Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #69 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you make some great points here and you are absolutely correct in that under the same circumstances, if it was burglar in the home, this would be the end of the discussion and Oscar would be a hero.

This has got to be the single most absurd statement I've read in all 69 threads.

On what planet does blowing away an unarmed burglar through a closed door make someone a hero?!!

You make a great point here.

There were unsubstantiated, silly accusations that Masipa didn't write her own verdict, but rather one of the accessors wrote it and Masipa was forced to read it for the first time while on the bench, fumbling her way through.

If that's the case, there's nothing to say that Leach didn't bully the other SCA members to his own point of view. He was the most vocal during the hearing with the other SCA members mostly silent like mice during the hearing.

Mhiforme: how insulting you are being towards the professionalism and intelligence of Leach and other SCA members!
With respect, I strongly suggest that you cease and desist such a line of comment.

This is pathetic, really is

You want a link!! It’s someone’s opinion that’s all.

If you think Pistorius is such a great guy can you provide me a link to that[/QUOTE]

Can't post the link as it is a social profile, but word for word what you were asking. Of course, it is as you say "someone's opinion".

Oscar pistorius is a great guy. I LOVE oscar so much. I will support oscar everyday and every night

It’s my opinion that Pistorius is a great fat big pathological obsessive liar OK?

You don’t need a link to an opinion.

NOW answer the question, yet again.

Do you agree that Pistorius lies to avoid taking responsibility?

BIB This tone really reminds me of how Nel tried to bully Oscar, it's not going to work.

forgive me, snipped to point of reply.

re: the murder charge. and the recent 40 pages to/fro over ppd.
pistorius plea was not guilty.
his defence was ppd.

he had plenty of time to re-tell events of the evening to defence counsel. being the lone witness [and if he was telling the truth] i am sure his counsel advised him that ppd was the correct defence, and under that defence he would walk from the court room a free man at the end of the trial.

so, my question is, when masipa found him guilty of ch, why did he not appeal this?
was he happy with the ch verdict? surely an innocent man [i.e. one who acted genuinely under ppd] would not have been.

BIB, the answer is so obvious, there are a lot of innocent people sitting jails around the world convicted of an inappropriate charge. Appealing it could have been a risk and he simply weighted them.

As an example of his outrageous lying….

In 2012 Pistorius told the Sunday Times and tweeted to his fans to the affect ‘I drive a McLaren – a gift I got for myself for this Christmas and the next one’.

Only when it came to declaring his assets in the affidavit presented before the court in 2013 no £500,000 McLaren mentioned

Turns out it was a just a demo car belonging to a local dealership.

Lying comes natural to him. He expects people to believe even his most outrageous lies….like ‘I didn’t touch the trigger’ or ridiculous stories where names of witnesess are conveniently forgotten (well at least that got him a laugh in court)

BIB, let's look at this from the point of law. In your quote highlighted in bold, does he say he bought a McLaren? No, it says he drives one. One could lease a car, borrow a car or be provided a car by a sponsors. Another instance where Oscar didn't lie but anti-Pistorians read to much into his words.

So if he can obviously lie about a simple thing like gun going off just think how much more incentive he would have to lie to avoid being found guilty of murder

Two separate cases that the prosecution was desperate to try and relate to show as a pattern.

As Masipa pointed out about the arguments through text messages, relationships go up and down and those text messages were irrelevant to CH/Murder.

BIB, the answer is so obvious, there are a lot of innocent people sitting jails around the world convicted of an inappropriate charge. Appealing it could have been a risk and he simply weighted them.

So similar to other posters who can’t admit Pistorius lies to avoid responsibility you actually think he is innocent?

BIB, let's look at this from the point of law. In your quote highlighted in bold, does he say he bought a McLaren? No, it says he drives one. One could lease a car, borrow a car or be provided a car by a sponsors. Another instance where Oscar didn't lie but anti-Pistorians read to much into his words.

But you admit he lied outrageously about the Tasha incident to avoid taking responsibility

Can't post the link as it is a social profile, but word for word what you were asking. Of course, it is as you say "someone's opinion".

Oscar pistorius is a great guy. I LOVE oscar so much. I will support oscar everyday and every night[/FONT]

snipped

BIBs I appreciate the honesty Mihforme, but agree that it's inadvisable link to own Twitter account here on WS.

You echoed the accusation - you made the accusation. You do know how we arrive at the diagnosis?

(Clue: It's not from a reporter)

Even eminent psychs in the field of forensic psychiatry refer to their own diagnoses as "opinions", for very good reason.

Interesting to see the parsing of the original quote by Belgarion, as below:
"In 2012 Pistorius told the Sunday Times and tweeted to his fans to the affect ‘I drive a McLaren – a gift I got for myself for this Christmas and the next one’.

...."a gift I got for myself for this Christmas and the next one’- interpretation of that common phrase is unequivocal

It’s my opinion that Pistorius is a great fat big pathological obsessive liar OK?

You don’t need a link to an opinion.

NOW answer the question, yet again.

Do you agree that Pistorius lies to avoid taking responsibility?
....it's only your opinion.....he may well of lied, he's certainly not the first, but it's not enough to convict for murder.........

So similar to other posters who can’t admit Pistorius lies to avoid responsibility you actually think he is innocent?

.....if you think he is guilty, then show some proof.......it's as simple as that.....Masipa knew it. The state didn't prove the case, public opinion has got the better, it should of been acquittal due to lack of evidence.....hopefully the police would of learnt from this and do a better job next time.....

Even eminent psychs in the field of forensic psychiatry refer to their own diagnoses as "opinions", for very good reason.

Completely agree, but I am convinced that those eminent psychs don't tend to form that opinion based only on selected newspaper reports and TV footage of their patient's trial.

There has been no professional psych diagnosis of pistorius as a pathological liar or as a compulsive liar (two labels used with the assumed confidence of proven truth yesterday), which - i think - is what Trotterly was pointing out

Completely agree, but I am convinced that those eminent psychs don't tend to form that opinion based only on selected newspaper reports and TV footage of their patient's trial.

There has been no professional psych diagnosis of pistorius as a pathological liar or as a compulsive liar (two labels used with the assumed confidence of proven truth yesterday), which - i think - is what Trotterly was pointing out
So if I saw a 30-stone woman I couldn't say she was obese because it needs a professional diagnosis? If we witness someone lying (repeatedly) we can't say they're a compulsive liar because it needs a professional diagnosis? People don't need to be spoon fed the obvious. We can draw conclusions based on what we see and hear. Everyone who followed the trial knows the murderer is a liar and no amount of excuses is going to change that fact. He is a liar. The only way he can't be a liar is if every single witness was a liar instead. The odds? Close to zero.

.....if you think he is guilty, then show some proof.......it's as simple as that.....Masipa knew it. The state didn't prove the case, public opinion has got the better, it should of been acquittal due to lack of evidence.....hopefully the police would of learnt from this and do a better job next time.....

Don't be ridiculous, of course there is proof.

Masipa ignored it.

Yes, pathological lying is based on opinion and as with many psychological problems there is wide-ranging comment. However, most agree it is compulsive lying and often associated with underlying personality disorders of which most of us agree OP suffers but, typical of these people, they have an almost innate way of switching on the charm and fooling people around them. Here I am thinking of poor Reeva. If only she had moved on when she first encountered OP's troubling personality instead of trying to reason with him. As we know, partners are at particular risk with these types and violence is often encountered. So sad that this beautiful, loving, young lady should have crossed his path.

I am not attempting to answer posts from a few posters as I think they are pedantic timewasters. In fact, I don't even know what they have posted as I have selected to ignore their pathetic input. An opinion is an opinion, just that. Like many of us, I have concluded their comments add no real value to any discussion on these threads. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500