GUILTY PA - Brandi Dunn, 22, found slain in burned Grove City home, 14 Jan 2006

misterallgood said:
My blog has been my entree into writing for money. Its popularity will likely help me a great deal when any book I might have in proposal is sold.

My point in saying this is the following:

No matter how key my blogging has been to the personal success I may or may not have, if my wife was likely murdered in a housefire, no offense to anyone here, but I wouldn't give a flip about anything on the internet for a while.

Would most of you?

If Dunn made those changes based on any kind of legal advice, he needs to fire that lawyer.

Steve
My sentiments exactly.

Besides, THIS is Step #1 in the "What To Do After You Kill Your Wife" manual:

Cry and blubber about how much you loved her and profess that you WILL FIND the real killer. (Note: Do not use past tense if she's still missing.)

NOT: Clean up your MySpace blog and write her a lovey-dovey message; then it's the STEELERS, MAN!!! And don't forget that keg.

Taximom said:
My sentiments exactly.

Besides, THIS is Step #1 in the "What To Do After You Kill Your Wife" manual:

Cry and blubber about how much you loved her and profess that you WILL FIND the real killer. (Note: Do not use past tense if she's still missing.)

NOT: Clean up your MySpace blog and write her a lovey-dovey message; then it's the STEELERS, MAN!!! And don't forget that keg.
Oh, man, I shouldn't laugh about anything related to a crime like this, but that was very funny, Taximom. Thank you! :crazy:

AlwaysShocked, I tend to think the husband is guilty too, but I'm usually like 75% right. Good thing I'm just a mom and not a prosecutor! Have you seen this thread though? Confession leads to release of husband accused in slaying. The story will break your heart.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33273

You are welcome, Misterallgood. I'm not sure where that came from. It could be that I've just hit overload (again) reading about so many crimes here. My sarcasm doesn't appeal to everyone!

I just told my daughter that I can't understand why people think they can harm another human being. This was after watching those FL teens beat up a homeless man. I don't get it.

Now I'm off to go check out the comments that Shadow205 mentioned. :cool:

Woman found dead in Grove City house fire was murdered, police say

BRANDI DUNN, 22, AND HER HUSBAND SCOTT WERE STAYING AT HER PARENTS' HOUSE WHILE THEY WERE VACATIONING FOR THE WINTER IN CALIFORNIA.

Dunn's body was found amid the charred remains of her parents' modest, one-story home in Grove City over the weekend.

But it wasn't the early Saturday morning blaze that killed the Slippery Rock woman, police announced Monday.

She was murdered, police said.

An autopsy, performed by the Erie County Coroner's office Sunday, determined Dunn was killed by blunt force trauma to the head, state police Cpl. Cheryl Michalski said at a Monday afternoon news conference at the state police barracks in Mercer.

As of late Monday no one had been arrested in connection with the crime.

Mercer County 911 received a call at 7:31 a.m. Saturday that there was a fire at the house at 109 E. Washington St., Grove City. By the time firefighters arrived on the scene, the house was fully engulfed in flames, police said.

More: http://www.thederrick.com/stories/01172006-2102.shtml

PrayersForMaura said:
New story:

this video shows the husband saying that he saw someone beating his wife Brandi in the home but he couldn't get to her.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/6158945/detail.html

:silenced:
So, in this clip, the husband says he saw a man beating his wife in the house (he says he guesses robbery as motive) and tried to get in to save her but the fire was too strong.

I'm curious where the husband was that he wasn't in the house when the fire started (although i suppose since they were fighting he might have slept elsewhere), and also, if the fire was too strong for him to enter the house, how did the supposed perp get out?

I wonder if the husband had heard about the Harvey murders.

According to that story I posted above:

• Dunn's husband found her inside, according to police.
  • "Dunn was discovered deceased inside the burned out home of her parents, John and Deborah Montgomery, at approximately 7:31 a.m. on the 14th by her husband, Scott Dunn," Michalski read from a prepared statement.
And then Scott told the news on the the video of that other story I told that he saw someone beating her but he couldn't stop them.

My questions are:
  1. Where was he that he was gone and coming home to find the house on fire at 7:30 in the morning? Was he working? Where does he work? What does he do?
  2. How would he just happen to see someone "beating his wife" and the house on fire? That person beating her just happened to slip out a back door in time? He did only saw that person from behind? He didn't chase the person? He couldn't save Brandi? Where was Brandi located within the house that he couldn't get to her and that he could see her being beaten? Where did he see the person hit her?
Something is not adding up.

Mellen said:
So, in this clip, the husband says he saw a man beating his wife in the house (he says he guesses robbery as motive) and tried to get in to save her but the fire was too strong.

I'm curious where the husband was that he wasn't in the house when the fire started (although i suppose since they were fighting he might have slept elsewhere), and also, if the fire was too strong for him to enter the house, how did the supposed perp get out?

I wonder if the husband had heard about the Harvey murders.
You and I must be thinking the same things!! I was just writing a post with the same questions.
Things that make you go hmmm.

Also, the news story I posted mentioned that:
Michalski did confirm that police had obtained search warrants for two vehicles at the residence.

I think we aren't the only ones with raised eye brows. But then again, this story stunk up the place from the begining.

The husband seems so cold. Numb maybe? It just doesnt seem right.

I wish that the reporter wouldn't have cut in on the interview with Scott when she did. I would liked to have heard more of what he was saying. As for what I did hear him say, BS! The fire was to intense for him to be able to go in and save his wife yet a man was still inside beating her? Does he really think that anyone is going to believe that? I'll stick my neck out here and predict that hubby will be charged and it will be quick.

Shadow205 said:
I'll stick my neck out here and predict that hubby will be charged and it will be quick.
No sticking out of neck needed!! lol

This guy is toast! :croc:

1. Logs into website day before murder
2. Changes website day of murder
3. Mentions the STEELERS in his tribute to her?????????????????????/
4. NOW, he saw her being attacked because the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head. Hmmmmmm, seems like he's making this up as he goes, doesn't it??

And yes, where was he all night? Why was he coming home at 7 am in the morning? :confused:

I just want to say that I would have gotten my spouse out of a burning house, if I were there, or at least have the burns to prove I tried!

Shadow205 said:
I wish that the reporter wouldn't have cut in on the interview with Scott when she did. I would liked to have heard more of what he was saying. As for what I did hear him say, BS! The fire was to intense for him to be able to go in and save his wife yet a man was still inside beating her? Does he really think that anyone is going to believe that? I'll stick my neck out here and predict that hubby will be charged and it will be quick.
My mom always told me alcohol kills brain cells, and I think it's true.

I'm so very sad for this young woman. Who knows what was in her future? Someone, and I say the husband, took her life and that future away from her. May he rot in prison and never be allowed to watch Steelers games again. (I'm not joking either.):mad:

This case sort of reminds me of the Hacking case.

This type of crime always makes me wonder how I'm going to keep something like this from happening to one of my 3 daughters. I hope I'm bringing my son up the right way!

I received a note from someone who knew both of them well through my website's contact form this morning.

-- They had a 'rocky' relationship.
-- Scott referred to her as having 'passed.' Wait; he says to the cops that he saw her being beaten, then he says to a friend that she 'passed?' Yeah. Right.
-- This person felt that suspicions I only implied I was having were dead-on, and this person has known the Dunns for quite some time.

Though he was 26 and Brandi was 22, this person indicated the two had been seeing each other for quite some time. At least since Brandi was about 15.

Yeah, this smelled from the beginning, and I knew a number of people at this forum would catch the whiff.

Steve

What about her dogs? Has anyone seen any mention of them? Were they in the house?

Shadow205 said:
What about her dogs? Has anyone seen any mention of them? Were they in the house?
I hope they did not die in the fire. I will really be upset with that, too. :(

misterallgood said:
I received a note from someone who knew both of them well through my website's contact form this morning.

-- They had a 'rocky' relationship.
-- Scott referred to her as having 'passed.' Wait; he says to the cops that he saw her being beaten, then he says to a friend that she 'passed?' Yeah. Right.
-- This person felt that suspicions I only implied I was having were dead-on, and this person has known the Dunns for quite some time.

Though he was 26 and Brandi was 22, this person indicated the two had been seeing each other for quite some time. At least since Brandi was about 15.

Yeah, this smelled from the beginning, and I knew a number of people at this forum would catch the whiff.

Steve
Thanks for tipping us off with the case in the first place, Steve. Yeah, this one did not pass the sniff test.

They've known each other that long? I'm sure glad there aren't children involved. Unless she was....NO I'm not going to go there.:(

He probably set the dogs free if they were around. Sort of like that couple that left their two kids home alone while they went on vacation. They thought enough about the dogs to get sitters for THEM. Hmph.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back