PA - 21 year old in wheelchair abandoned in woods for 6 days

Hmmmm, a friend posted that BEFORE the son was found?

So sounds like SOMEBODY knew SOMETHING. But who and what is sketchy.

I wish we had more details.

Well, it's rather obvious people were suspicious because mother went to MD, and son didn't show up in school. School contacted his aunts to try and figure out where he was.

Hmmmm, a friend posted that BEFORE the son was found?

So sounds like SOMEBODY knew SOMETHING. But who and what is sketchy.

I wish we had more details.
I thought I had seen the friend had posted that comnent the day he was found. I cannot confirm this because now I am not finding her fb.

I've looked, but I can't find her fb.

I had the FB page bookmarked and it isn't coming up now.

Despicable. I hope she gets not only the book but the whole library thrown at her.

As mentioned above and in one of the news reports, an aunt had wanted to become his legal guardian. Of course, in that case his SSI check would have gone to the aunt...

And that right there is my guess as to why the unfit mother kept custody of the poor guy. $$$$$

This is sick in the worst way. I hope custody is abolished forever. This is horibble.

And I agree with some others about an eye for an eye in certain cases. This case screams out for justice to involve a similar form of punishment before she is sent to prison for a long long time.

Dispicable.

He was found Friday April 10, but the concerned posts to the mom Nyia started coming in long before that, just after 7pm, Tuesday April 7.

https://twitter.com/search?q=nyia parler&mode=photos&src=tyah
OK - IMO the 'why you so happy ' is just a friend being nosy and probably annoyed because she didn't call her ASAP. I truly do not think this person was making it sound like "how can you be happy after what you've done?!" MOO

OK - IMO the 'why you so happy ' is just a friend being nosy and probably annoyed because she didn't call her ASAP. I truly do not think this person was making it sounf like "how can you be happy after what you've done?!" MOO

Hmmm, that is a good point.

OK - IMO the 'why you so happy ' is just a friend being nosy and probably annoyed because she didn't call her ASAP. I truly do not think this person was making it sound like "how can you be happy after what you've done?!" MOO
Yeah, but the "I'm so happy" comment was probably a veiled reference to being rid of her burden. That's how it comes across to me...

Yeah, but the "I'm so happy" comment was probably a veiled reference to being rid of her burden. That's how it comes across to me...
Oh I absolutely agree it was in reference to her current situation IYKWIM.

And that right there is my guess as to why the unfit mother kept custody of the poor guy. $$$$$

This is sick in the worst way. I hope custody is abolished forever. This is horibble.

And I agree with some others about an eye for an eye in certain cases. This case screams out for justice to involve a similar form of punishment before she is sent to prison for a long long time.

Dispicable.

I know CPS has a tough job and honestly, if we didn't have so many horrific parents, we wouldn't even need them, but this is why the goal of reunification (or simply not removing endangered children in the first place) has to change.

I do not know to what extent CPS was involved in this case, but you nailed it when you said parents keep unwanted children for the $$$.

If these children were placed in foster care (not perfect either, but it's an imperfect world) the first time there is substantiated abuse or neglect, then no more $$ for unfit parents and no more abuse for the child.

It makes me sad that we even have to have this conversation.

How could a MOTHER do this? Surely you must be without a soul to do something so cruel. Leaving your child to starve and succumb to the elements? This is probably one of the worst passive abuse cases I have heard of.

For more than four days, a 21-year-old quadriplegic with cerebral palsy was left lying in the woods of Philadelphia’s Cobbs Creek Park with only a blanket and a Bible. His mother faced a host of charges after allegedly abandoning her son and catching a bus to Maryland to see her boyfriend.

Low temperatures reached the mid-30s during the week, and rain was reported in the area Wednesday and Thursday.

“Sometime at 11 a.m., the mother went to visit her boyfriend down in Maryland, over in Montgomery County, and we believe she placed the child into Cobbs Creeks Park.” He was being treated at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He suffered eye problems, dehydration, malnutrition and a cut to the back that has raised infection concerns.

Officials at Philadelphia’s School of the Future, which the man attends, became concerned when he didn’t show up for classes and tried to contact his mother but eventually reached an aunt.

When police tracked down the mother, she told them her son was with her.

There was no reason for the man to suffer, police said, because the mother had sisters willing to take care of him. Two of his aunts, who have tried to obtain guardianship of him, were staying with him at the hospital. The mother has another child, a 16-year-old, who is also being taken care of by family members.

http://myfox8.com/2015/04/12/quadriplegic-man-found-4-days-after-mom-left-him-in-woods-police-say/

Went looking for some updates and found only this so far :
www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/us/philadelphia-quadriplegic-man-abandoned-mom-extradition/
The mother of a quadriplegic man who police say was left in the woods for days cannot be extradited to face charges in Philadelphia until she completes an unspecified "treatment," Maryland police said Monday.

Not sure what this "treatment" entails... but hopefully his aunts can have custody of him ; or at least someone who cares. I think both of her kids should be removed.
God knows how she treated him before this !
Not a 'mother' at all, this despicable excuse for a person ! :gaah:

:moo:

Found this --- if not allowed, can someone pm me and it will be removed.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nyia-Parler/382825055250829?fref=ts

shopatmain.com/2015/04/13/Nyia%20Parler.htm
A 16-year-old son also residing with the family is now the care of other family relatives, Walker said.

A Philadelphia woman accused of dumping her quadriplegic son in the woods so she could visit her boyfriend in Maryland has extradited back to Philadelphia. Authorities say Nyia Parler previously waived her extradition hearing. Police say she is in custody at the 18th District Headquarters.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/28881193/mother-accused

[h=1]Nyia Parler[/h]
CDYFzf7VAAAE-GA.png

Police mugshot of Nyia Parler - mom now officially charged with abandoning disabled son http://t.co/iOtUu9ycql Apr 24, 2015, 18:22 UTC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back