PA PA - ANTONIO RODRIGUEZ Kensington Strangler

A woman found dead in an abandoned house is probably not related to the recent murders and sexual assaults in the cities Kensington section. Although and I say although because dang if this article doesn't say the woman was found with marks on her neck.

Police Commish Ramsey held a press conference and urged any victims to come forward immediately as they need evidence. The FBI is getting into the murders mind as we speak and the police tell us the man make take the EL. He may live in the neighborhood.

O.K. so this poor woman is found dead on Rutledge Street. Hop, skip and a jump from Somerset El stop. Marks on her neck? Track marks? Strangulation? How many people have they found dead in abandoned houses over time that may have been assaulted? Murdered?

How many copycat nut jobs are out there figuring this is open season to strangle women in this area? How many women have been assaulted that are never coming forward because they have a warrant out on them or they are afraid to be arrested and have to kick at the Roundhouse?

Rutledge Street is in the heart of this ugly mix. If this poor woman was murdered by the same perp then he's going from K&A to Somerset hitting virtually each El stop in between. Filly makes note her mother said this days ago. What's next Tioga? Girard?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/video/police-&-fbi-working-with-profiler

Has there been a description of the suspected strangler released yet?

here's an article from tonite - good read & has sketch & description of "attacker"

Erica Rosado-Moore, another recovering addict, said the drawing of the suspect, taped on many of the El's support columns, reminded her of a man who once attacked her.

"Every time I look at that picture I just stare at it," she said. "It's hard. Philly is no joke."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b..._On_high_alert_for_a_strangler.html?viewAll=y

The rape in the car is unsettling as one of the prostitutes earlier said that she felt far safer in a car as she could always jump out. I guess not always. The whole Ipod thing makes me think of the Texas Serial Rapist. He too, listened to music and clocks ticking while he raped some of his elderly victims. That is beyond heartless. This guy thinks he is bigger than life. Dare I say it? LE?

Just wondering if prostitutes (especially addicts) are known to be good at remembering faces. I would think that a person would disassociate after a while. I know I would. All the guys would look the same. Just a mechanism of human survival.

Dare I say it? LE?

Just wondering if prostitutes (especially addicts) are known to be good at remembering faces. I would think that a person would disassociate after a while. I know I would. All the guys would look the same. Just a mechanism of human survival.

Naw, Izzy this guy is no way LE. I really higly doubt that. First his appearance. Cops are not allowed to have those taped sideburns or a goatee. Even if on a detail or plain clothes or undercover you can spot a cop a mile away if you're out there long enough. Even in reverse stings any addict that's arrested will tell you they "knew" something was up. Something wasn't right. Unfortunately people are so quick to get their drugs that they need they'll chance it.

Me? I'd take their gospel word these women on what this guy looked like. You may disassociate the act, but meanwhile you're looking at what he has on. What kind of sneakers he's wearing. Does he have jewelry? An iPod? These women are working for something immensely important to them. In these case heroin seems to be the DOC. They also know the neighborhood. They could tell you what lot has a missing link fence to which house got rehabbed, and got a new kitchen which was stolen that night.

No matter how bad the quality of life every addict has a glimmer of hope. You fight for your life no matter how bad it is. You may be fighting so you can use yet another day or look way beyond that in an effort to getting clean up the road.

Absolutely I'd trust their description.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/fron...ections_in_Kensington_assaults__killings.html

Short interview with "Jessica that's my real name I promise".

Also a profile of the murderer. Commonalities that all the women have been white. They are either prostitutes or have risky behavior. Easy to approach and of course the world's most vulnerable women.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=7833109

DNA does not match any in a database. That's no surprise there.

Police received a called from an extremely upset receptionist at the Community Legal Serives. The woman said a man walked into the office and told her he was wanted by police and needed a lawyer. He told her he was homeless and lived in an abandoned building.

The woman tried to give a signal to another worker to call the cops and the guy ran out.

Sooooooo the police had the Community Legal Services surrounded in crime tape and taking fingerprints of everything the guy may have touched. The receptionist said the guy strongly resembled the sketch of the man wanted in the strangulation cases.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=7833423

O.K. so if this is the guy all he had to do or at least if he comes from where the attacks occured would be take the Route 60 bus. Bam he's there. Now the people in the vicinity of Temple hospital can be freaked out.:doh:

You're right, Filly. His gait is odd. I have a daughter with cerebral palsy and we've been through lots of gait studies so I have a tendency to break it down. Not sure what I'm seeing, though. Whatever it is doesn't seem consistent. It says that he stated his name is Anthony? To whom? The receptionist? Didn't one of the victims say the guy's name was Tony?

I appreciate the answer about the veracity of the women's description. I will trust them.

I am not sure, but after watching the video, his gait seems to be associated more with his left leg or foot. Maybe an old or recent injury, just a guess on my part.

LE has released surveillance video of the person they believe may be the suspect.

O.K. this guy walks a little weird.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/surveillance-vid-of-suspect-released

FWIW and JMHO: I pick up my grandson from high school each day. I watch hundreds of teenagers walk by.

To ME, it appears, first this guy MAY have a cell phone in his hand and MAY BE texting. As he turned and was walking on the sidewalk, away from the camera, it appears he looks down towards his hands being held in front of him, ie his cell phone.

The second thing, IMHO, he walks like the young people do that have their pants hanging low, ie, often times the top of their boxers show. I've always attributed that sort of almost a slight swagger, because if they're not careful, their pants will end up around their knees.

I could be wrong, but this is JMHO,
fran

FWIW and JMHO: I pick up my grandson from high school each day. I watch hundreds of teenagers walk by.

To ME, it appears, first this guy MAY have a cell phone in his hand and MAY BE texting. As he turned and was walking on the sidewalk, away from the camera, it appears he looks down towards his hands being held in front of him, ie his cell phone.

The second thing, IMHO, he walks like the young people do that have their pants hanging low, ie, often times the top of their boxers show. I've always attributed that sort of almost a slight swagger, because if they're not careful, their pants will end up around their knees.

fran

That's exactly what I thought too, fran. I base my opinion from my years of teaching inner city students. His gait reminds me of the 'gangsta' walk. Which is emulated by wanna be gangsta's who wear their pants low based on prisoners having their belts taken away during arrest to make it difficult for them to run away. This is what a former student told me when I asked him why he continued wearing his pants so low. He knew that each day I would take out my roll of twine and snip some off just enough for him to tie the front 2 belt loops together to hold up his pants. We had a dress code prohibiting wearing pants low due to PE.

He had the same gait as this perp.

MOO

wm

We see you Tony!

In the freeze-frames around the 1:10 mark of that video, you can see the glow of his cell phone screen...I agree he's probably texting. And the gait to me is very much a swagger.

Also, if alone, in general a street-wise guy in the city would be walking alertly and with purpose. This guy is just aimlessly wandering (waiting for a victim?), IMHO.

fran

Fran, I think you are absolutely right. I had to wait and see it on TV again. My mom actually siad "That's a kid and he walks like all those other kids with their pants on the ground".

The thing in his hand may be an iPod. One of the victims said he had an iPod and kept it in his ears.

Good lookout Fran. Your grandson is fortunate to have such a good Gram!

He looks right at the camera! My screen is so blurry, I can't see his face well - can others?

Salem

ETA: sent to my DH's comp. He has better resolution!

Amen for DH!;)

I've only seen it on TV and I can about see the guys face, Salem.

Meanwhile not one lead. They had people on the news complaining about that. I'll see if I can find it.

No doubt if there was a reward someone, anyone, someplace would ID him I bet. They even kind of slacked off on our news as we had a police officer shot here last night. He left the hospital in good shape. Thank goodness.

O.K. that video was from a store. According to this article it actually showed him pulling the victim into an alley. Weather this is prior to the act or after he seems pretty collected.

Also a small vigil was held today where Nicole was murdered.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=7837337

LE has gotten video footage from two more places including a Charter School and hope they get something from that.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...likely_to_step_up_to_help_find_strangler.html

Kensington prostitutes more likely to step up to help find strangler

The increased police scrutiny on Kensington in the wake of a series of killings and sexual assaults has had at least one positive side effect: Prostitutes in the neighborhood are coming forward to report crimes committed against them.

"Now that everyone is looking at this area, I think we're getting a lot of things reported to us that probably wouldn't have been," Philadelphia Capt. James Clark said this week.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca..._up_to_help_find_strangler.html#ixzz17pcKZezq

A vigil was held in Kesington which drew about 100 people. Those who attended wanted to show support for the families of two murder victims, Michele Piacentini and Elaine Goldberg.

The vigil was last minute. That's a significant number of people for something planned last minute. I wish I had known about it.

The Citizens Crime Commision Of Delaware Valley is offering a $3,000 reward.

More at link:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...trangling_victim_as_attacker_is_at_large.html

A little late to the table but I'm not 100% certain that this is a swagger. I have 9 sons and I must have said, "Pull your pants up!!", 10,000 times. If "Tony" was going to swagger like that, I think it would be a bit more pronounced. Maybe he lightens it up when he's alone. JMO

The issue of him being soft spoken really bothers me. In fact, it makes my blood run cold. Here you are assaulting, raping and/or killing a woman and you are soft spoken?? The Texas Serial Rapist was described the very same way. What does that say about his profile? Yes, here it is:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/brea...high_alert_for_a_strangler.html#ixzz17qtO0UnR

"....Police have developed a composite sketch of a suspect - a slender black or Hispanic man in his 20s who stands between 5-foot-7 and 5-10. Two women said he had a goatee and a mark on his cheek, but a woman who was attacked weeks later told police that there was no goatee or mark, and she mentioned that he had sideburns. Two women described him as soft-spoken; one said he had carried a white iPod and called himself Anthony...."

more at link

So, these are women who survived attacks and still say he was soft-spoken. I wonder if the soft voice was used only when he lured them or throughout the ordeal? Actually, if he was listening to an Ipod throughout the assault, you'd think that he'd speak a little louder. That is chilling.

Woman&#8217;s Body Found In Kensington Lot

Philadelphia police are investigating the suspicious death of a woman whose body was found a short distance from where the &#8220;Kensington strangler&#8221; has been striking.
The body of a female believed to be in her 20s was found Wednesday afternoon in an overgrown lot in the 100 block of Tusculum Street.
Investigators said someone call police at about 5 p.m. after spotting the woman&#8217;s body in the lot.
Sources said the woman was undressed from the waist down and she apparently had a bag over her face. Early appearances indicate that the woman may have been strangled, but that was not immediately confirmed.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/12/15/woman%e2%80%99s-body-found-in-kensington-lot/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back