was their idea to offer seeds of forget-me-not. It is our hope to support law enforcement and bring conscious awareness of these crimes, justice and solutions. We thank all who lit a candle, here or at home. We seek justice because the victims cannot.

Linda Lewis<snipped>

http://www.dailytidings.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110602/OPINION04/106020303

Linda, do you believe there is a link between the two murders? I read that the two scenes were destroyed by fires which were set intentionally. Did these two guys know each other in any way? Sorry for all of the questions! This just seems like such a senseless killing to me. I am sorry for your loss. x

Okay the mask has me intrigued. First, you don't need a mask to disguise yourself if you intend to kill your victim. If worn at a campsite it would be very noticeable and would draw attention to yourself. In the other man's home, it wouldn't be needed, if he was the only one home and he killed the only eye witness. So why the mask? If there were prints, they must not be on file for any other convictions. Why leave it behind? So this makes me wonder what was the purpose of it? Who sells those masks in the area? Have they looked at any video of places that do sell masks? Just stuff I think of....

I googled Wolverine and the x-men and found this in one Wikipedia link.

Artist Frank Miller collaborated with Claremont and helped to revise the character with a four-part eponymous limited series from September to December 1982 in which Wolverine's catchphrase, "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice," debuted.

Wolverine was typical of the many tough anti-authority antiheroes that emerged in American popular culture after the Vietnam War;

BBM I wonder if he thinks he is connected to this character in some way or has some connection to the character?

This mask may have been purchased the year before, only because these are usually available around Halloween. So Troy was killed 9/4/08 that was nearly 2 months before Halloween. I wonder if LE checked out any costume places or rental places for sales the year before? It would be a long shot, but you never know. Also maybe Mental Health community would have a idea if anyone had a fixation on super heros. I know the HIPPA laws wouldn't let them give out patient names, but maybe they could be of some assistance.

Troy was actually killed the evening of Labor day, sometime after midnight and before 4:am. Sept. 2nd. We know this for sure cause I tried to call him that morning on Sept. 2nd, 6:am Oregon time.
I called him over & over, he didn't answer his phone . I knew something was very wrong. His body was found on Sept. 4th, late afternoon. I spoke with Troy that afternoon. (Labor Day), They found who owned the Mask. It belonged to the guy that was camped near Troy. That was the campsite that was abandoned in a hurry the night Troy was killed. At first the person told Detectives he didn't know anything about the Mask, them later told them it belonged to his kids. He had two son's 9 & twelve years old that were camped with him. He is/was a person of interest.
Another person of interest, Ben Daniel Stephens was also camped near Troy. Almost a year later Stephens was arrested for the Murder of Cody Wade Bruce. Aug. 9, 2009. He is now in OR prison. Judge only gave him ten years.
Troy never ever told anyone where he would camped out. It was just his sleeping bag, no Tent. He was hidden under a bush.
Who ever killed Troy had to know where he was sleeping.. I checked the moon that night, dark moon. Detectives have Troy on survaillance video leaving the Pilot truck stop at 6:pm, Labor day. Video shows him walking across the parking lot, no one following him, & no one would have been able to find him where he was, so had to be one of those two people.
Has to be.. They didn't bother to polygraph them cause they were/are drug addicts. Detectives need to talk to whoever were friends with Stephens & the other guy. They are all trainsients..Linda...Troy's mom

Cops also said people in the area admitted hearing the shot, but no one reported it, so he wasn't found till two & half day's later.
The day Troy was found, that morning about 4am, Dave Lewis was murdered. They say tied him up & burned his house down with him in it.
Had to be more then one person. At that same time they set another cabin on fire to take the focus off Dave's cabin. Cops say there is a link between Troy & Daves murder.
Troy didn't know Dave Lewis, but nine day's after Troy was murdered, someone went back and burned Troy's crime scene. Cop say to get rid of evidence they remembered they left behind. Maybe they remembered the Mask that was left at that other camp site. There was a small dome tent there & the Mask was propped up next to a tree like it was on display.
Very disturbing. Troy's mom

I don't believe there is a link.. I never did. The guy with the 2 son's??
That afternoon I talked to troy, he told me he met this guy camped near him that had 2 kids.. Maybe the guy wore the mask so Troy wouldn't know who he was, but it don't make sence. Why would he care if Troy knew who he was, Troy would be dead. Troy was sleeping when he was killed. Not robbed. He had not been in a fight that day or night cause no marks on his body or hands. No one heard any shouting..Killed about 3:am, very dark. Cops say it was very dry, no rain for a couple weeks. Troy would have heard someone walking up to him. Twigs snapping..

You can ask me anything you want. I will help in any way I can..
I have gone over & over this in my head. The killer had to know where Troy was sleeping. They had too. Wish I could be more help. Detectives tell me next to nothing. Everyone they talked to at the Pilot say he was a very nice friendly guy & were shocked that anyone would want to kill him.

Troy had an MP3 player that he listened to alot. He loved music. I thought maybe he was listening to it & didn't hear the killer walk up to him, but Cops say they found it in his shoe next to his Cell phone. The cord was neatly wrapped around it, so he had put it away before he fell asleep.
The charge had run out on his phone cause I kept calling him over & over those 2 day's. They recharge it & found all my calls, that's how they found me.
I keep trying to put the pieces together.

Linda, thank you for the information. What a horrible nightmare! I wonder if Troy talked to either of these people earlier in the evening and for whatever reason they got angry? Maybe they were high or something?

This just breaks my heart and I want SO MUCH for Troy to have justice!!!

Troy was actually killed the evening of Labor day, sometime after midnight and before 4:am. Sept. 2nd. We know this for sure cause I tried to call him that morning on Sept. 2nd, 6:am Oregon time.
I called him over & over, he didn't answer his phone . I knew something was very wrong. His body was found on Sept. 4th, late afternoon. I spoke with Troy that afternoon. (Labor Day), They found who owned the Mask. It belonged to the guy that was camped near Troy. That was the campsite that was abandoned in a hurry the night Troy was killed. At first the person told Detectives he didn't know anything about the Mask, them later told them it belonged to his kids. He had two son's 9 & twelve years old that were camped with him. He is/was a person of interest.
Another person of interest, Ben Daniel Stephens was also camped near Troy. Almost a year later Stephens was arrested for the Murder of Cody Wade Bruce. Aug. 9, 2009. He is now in OR prison. Judge only gave him ten years.
Troy never ever told anyone where he would camped out. It was just his sleeping bag, no Tent. He was hidden under a bush.
Who ever killed Troy had to know where he was sleeping.. I checked the moon that night, dark moon. Detectives have Troy on survaillance video leaving the Pilot truck stop at 6:pm, Labor day. Video shows him walking across the parking lot, no one following him, & no one would have been able to find him where he was, so had to be one of those two people.
Has to be.. They didn't bother to polygraph them cause they were/are drug addicts. Detectives need to talk to whoever were friends with Stephens & the other guy. They are all trainsients..Linda...Troy's mom

Linda I am so sorry for all you have been though and the loss of your son. I pray you will get answers someday. Thank you for all the info. I am glad you know something about the mask, but I feel like you, why did he need it? It could be that someone knew it was one of the kids (thought they left it behind) and just propped it up in case they came back???? If you son and David were both shot, maybe the bullets match and that is how they know the killings are connected??? My thoughts are it could be Ben as he is a convicted killer, I will have to see If I can read about what happened there.

Just a thought again about the mask, do kids run around with masks at Labor Day? I don't have boys, but do they play with them at that age?

Thanks again,
Bern

Detectives told me they were all Drug and alcohol abusers.
They found no trace of drugs in Troy's system or on him.
He wasn't a dealer.. They search the area with medel detectors & divers went down in the creek, no gun found..

For me, I don't think it was bought for holloween cause it was a month before holloween.
Back in February a reporter from NBC Dateline (Eric Mason) called me. I have been sending flyers to business near where Troy was, sent out a hundred sent out 25 more in just this last week, asking poeple to post them in their windows. Erick Mason saw one & picked it up and called me. He also called Dave Lewis sister (Linda Lewis).
He investagated both cases. I don't know what he found out about Dave Lewis, but he said no way did Ben Stephens kill Troy cause he strangled Cody Wade Bruce then beat him over the head with a chunk of wood. Mason said he would have killed Troy that same way.
I think he is wrong, only because it had to be someone that knew where Troy was sleeping. Ben Knew..
I was also told that Stephens killed Cody Bruce cause he was having a sexual thing going on with him & maybe Cody said no that time so Stephens killed him. After I heard that, I wondered if Stephens approached Troy for sex & Troy said no, so Stephens killed him.

For me, I don't think it was bought for holloween cause it was a month before holloween.
Back in February a reporter from NBC Dateline (Eric Mason) called me. I have been sending flyers to business near where Troy was, sent out a hundred sent out 25 more in just this last week, asking poeple to post them in their windows. Erick Mason saw one & picked it up and called me. He also called Dave Lewis sister (Linda Lewis).
He investagated both cases. I don't know what he found out about Dave Lewis, but he said no way did Ben Stephens kill Troy cause he strangled Cody Wade Bruce then beat him over the head with a chunk of wood. Mason said he would have killed Troy that same way.
I think he is wrong, only because it had to be someone that knew where Troy was sleeping. Ben Knew..
I was also told that Stephens killed Cody Bruce cause he was having a sexual thing going on with him & maybe Cody said no that time so Stephens killed him. After I heard that, I wondered if Stephens approached Troy for sex & Troy said no, so Stephens killed him.

One of the last individuals known to be in the vicinity of a murder victim who goes on to be convicted of a different murder ??? really? this guy should be carefully looked at no matter what his method was or wasn't, he's already a convicted murderer!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back