GUILTY PA - Cortney Fry, 19, Columbia, 20 July 2004

This one was actually wrong in the article, fourboys. I double checked it, and they sure enough posted it incorrectly.

No thanks needed, we all wish to see Cortney come home.

Hopefully, some of the good folks here at WS will sign her guest book(s) with messages of HOPE.

Prayers for Cortney and her family, Lanie

http://www.lancasteronline.com/pages/news/local/4/11405

Hunters find skeletal remains in Manor Twp.
Autopsy being conducted today. There's speculation that remains are of a Columbia woman missing since July.

By Cindy Stauffer
Lancaster New EraHunters find skeletal remains in Manor Twp.
Autopsy being conducted today. There's speculation that remains are of a Columbia woman missing since July.

By Cindy Stauffer
Lancaster New Era

Published: Jan 24, 2005 1:10 PM EST

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - They were hunting rabbits, trying to flush out their quarry by beating through the underbrush in a patch of woods south of Columbia Saturday morning.

That’s when someone saw the skull.

“It was under the bushes,” said Leroy Ortman, one of the hunters. “It wasn’t in the open.”

Today, a pathologist was performing an autopsy on the skeletal remains that the hunters discovered about 25 yards off Franklin Road in Manor Township.

Some were speculating today that the remains were those of Cortney Fry, a 19-year-old woman who disappeared from Columbia almost exactly six months ago.

This has got to be a serious blow to her family and friends. I KNOW they were hoping for a different outcome. I hope that now the investigation can start going forward and that someone is brought to justice for this horrible crime. My prayers and thoughts to her family, friends and law enforcement.

This is so horrible! I feel ill. What a beautiful young lady and her life taken from her needlessly.
I feel pain for her family, friends and especially her little baby who will never get to really know her mother and they joy she brought to so many others in life.

This angers me to no extent!!!
The way people are thrown out like trash by vicious, heartless killers is just beyond cruel.

I am glad that at least she was found, but my goodness not like this.
At least her family can have some closure, although this is not the closure I would wish upon anyone.

I wonder if the boyfriend is a suspect now? Such a sad, sad story. Prayers for that family and esp. for Cortney's mom and baby daughter. :(

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I suspect the boyfriend in this case and the one of the missing Omaha young woman who was just found yesterday and id'd today, too.

What a sad day.

englishleigh said:
I wonder if the boyfriend is a suspect now? Such a sad, sad story. Prayers for that family and esp. for Cortney's mom and baby daughter. :(
I'm sure the boyfriend has been a suspect all along, but there was nothing to go on before now. There was the issue of him "fleeing" to Delaware and refusing to speak to police, but he did eventually come back to give a statement.
This whole thing is so sad. :( I'm glad they found her, though. Her poor family, not knowing.

Cortney's family loved her so. Her infant daughter will never remember her, but I know that she will know her mom through shared stories from this lovely family. I only wish she had more time to see the baby blossom and grow. She's so beautiful.

Rest in peace, Cortney.

Prayers and sympathy to the family and friends. I hope justice will be served to the monster who did this.

We prayed so hard for her to come back to you safely. Sorry is not enough.
Many thoughts of healing and comfort are being sent your way.

She will never be forgotten.
Rest in peace, beautiful girl.

With prayers for justice, Lanie

for the family and friends of Cortney that worked so hard
in getting her name and face out there,
my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Cortney you will not be forgotten.

fourboys

So very sad. I was afraid of this outcome. I knew this young lady would not have left that precious baby. This is so heartbreaking, and at the same time leaves us angry at a killer. One she likely was close to.
Prayers of comfort and healing for her family and friends.

Why do Stewart's relatives have custody of the baby?!! Obviously, he is a strong suspect. When someone is murdered, often it is a person close to the victim.
If I were the Fry's, I would sue for full custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back