PA - 21 year old in wheelchair abandoned in woods for 6 days

True Opie. And I bet 'mommy' would have kept cashing that check for years if Auntie hadn't have been such a caring soul.

Did mom admit to leaving him there?

Someone else might have been left in charge could have left him there. I mean I cant say she is clearly guilty of this just yet. People do crazy things for custody cases, not to mentions ones that comes with a disability check. It is a horrible thing to do to a person for sure. I guess we will hear mom backgrounds on the issue in the home soon. So glad he was rescued.

Well since Mom lied about where he was... that's kind of an indication she knew where he was.
If someone else is in charge of my child... I will say that when I'm asked where my child is.
I won't say "my child is here with me and my boyfriend" if someone else has my child.
Since she DID say that she was clearly lying for a reason.
That reason being, her child was in the woods while she was with her boyfriend. :twocents:

He was found by luck, by a passerby. Mom didn't tell them where he was. :twocents:

That is really horrible! :mad: :furious: :rage: :puke: I am surprised he survived 6 days without any food and water.

'I'm so happy': Chilling words mom posted online after dumping quadriplegic son in woods with just a blanket and bible for five days - despite frantic responses of concerned relatives

Nyia Parler, 41, allegedly left her 21-year-old son in woods on Monday and traveled to Maryland where she was taken into custody early Sunday

On Tuesday, she wrote 'I'm so happy' on Facebook

Her son was found under rain-soaked pile of leaves on Friday night and police say he would have died if passers-by hadn't spotted him

He was lying on the ground 10 feet from his wheelchair and a Bible

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ponses-concerned-relatives.html#ixzz3XAN859vO

Well since Mom lied about where he was... that's kind of an indication she knew where he was.
If someone else is in charge of my child... I will say that when I'm asked where my child is.
I won't say "my child is here with me and my boyfriend" if someone else has my child.
Since she DID say that she was clearly lying for a reason.
That reason being, her child was in the woods while she was with her boyfriend. :twocents:

He was found by luck, by a passerby. Mom didn't tell them where he was. :twocents:

The aunt is the one who reported mom lied where he was , it doesnt mean it is true. I think it is odd that an aunt who tried to get custody would be the contact for the school.
Mom most likely did it but ,from the reports it isn't clear she is the only person who could have.

When will his father be arrested and charged? How long ago did he abandon his son? JMO MOO etc

Did mom admit to leaving him there?

Someone else might have been left in charge could have left him there. I mean I cant say she is clearly guilty of this just yet. People do crazy things for custody cases, not to mentions ones that comes with a disability check. It is a horrible thing to do to a person for sure. I guess we will hear mom backgrounds on the issue in the home soon. So glad he was rescued.

bbm, I'll take that bet. I say she is Guilty.

snipped

"She indicated to both family members and police officers that the child was with her down in Maryland,'' Walker said.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...gic-Son-in-Woods-Visited-Lover-299486591.html

When will his father be arrested and charged? How long ago did he abandon his son? JMO MOO etc

Did the father even know he had a child with this woman? Does the woman even know who the father of this child is? See how that works? Goes both ways sometimes. And sometimes women do have children without knowing for sure who the father is and without telling the father that they have a child at all.

MOO

I looked at her FB page when the story broke including her name-I couldnt find a single reference or picture of her older son-did you guys find any? She has a 16 year old as well who is currently in the care of relatives? I realize that it seems kind of confusing, but I dont think I am confused. I think she dumped him and the 16 year old and moved on with her life. I have my doubts that the BF had any idea, but I give him credit for calling police and telling them where she was.

I wondered if the young man on her FB page with her same last name, who constantly posts about wanting a real mother and father, might be part of this story. If he is, I can completely sympathize with him.

The aunt is the one who reported mom lied where he was , it doesnt mean it is true. I think it is odd that an aunt who tried to get custody would be the contact for the school.
Mom most likely did it but ,from the reports it isn't clear she is the only person who could have.

I dont think it is clear if the school reached out to her first. Most students have primary contacts and back up contacts.

Contacted in Maryland after the young man's school became concerned about her absence, the victim's mother told relatives and authorities that he was with her, Walker said.

This is from the Daily Mail article.

It wasn't just the Aunt, the cops also say Mom said he was with her.
So unless the cops are covering for the Aunt, I'm pretty sure Mom lied about where he was. :twocents:

I wonder if she had a life ins. policy on him

Mother charged with attempted murder in abandonment case

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ith_attempted_murder_in_abandonment_case.html

Norman hadn't shown up at school since the day his mother left to visit her boyfriend. One family member texted Parler with the family's concerns.

"We're OK," she replied, according to police reports.

And by Parler's own account, the visit with her boyfriend was going well.

"I'm so happy," she wrote underneath a Facebook photo posted Tuesday, the day after Norman had been left to fend for himself.

"How the hell you happy?!?" a friend posted later that day. "Call me!"

Mother charged with attempted murder in abandonment case

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ith_attempted_murder_in_abandonment_case.html

Norman hadn't shown up at school since the day his mother left to visit her boyfriend. One family member texted Parler with the family's concerns.

"We're OK," she replied, according to police reports.

And by Parler's own account, the visit with her boyfriend was going well.

"I'm so happy," she wrote underneath a Facebook photo posted Tuesday, the day after Norman had been left to fend for himself.

"How the hell you happy?!?" a friend posted later that day. "Call me!"

Hmmmm, a friend posted that BEFORE the son was found?

So sounds like SOMEBODY knew SOMETHING. But who and what is sketchy.

I wish we had more details.

Hmmmm, a friend posted that BEFORE the son was found?

So sounds like SOMEBODY knew SOMETHING. But who and what is sketchy.

I wish we had more details.

I am thinking it was the school that did some calling around when he didn't show up for school? IIRC one of the family members were called about his absence and that probably set off alarms. I remember the school days and if my daughter was going to be out of school they knew ahead of time. jmo idk

I am thinking it was the school that did some calling around when he didn't show up for school? IIRC one of the family members were called about his absence and that probably set off alarms. I remember the school days and if my daughter was going to be out of school they knew ahead of time. jmo idk

You are probably right. I always let my daughter's school know ahead of time, too.

Still, it's an odd comment. Unless I had a reason to think something bad had happened, I would probably assume that they just took a long weekend and forgot to let the school know. This was only Tuesday, so just two days of missing school.

I just think there had to be some other red flags..... If I am making any sense. I'm only 1/2 cup down this morning. :coffeews::coffeecup::coffeeup:
(So many coffee smilies!)

This was a child with special needs so I am guessing he went to a specialized school.
Their policy would be different than a regular public school.
They would have less students and more idea of what was going on with them.
It is possible the school already HAD concerns and that's why they raised a red flag immediately. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back