OR OR - Troy Carney, 44, Central Point, 4 Sept 2008

I agree. He may have gotten rid of the gun, sold it, or tossed it. He may have used a different method because he didn't have a gun for the above reasons.

Hi- I just wanted to put this out there to see what people could do with it:
A few months (Nov 2011) ago David Michael Grubbs was murdered under mysterious circumstances in Ashland, OR not far from Central Point. Some people wonder if this could be committed by the same person who killed Troy.

There is a link. Similar cases. Arsons and fires.
Look at the Keno quarry advertisements and the medical marijuana arrests being made. Troy had lived in the area years before. He knew people from his past.
Look at what is going on there. Black market and pot cartels.

It would appear that this Joseph Henry Burgess character could be responsible for many horrific crimes that he was never held responsible for, in this life. It surely would have been good to have taken him alive and drawn out of him some information regarding his various crimes. But that was not to be, and a law enforcement officer died in the exchange of gun fire that ended Burgess' life of crime.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30993
My condolences Linda.......

Is there any indication Burgess is involved in USA homicides ? Odd commentary?

It would appear that this Joseph Henry Burgess character could be responsible for many horrific crimes that he was never held responsible for, in this life. It surely would have been good to have taken him alive and drawn out of him some information regarding his various crimes. But that was not to be, and a law enforcement officer died in the exchange of gun fire that ended Burgess' life of crime.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30993
My condolences Linda.......

Is there any reason to believe Burgess was involved in Oregon killings ? :jail:

On the local Medford, Oregon KTVL 10 news tonight, the Sheriff Dept. announced that it has dedicated two employees* to investigate cold cases. Troy Carney is one of the first two that will be re-investigated. Dave Lewis, who was murdered the same day, is the other. Good news!

*These may be volunteers, come to think of it. They both (a man and a woman) looked close to or past retirement age and are said to have many years experience in LE). The man said they would look for anything that may have been missed and interview people in hopes they might remember something.

I found the video! http://www.ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/ktvl_vid_8433.shtml

According to the local news article and video quoted and linked below, investigators have concluded that there is no connection between the murders of Troy Carney and Dave Lewis. They are concentrating on Dave's now because they believe it is more solvable. Here's hoping they solve it quickly and can turn their attention to Troy's case.

"Lewis’s body was found in the charred rubble of his home on the summit of Dead Indian Memorial Road. That same day, another body was found, belonging to transient man Troy Carney. The deaths fueled speculation that the two were connected, but investigators say new evidence suggests otherwise.
“We can find absolutely no connection between the two investigations, because of that we are now treating them as separate homicide investigations,” Pollock added.
Now the immediate focus is on Lewis, a case considered to be more solvable."

http://www.kdrv.com/ashland-high-profile-murder-case-resumes/

Joseph Henry Burgess makes a compelling suspect in that case, assuming he was still alive in 2004. If it is him however, I don't see why he would have attacked Carney who doesn't seem to fit his victim profile. Were the other people camping near Carney's site ever identified?

Ugh. Is there any chance Keyes had a hand in this? He was know for arson, shooting and strangling his victims.

From the Keyes timeline located here.

Israel Keyes Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

June 1 - September 1, 1997: Abduction and rape of unknown female near Maupin, Oregon

Summer 1997 or Summer 1998: Keyes stated he abducted a female in the late afternoon or early evening while she and friends were tubing on the Deschutes River. Keyes sexually assaulted the female. He let her go and sent her on her tube back down the river. The victim in this case was between 14 and 18 years old. Investigators do not believe this sexual assault was reported to law enforcement. Keyes was living in Maupin, Oregon at the time and the abduction location is believed to be near Maupin.

10/23/1997: 511 Poplar St, Constable, NY
Keyes bought this house October 23, 1997. it has 10 acres, most of it wooded. also an artesian well.

1998: Maupin, OR
FB states that in 1998 Keyes' parents had a phone in their name in Maupin, OR.. no other info at this time.

ca. 1996- 1998: Oregon
first crime - Keyes raped a 14 - 16 year old girl along the Deschutes River near Maupin, Oregon in the summer sometime from 1996 - 1998.

And a big shout out to GGE for this awesome time line!:seeya:

ETA, nm, I think he was in the army during this murder. I will cross check it to be sure tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back