OR OR - Williams, wooded area of Holkum Peak, UncFem 14-18, UP11638, Brown sweater, May'78

She really looks native to me. I was thinking about the Highway of Tears cases. Maybe she's Canadian?

Looking through the Canadian missing persons, she resembled so many native women I saw.

Here are a few cases that looked like the artists sketch:

Lori Lee Kasprick:
www.doenetwork.org/cases/3557dfab.html

Marie Norma Mike:
Www.doenetwork.org/cases/1970dfsk.html

Deborah Deane Richardson:
Www.doenetwork.org/cases/2330dfmb.html

This girl has a strong resemblance, and she was travelling to California, but she went missing earlier that year, so it likely isn't her. How do they determine exactly how long the bones have been there?

Mary Francis Gregory
www.doenetwork.org/cases/350dfon.html

I contacted the NAMUS contact with Amy Billig's info; she said she would look into it and pass it on to the investigating agencies.

Ok, so I'm going to list people it could be based on geographics and comparison to the recon. How many years does it take for skeletal remains start decomposing? The NamUs page says that they only recovered partial skeletal parts. I 'm asking so I have a general date range to look through, so I don't suggest someone from 1970 if this UID had only been dead for <5 years.

They'll never find AB [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca Rodriguez:

dd167e39c2af67f0b6df0733df80c240.jpg

I really need your help with this ladies and gents! I'm totally new to sleuthing and I need some reassurances that the people i'm finding are possibly matching. I'm scared to submit too many profiles to NAMUS/Doe Network. (I have a lot of time to devot to this, finding people has become my second job atm [emoji23]).

If you believe the photos circumstances match just give a yay or nay, and I will submit.

That looks like a good start, and a good possible match. You need to look at all her pages (Namus, Charley, Doenet, Porchlight, state). Google for news articles from when she went missing to see if you can find more about the circumstances.

It's always a good idea to include a comparison of the missing person so we can see what matches and what doesn't. Adding the links to her pages makes it a lot easier for other people to check out the conclusions.

Ok, so I'm going to list people it could be based on geographics and comparison to the recon. How many years does it take for skeletal remains start decomposing? The NamUs page says that they only recovered partial skeletal parts. I 'm asking so I have a general date range to look through, so I don't suggest someone from 1970 if this UID had only been dead for <5 years.
I always assumed (probably totally incorrectly), that people who live in warm/humid climates would show a quicker rate of decomp? I'm not a scientist, so I dont know that it's true. I only base that on the climate I currently live in, as I feel like im melting in the sun. I wonder how they determine the rate? For example, wouldnt someone from say... California where it's quite warm decompose more quickly than someone from Canada where the climate is cooler?

Advice from advanced sleuthers?

That looks like a good start, and a good possible match. You need to look at all her pages (Namus, Charley, Doenet, Porchlight, state). Google for news articles from when she went missing to see if you can find more about the circumstances.

It's always a good idea to include a comparison of the missing person so we can see what matches and what doesn't. Adding the links to her pages makes it a lot easier for other people to check out the conclusions.
Thanks carbuff, sorry!

I'm not convinced the circumstances match. My only thoughts were that if I were a murderer and had a car, I would probably drive the person far away, but that is just me, not everyone thinks that way. Again, with the decomp, i'm totally unsurr. I try to follow what's listed, but I know there have been some cases where information from the UID ended up being completely different, so i try to make sure all the circumstances COULD be possible, plus the UID and missing look somewhat alike.

I know you've been here a long time (I lurked for over a year before I got this account), so i really value your judgement!

Edit: looking at the distance from concord, where the car was last seen, it's about a 5 hour drive. That seems pretty far to drive someone and dump them, but the man driving with them wasnt seen until the next morning, so it's possible. I dont see any news articles about the missing girl.

I wonder if this case is related to Cave Junction/Annie Doe. The TOD is years prior for this JD, and Annie was found in 1971 approx 30 miles away. I'm not saying the two women are relatives, but that the crimes may have been committed by the same person?

Wow, that's a crazy case. She, her sister, and the sister's boyfriend are all missing?

Here's the sister's Namus: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Charley Project shows a different picture for Rebecca: Rebecca Rodriguez – The Charley Project The Charley Project blog includes this information:

"Anyway, the person said the only photo that I (and NamUs) have for Rebecca is wrong. Its a school yearbook photo and there were two girls named Rebecca Rodriguez in that class. The person sent me a scan of the yearbook page with the two Rebeccas side by side. Ive changed my Rebeccas photo accordingly. I thought I should let people know this."

rodriguez_rebecca.jpg

Wow, that's a crazy case. She, her sister, and the sister's boyfriend are all missing?

Here's the sister's Namus: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Charley Project shows a different picture for Rebecca: Rebecca Rodriguez – The Charley Project The Charley Project blog includes this information:

"Anyway, the person said the only photo that I (and NamUs) have for Rebecca is wrong. Its a school yearbook photo and there were two girls named Rebecca Rodriguez in that class. The person sent me a scan of the yearbook page with the two Rebeccas side by side. Ive changed my Rebeccas photo accordingly. I thought I should let people know this."

View attachment 101842

Thank you! For whatever reason, I can't seem to access any of the Charley project, so thats very helpful.

It is an interesting case. Now youve submitted this photo, i'm not sure they really match. Thanks!

Thank you! For whatever reason, I can't seem to access any of the Charley project, so thats very helpful.

It is an interesting case. Now youve submitted this photo, i'm not sure they really match. Thanks!

There's a lot to like about the match. Holcomb Peak is only just over the Oregon border from California, and there's no positive indication that the three came to harm immediately; in fact, with the car, they could have driven themselves to Oregon and come to harm there, so it's not necessarily an issue of traveling with a body. The resemblance isn't as close with the other picture, but it's still in the ballpark.

The main thing that gives me pause is that according to Namus, both Rebecca and the UID have DNA available, so it ought to have been picked up by the system if there was a match.

A few more possibilities: Niki Britten, despite her claims of working in New York during her phone call home, her SSN hasn't been active since her disappearance. It may be the case that she never left Oregon. Niki Diane Britten – The Charley Project Barbara Bryson Barbara Ann Bryson – The Charley Project. May be unlikely long shots, but also: Dorothy Clitheroe Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe – The Charley Project and Andria Bailey, a lot of unknowns with her case including the exact year of her disappearance. Andria Ann Bailey – The Charley Project

The main thing that gives me pause is that according to Namus, both Rebecca and the UID have DNA available, so it ought to have been picked up by the system if there was a match.

Not necessarily. I e-mailed NamUs a couple years ago about this and was told that the system doesn't automatically compare identifiers. It does automatically generate a list of potential matches who fit the person's description, but a comparison has to be requested manually.

Not necessarily. I e-mailed NamUs a couple years ago about this and was told that the system doesn't automatically compare identifiers. It does automatically generate a list of potential matches who fit the person's description, but a comparison has to be requested manually.

NamUs doesn't automatically compare identifiers, but CODIS does with DNA, AFIS does with fingerprints, and NCIC does with dentals.

But the comparison is only done if both the MP and UID have those identifiers in those systems. And it is a little more complicated with DNA in CODIS. Not only do the DNA profiles for both MP and UID have to be in the systems, but also they must be the right kind of DNA.

For an automated mitochondrial DNA comparison to take place, the DNA must come either from the MP themselves, or if it is a Family Reference Sample, it must come from a family member in the maternal line.

For an automated nuclear DNA comparison to take place, the DNA must come either from the MP themselves, or if it is a FRS, it must come from two or more close family members ("close" usually meaning parents, offspring, or siblings).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back