Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't he just STFU. I would say the wishes of the dead woman's parents outweigh those of the murderer's brother. The one who took evidence from the crime scene and wiped it.

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius

This application is distasteful to all parties. Except perhaps some parties who stand to profit from such.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Predictably he is getting hammered in the responses to his tweet. They just have NO awareness of how they are perceived by the vast majority of people. Absolutely none.

Well he should know. Distatefulness is what his family excel at! Hypocrites, the bloody lot of them.

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 5m5 minutes ago

Masipa banned Twitter in Court until she was advised otherwise, I'd be surprised if allowed the photos.

Karyn Maughan Verified account ‏@karynmaughan 15h15 hours ago

Judge Masipa trying to settle on a date for #OscarPistorius sentencing. If she can't do that now, we'll come back on Friday for that date.

Just send him down. TODAY! It's easy. 15 years + 5 - 2 = 18 years in general population. There, how hard can it be?

City Press Online Verified account ‏@City_Press 15h15 hours ago

Court has adjourned, Nel did not finish his final points of argument. Sentencing proceedings resumed for final day on Friday #OscarPistorius

Just send him down. TODAY! It's easy. 15 years + 5 - 2 = 18 years in general population. There, how hard can it be?

exactly.

how hard can it be.

Any hard headed NZ judge would have sentenced him right away

From the Guardian on Uncle Arnold's decision to ask, tell, command, whatever Pistorius to do the ITV interview:

The statement, from Pistorius’ uncle Arnold Pistorius, explains:

We have been deeply respectful of the legal process and mindful not to contribute to the media frenzy that has characterised this case. We declined almost all requests for interviews and comment …

Despite the many, many requests for interviews with Oscar from across the globe – often coupled with huge financial inducements – we have been absolutely consistent in our position that there would be no interview, or media engagement, for Oscar’s financial benefit … Neither Oscar nor the Pistorius family will make any money out of this documentary …

Not knowing what the future holds for Oscar after this week, I decided it was necessary to take up one media offer that would provide our family with a voice … I wish to make it very clear that this engagement with ITV was my decision, and not Oscar’s initiative.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ius-sentencing-live-day-three-reeva-steenkamp

From the Guardian on Uncle Arnold's decision to ask, tell, command, whatever Pistorius to do the ITV interview:

The statement, from Pistorius’ uncle Arnold Pistorius, explains:

We have been deeply respectful of the legal process and mindful not to contribute to the media frenzy that has characterised this case. We declined almost all requests for interviews and comment …

Despite the many, many requests for interviews with Oscar from across the globe – often coupled with huge financial inducements – we have been absolutely consistent in our position that there would be no interview, or media engagement, for Oscar’s financial benefit … Neither Oscar nor the Pistorius family will make any money out of this documentary …

Not knowing what the future holds for Oscar after this week, I decided it was necessary to take up one media offer that would provide our family with a voice … I wish to make it very clear that this engagement with ITV was my decision, and not Oscar’s initiative.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ius-sentencing-live-day-three-reeva-steenkamp

Of course it was his decision. He's just thinking ahead to the damage control exercise, post-sentencing. He knows Oscar's going down, he just doesn't want it to affect "team Pistorius" and their numerous shady business dealings. The really are a contemptible bunch of self-serving shysters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500