GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

"My daycare called me," said Abdul-Rashid while in tears. "They normally pick my child up and my son and walk them to the daycare around 3 p.m. They asked me if Nailla had an early dismissal today. Of course I said, 'no, she didn't.' She asked me about a woman named Tiffany and I immediately thought about my brother's friend. I called her and she was like, 'no, I'm in school. I didn't take Nailla.' I came to the school and they were all discombobulated. They tried to get the substitute teacher on the phone. He finally got there and he was like, 'her mom picked her up from school early. She said she was taking her to breakfast. I asked her to sign out but she said she already signed out in the office.'"

snip

"In the surveillance camera that the school has that I watched she's dressed in a traditional over-garment and Niqab," said Abdul-Rashid. "She has her face covered and only her eyes are showing. She's wearing gloves. She's wearing all black. She has something white on her arm and she has a long black umbrella. The surveillance camera shows them walking in the hallway to get to the door. The next camera picks up and she's putting her umbrella up. Then they disappear."

I wonder if NR's <modsnip> mother dresses in traditional Muslim garb? The NBC article said they had to contact the substitute teacher to find out what was going on. Wonder if that was their first day of subbing for the class?

I think this abductor was specifically targeting Naiilla. I am wondering if there is a custody issue brewing beneath the surface. I am really hoping it is something like that, and not a sexual predator type scenario.

She is such a sweet looking, happy child with a beautiful smile. I really hope she is found safe soon. :please:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/5-Year-Old-Girl-Abducted-From-West-Philly-School-Cops-186865992.html
"My daycare called me," said Abdul-Rashid while in tears. "They normally pick my child up and my son and walk them to the daycare around 3 p.m. They asked me if Nailla had an early dismissal today. Of course I said, 'no, she didn't.' She asked me about a woman named Tiffany and I immediately thought about my brother's friend. I called her and she was like, 'no, I'm in school. I didn't take Nailla.' I came to the school and they were all discombobulated. They tried to get the substitute teacher on the phone. He finally got there and he was like, 'her mom picked her up from school early. She said she was taking her to breakfast. I asked her to sign out but she said she already signed out in the office.'"
Omg......the substitute totally failed IMO......at my daughters school we have to sign in when we enter the school, take a slip to the teacher, obtain our child, then return the slip to the office to show that we've picked our child up....plus our office people are familiar with all the parents... I just can't get over how this school failed to keep something like this from happening.

I imagine the whole Muslim outfit could have just been a way to hide her identity.....especially if Muslims are common in that area/blend in.

I am a teacher and at my school a parent is not even allowed to come to the classroom to get their child. They must go to the office and an office staff member comes to get them. We also have to ask for ID if we are not 100% sure that the person picking a child up is authorized. If an adult's face were covered, you can bet I'd be asking for ID. :furious:

:please: for this beautiful little girl.

I am a teacher and at my school a parent is not even allowed to come to the classroom to get their child. They must go to the office and an office staff member comes to get them. We also have to ask for ID if we are not 100% sure that the person picking a child up is authorized. If an adult's face were covered, you can bet I'd be asking for ID. :furious:

:please: for this beautiful little girl.

This is how it works at my school also.

Didn't see this article posted, forgive me if it is a duplicate. Has a little info about how it happened from the school's perspective
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/01/14/philadelphia-police-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/

According to school officials, a little before 9 a.m., an adult dressed in Muslim garb walked into the school and checked in at the front desk. But school officials say instead of walking to the principal’s office as directed, the person walked directly to the classroom and removed the child, claiming it was her daughter.

Oh my goodness! This is insane. What in the Sam Hill is going on? I really hope they find this sweet girl safe.

It has to be someone familiar with the school or girl if they went straight to the correct classroom. Prayers for a safe ending...

The woman identified herself to school employees as &#8220;Tiffany,&#8221; Walker said, but her signature in the school visitor log is illegible.

snip

Gallard called the fact that the girl was allowed to leave school premises with an unknown adult a &#8220;serious break in procedure&#8221; and said district officials are working with police in the investigation. The woman, Gallard said, did not wait at the school&#8217;s front office for the child to be brought to her, as district protocol dictates. Instead, she somehow made it to the girl&#8217;s classroom, where she told a teacher that the child had already been &#8220;checked out&#8221; of school.

&#8220;That is completely against our protocol,&#8221; Gallard said. &#8220;An adult is not allowed to go to any classrooms to check children out. They&#8217;re supposed to go to the administrative office, their ID is supposed to be checked and they are supposed to be checked to see if they are the guardian of record or parent. If they are, then they call classroom for the child to be brought down, because we don&#8217;t want adults roaming the building.&#8221;

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ld-missing-from-West-Philadelphia-school.html

Kenneth Moton &#8207;@KennethMoton
#breaking #AmberAlert issued for 5-yr-old Nailla Robinson from W. Phila. Police dog just went into Bryant Elementary pic.twitter.com/Jdu72cOn

From the sound of it, this person was covered from head to toe. Was her face covered as well? Do we even know for sure this was a woman? This is terrifying!

From the sound of it, this person was covered from head to toe. Was her face covered as well? Do we even know for sure this was a woman? This is terrifying!

The news article with her mother speaking says she was covered all but her eyes.

Kenneth Moton &#8207;@KennethMoton
#breaking #AmberAlert issued for 5-yr-old Nailla Robinson from W. Phila. Police dog just went into Bryant Elementary pic.twitter.com/Jdu72cOn

He also says "take a look at my action news facebook page" Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/6abcKennethMoton. According to commenters, Amber Alert is on now, on cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500