Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel concludes.
Roux believes it should be a substantive application -i.e parties should have opportunity to make submissions

Barry Bateman Verified account ‏@barrybateman 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel concludes.
Roux believes it should be a substantive application -i.e parties should have opportunity to make submissions

Oh FFS-- it's all over the internet. Roux is worried children will see it. It needs to be part of the court proceedings in consideration for sentencing.

Of course if the mainsteam media were to carry them the damage to Oscar constructed image would be huge

Horrifying photos of Reeva's bullet ridden body is an aggravating factor and most certainly within the scope of these proceedings.

#OscarPistorius Roux is now going to reply to Nel’s closing argument. BB

#OscarPistorius Roux is now going to reply to Nel’s closing argument. BB

Michelle Craig ‏@MichelleL_Craig 15h15 hours ago

Defence advocate Barry Roux now replying to the Prosecution's closing argument #OscarPistorius

Roux just managed to contradict Masina's earlier statement that this should be a fresh sentencing.

Will no one think of the children?*

* Actual defence submissions

City Press Online Verified account ‏@City_Press 15h15 hours ago

Judge Masipa interrups Nel: Are you not extending the scope of proceedings? We are here for sentencing afresh #OscarPistorius

Nel says he the court should take into account what happened to Reeva while in the cubicle, "That is my scope, my lady" #OscarPistorius

Horrifying photos of Reeva's bullet ridden body is an aggravating factor and most certainly within the scope of these proceedings.

It's hard to take Roux's submission seriously.

It's all very well to claim that all parties should have time to make submissions, but what is the defence interest in the matter?

Oscar murdered Reeva,

He does not get any say in the images. That relates to public interest and the victims family.

Does the defence have any standing?

I question whether it does.

Nel is saying Roux is not party to the application for the release of the photos.

The court may put limitations on the exhibits. We are saying these are public documents. The deceased parents are here as her legal representatives.

Karyn Maughan Verified account ‏@karynmaughan 15h15 hours ago

Nel stresses request for lift on Reeva picture ban isn't complicated. He says crime scene photos "are a public document". #OscarPistorius

Judge Masipa was asking because the proceedings have run 35 minutes over the scheduled sitting time #OscarPistorius

Jacaranda News ‏@JacaNews 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel says they have no plans to show the pictures to children - they just feel it is time people see what OP did.

#OscarPistorius Nel on the pictures: they are part of the public record. The interests were protected were the deceased and parents. BB

#OscarPistorius Nel on the pictures: they are part of the public record. The interests were protected were the deceased and parents. BB

Nel is saying Roux is not party to the application for the release of the photos.

The court may put limitations on the exhibits. We are saying these are public documents. The deceased parents are here as her legal representatives.

Oh - there you go - i still got it ;-)

That is my view as well.

The defence has no standing.

Jacaranda News ‏@JacaNews 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Masipa says she will think about it - will go check on date for sentencing - we will adjourn quickly.

Nel has taken a seat as Roux gets a second chance to argue #OscarPistorius

eNCA Verified account ‏@eNCA 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Court adjourns for a short while so the Judge can decide on a date for the sentencing

Erin Bates Verified account ‏@ermbates 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius @OscarPistorius and those in court are now waiting while Judge Masipa obtains a date for handing down the sentence @News24

Why doesn't he just STFU. I would say the wishes of the dead woman's parents outweigh those of the murderer's brother. The one who took evidence from the crime scene and wiped it.

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius

This application is distasteful to all parties. Except perhaps some parties who stand to profit from such.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Predictably he is getting hammered in the responses to his tweet. They just have NO awareness of how they are perceived by the vast majority of people. Absolutely none.

PS There are of course people agreeing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500