GUILTY OR - Yashanee Vaughn, 14, Portland, 19 March 2011

How sad, rest in peace Sweetheart....

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/03/portland_police_say_yashawnee.html

Portland police say Yashawnee Vaughn, a missing Southeast Portland girl, is dead; teen arrested, accused of murder

"Portland police have arrested a 16-year-old boy on an allegation of murder in the disappearance of 14-year-old Yashawnee Vaughn.

Evidence suggests Vaughn was killed on Saturday, March 19, the same day she was last seen and two days before her mother called Portland police to report her daughter missing.

Police arrested 16-year-old Parrish Bennette in connection with Vaughn's death earlier today. He has been charged with one count of murder and is lodged in the Multnomah County Juvenile Detention Center....."

more at link

Oh, that is so sad. God bless her family and friends.

Even tho it seems the Portland police were slow at the draw on working the case, they certainly solved it quickly. Someone must have seen him with her on the bus or getting off it. I wonder if she knew this guy? Just thinking is all. Both the busses and Max can be pretty scary at times. I've seen several sexual exhibitionists traveling, well years ago that is.

xox

My brother rides the Max regularly. He says some of the characters on there are quite skeery and this comes from a man who was a Marine AND a correctional officer!

My brother rides the Max regularly. He says some of the characters on there are quite skeery and this comes from a man who was a Marine AND a correctional officer!

Hi Kimster, They still haven't found her? I'll have to turn on the local news. xox

So sorry to read this. :( RIP Yashawnee, I hope it is a comfort to those who loved you to know you are smiling that lovely smile all the time now.

I wonder if this was the person that she ate dinner with the last day she was seen.

Oh no. :(
Rest in peace Yashawnee. :rose:

This is so sad. Two young lives wasted. Rest in peace baby girl.

How sad, rest in peace Sweetheart....

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/03/portland_police_say_yashawnee.html

Portland police say Yashawnee Vaughn, a missing Southeast Portland girl, is dead; teen arrested, accused of murder

"Portland police have arrested a 16-year-old boy on an allegation of murder in the disappearance of 14-year-old Yashawnee Vaughn.

Evidence suggests Vaughn was killed on Saturday, March 19, the same day she was last seen and two days before her mother called Portland police to report her daughter missing.

Police arrested 16-year-old Parrish Bennette in connection with Vaughn's death earlier today. He has been charged with one count of murder and is lodged in the Multnomah County Juvenile Detention Center....."

more at link

Don't they hold back on naming the suspect when they are under age?
hmm

This is so odd. The boy was smart enough to hide a body, but not smart enough to wash his sheets? How can it be determined that she died the very night she disappeared. What evidence could they have to determine that?

I have many questions, and hope to get some rational answers, but I fear LE is being quick to dispose of this story and hinder a lawsuit. This is jmo though, at this time.

So-did he confess but not say where she is? :(

They didn't say Clu, except they'd have more info on the 11pm News.

Something tells me it won't take long to find her - just a gut feeling. I could see a kid like this putting her under a house, in a crawl space, and not far from where she died which might be his house, right? We don't know if he has a car which would make a big difference.

On that side of the freeway it is very populated, right. On the east side there is that big hill where the Veterans Cemetary is. I can't imagine it was pre-meditated. If it was an accident he probably panicked and would have to get help from a buddy, don't you think?

Yea, something tells me it won't take long to find her. I hope LE has the opportunity to grill him in the box. He's probably at the Roger Long Juvie Center and I don't know how they operate. All my opinion trying to sort out something we know nothing about :banghead:

hmm

Good point Yosande, I was surprised to see his name in the article. Could that hurt his rights to a fair trial?

Maybe if he confessed they were able to release his name. Don't know. He didn't look very big did he?

I'll go see if there was anything about the case on the scanner.

very sad... may she RIP and be found to bring the family peace

hmm

This is so odd. The boy was smart enough to hide a body, but not smart enough to wash his sheets? How can it be determined that she died the very night she disappeared. What evidence could they have to determine that?

I have many questions, and hope to get some rational answers, but I fear LE is being quick to dispose of this story and hinder a lawsuit. This is jmo though, at this time.

Interesting Yosande, If blood has been on a sheet for 10 days do you think it would attract little critters? It would depend on the amount, right? if so they could date it by that.

I wonder if he has lawyered up. He's been in custody for 6 hours now.

On Channel 12 {FOX} at 10 they have their news. I'll watch it right at 10 as it will probably be the top story tonight. The Mentalist can wait for a few minutes. xox

The title of this thread says "Found Deceased", but they don't have her body yet, right? The MSM article I read says they found her DNA on his bed and I'm guessing they got a confession maybe, but I don't think they found her yet.

She has not been found. But he was arrested for her murder.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_204867822875849&notif_t=group_activity
FB page changed to Yashawnee Vaughn RIP We want justice.
Search is still on for Sat.
===================

http://www.katu.com/news/local/119027884.html
Police said they’ve served search warrants and collected evidence at two locations though they won’t say where those locations are. They also haven’t said how or why Yashanee was murdered.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back