GUILTY PA - Chytoria Graham for using baby as weapon, Erie, 2006

While I am absolutely horrified at this "mother's" actions, I certainly hope that LE also arrested the boyfriend for assault charges. The woman was beaten very badly from what we can see in the photo.

None of the children should be in that horrible situation. Yet, they will probably be sent back, over and over again.

I wonder if this is the mother's first charge of abuse.

Ok I am going to step back here after seeing her face..

Is it possible that she was holding the baby and the man beat the baby and her?

I would like to know why the police believe she used the baby as a weapon?

On the same token if she did it I hope the guy Blackened her eye and then some and doesn't get charged.

Amraann said:

On the same token if she did it I hope the guy Blackened her eye and then some and doesn't get charged.

Good questions.

mfmangel1 said:
While I am absolutely horrified at this "mother's" actions, I certainly hope that LE also arrested the boyfriend for assault charges. The woman was beaten very badly from what we can see in the photo.

None of the children should be in that horrible situation. Yet, they will probably be sent back, over and over again.

I wonder if this is the mother's first charge of abuse.
Yup they will or sent to foster homes where worse things happen and they grow up and all four of them have all kinds of problems and issues and they each have a ton of kids and the problems keep growing like some plague.
The thing is we are all afraid of viral / chemical warfare causing some epidemic plague in our country.
THIS IS THE PLAGUE we should be afraid of.

Today its this women and 4 children tomorrow it will be those four children with their criminal histories after being raised like this raising each of their 4 children. DOES anyone else see the seriousness of this and how it keeps growing into a bigger problem??

Amraann said:

Was it possible that she tried to swing the baby out of the way from his abusive hand? I'm sure she wasn't in the right state of mind when she did this, but maybe she saw no choice when he came at her.

kahskye said:
I take back what I said in my above post. I try to give people the benefit of doubt, until I read she had been drinking and looking for something to throw. She sounds like she has a serious drinking problem to pick up her baby by mistake. That's an inexcusable mistake as far as I'm concerned. She doesn't deserve that baby and I hope she doesn't get him back.
Agreed!

Sweet holy Moses-"I didn't mean to hit him with my newborn baby but I was too DRUNK to realize I was swinging an INFANT at him?" WTF?

A coworker of mine has an idea I think is excellent-she thinks all women should be born WITHOUT a uterus, then if a woman decides she wants to have a child she has to apply to have a baby, prove she would be a good mother and have a uterus IMPLANTED....

Erie mom tells police she didn't mean to beat boyfriend with baby

Tuesday October 10, 2006
ERIE, Pa. (AP) A northwestern Pennsylvania woman accused of using her baby to batter her child's father said she didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late.

Chyrotia Graham, 27, of Erie, told police she had been drinking when an argument with the child's father turned violent early Sunday morning, according to an affidavit filed to support Graham's arrest.

Graham said she ``snapped'' and began grabbing things and throwing them at Deangelo Troop, 20, not realizing she had picked up her 4-week-old son, Jarron Troop, telling police she held the child by his legs and swung him at his father. Police had said they believed the woman held the baby by the midsection when she hit the man.

Graham was being held in the Erie County Jail on Monday on $75,000 bond. She faces charges of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and simple assault.

Jarron, who was born Sept. 11, suffered a fractured skull and bleeding in the brain after the incident. The infant's head hit Deangelo, who had also fathered one of Graham's other four children.

Deangelo told the Erie Times-News that Graham never meant to hurt their child.

``People are trying to make a big deal about it, but she did not do it on purpose. ... It was just a mistake,'' he said.

Defense attorney Alison Scarpitti, who was assigned by the Erie County Public Defender's Office to represent Graham, said Monday she could not comment because she had not met with Graham.

Police said Troop punched Graham in the eye after she put the baby down, and police photos later showed her eye blackened and swollen shut.

Authorities said there was no indication that Troop had hit his son but that they were reviewing the case to see if any charges might be warranted.

``I don't anticipate any at this time,'' Erie police Capt. Frank Kwitowski said Monday.

Officials at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh declined to release information about the baby early Tuesday. He was flown to the hospital by helicopter after the incident.

Authorities removed Graham's other children from the home. The Erie County Office of Children and Youth granted temporary custody to their maternal grandparents, Gloria Graham and Cornell Petty of Erie.

She said she didn't mean to use the baby to hit him. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

I have trouble giving either one of these so-called parents the benefit of the doubt. He is the father of this baby and one of her other children? Strike one. They were both skunk-drunk? Strike two. They feel that the way to settle differences is to engage in known-down drag-out fights in front of the other children? Strike three. It's no big deal? What an idiot! Ann Landers needs to be quoted here again: "It is unfortunate that children are so readily available to anyone biologically able to produce them."

I take back what I said in my above post. I try to give people the benefit of doubt, until I read she had been drinking and looking for something to throw. She sounds like she has a serious drinking problem to pick up her baby by mistake. That's an inexcusable mistake as far as I'm concerned. She doesn't deserve that baby and I hope she doesn't get him back.

mum33004 said:
``People are trying to make a big deal about it, but she did not do it on purpose. ... It was just a mistake,'' he said.
WHAT!?!?!? IT IS A VERY BIG DEAL THAT THE MOTHER OF YOU BABY PICKED UP SAID BABY AND SWUNG THAT BABY AT YOU FRACTURING ITS SKULL AND CAUSING BRAIN HEMMORAGING! ON WHAT PLANET IS THAT NOT A BIG DEAL! SOMEONE SHOULD CASTRATE YOU SO YOU CAN NEVER HAVE KIDS AGIN SINCE YOU FEEL LIKE IT IS "NOT A BIG DEAL" TO HOLD A BABY BY ITS TORSO AND START SWINGING IT AT PEOPLE. YEAH , I REALIZE YOU 2 ARE GREAT PARENTS AND ALL CONSIDERING YOU GOT IN A HUGE PHYSICAL FIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU CHILDREN AND WERE EXTREMELY DRUNK TO BOOT SO THAT WILL MAKE IT ALL BETTER, GO HOME NOW AND PLEASE HAVE YOUR KIDS BACK. WHAT A COUPLE MORONS

kahskye said:
Giving people the benefit of the doubt is one of my favorite traits in people. Sometimes it's rewarding. Sometimes it's not. :)

amraan, YES...... I........DO!!

i used to live in baltimore so i saw it every day on a big scale... while the rest of the country doesn't seem to care or notice.

yikes.. if the mother cannot get herself and her baby/children out of a situation that is that abusive (assuming that was not the first time)-- then she doesn't deserve to have kids anyway. abuse permanently scars children. it scars women too, of course. but women can get out of it, babies and children don't have a choice. there is NO excuse!

reb said:
yikes.. if the mother cannot get herself and her baby/children out of a situation that is that abusive (assuming that was not the first time)-- then she doesn't deserve to have kids anyway. abuse permanently scars children. it scars women too, of course. but women can get out of it, babies and children don't have a choice. there is NO excuse!
yes, but based on her actions she is more than likely abusive herself. You just don't get sh*tfaced when you are in charge of 4 children, esp an infant. They both need to be in jail. Something tells me this isn't the first time both of them have gotten physical with each other during a fight.

ERIE, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Pregnant with her fifth child, Chytoria Graham often walked the streets of her working-class neighborhood, happily pushing her 1-year-old in a stroller while the other children walked alongside her.

"I've never seen her without her kids," said Loretta Ritchie, who lives near Graham. "She always kept the girls' hair combed, dressed real pretty."

But now Graham's children have been taken from her by authorities -- except for 4-week-old Jarron. He is in a hospital after a horrific event that has stunned police and prosecutors, and prompted strangers who read about him to offer to adopt the boy: Authorities say she grabbed the infant by his feet and swung him, hitting her boyfriend and fracturing the baby's skull.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/14/baby.as.weapon.ap/index.html

2sisters said:
ERIE, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Pregnant with her fifth child, Chytoria Graham often walked the streets of her working-class neighborhood, happily pushing her 1-year-old in a stroller while the other children walked alongside her.

"I've never seen her without her kids," said Loretta Ritchie, who lives near Graham. "She always kept the girls' hair combed, dressed real pretty."

But now Graham's children have been taken from her by authorities -- except for 4-week-old Jarron. He is in a hospital after a horrific event that has stunned police and prosecutors, and prompted strangers who read about him to offer to adopt the boy: Authorities say she grabbed the infant by his feet and swung him, hitting her boyfriend and fracturing the baby's skull.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/14/baby.as.weapon.ap/index.html

Naturally, she's pregnant again. :sick:

Eve

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members