GUILTY PA - Daniel, 6, & Luke Schlemmer, 3, drowned in bathtub, McCandless, 1 April 2014

the hearings are being delayed because she wont take her meds (speculation)

these kids never had a chance because "nice church going white ladies don't do this" smh makes me rage.

Or, she has been taking her meds, but is able to convince her shrink that "she's not quite there yet" (in terms of being competent to what . . .? Go to jail? Understand WTH she did to the kids when she accomplished her goal on the 2nd try??!!!) Too bad there isn't a definitive medical test to look into someone's brain when it comes to certain mental disorders. It's very subjective, not quantifiable, and anyone can act like they're looney if it'll keep 'em out of prison. That's what Hoggle is doing.

(My "unbiased" opinion, of course!)

[video=twitter;895309344778178562]https://twitter.com/AlleghenyCoDA/status/895309344778178562[/video]

the hearings are being delayed because she wont take her meds (speculation)

these kids never had a chance because "nice church going white ladies don't do this" smh makes me rage.

Do you have a link to this? :eek:nline: TIA!

And thank you JusticeWillBeServed for the new date.... :gaah:

JUSTICE for DANIEL & LUKE! :rose:

:judge:

no, that's why I said speculation. gaeta is doing it too. its common in insanity defenses.

Do you have a link to this? :eek:nline: TIA!

And thank you JusticeWillBeServed for the new date.... :gaah:

JUSTICE for DANIEL & LUKE! :rose:

:judge:

Mother gets 30 to 80 years in prison for sons’ bathtub drownings

An Allegheny County judge called the sentence imposed Wednesday on 44-year-old Laurel Schlemmer, who was found guilty but mentally ill of third-degree murder in March, a de-facto life term given her age.

She'll begin her sentence in a state mental hospital and then will be moved to prison if doctors ever deem her cured.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/12301551-74/north-hills-mom-who-murdered-2-sons-to-spend-up-to-80

“Perhaps in the years to come, her remaining child, her husband, her mother and her father and others will forgive her, but the court is not in the forgiveness business,” he said. “We, as a society, are left with punishment. And the punishments for murderers are decidedly severe.”

“No one could be more grieved than me,” Laurel Schlemmer, wearing a county jail-issued red jumpsuit and shackles, told the court. “I wish I could undo the harm I have caused and have our precious boys back, but I cannot fix the situation.”

Assistant District Attorney Lisa Pellegrini was unmoved. She questioned Schlemmer's remorse.

“How could she be remorseful — a woman who murdered her children? How could she be a ‘7 out of 10?' ” Pellegrini said, referring to her assessment of her mental wellbeing.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north/2017/09/13/Laurel-Schlemmer-sons-mother-drowned-McCandless-murder-mental-illness-Allegheny-County/stories/201709130161

In fact, no one even said their names — not once — until the hearing where their mother was sentenced to serve 30 to 80 years in prison for killing them had concluded.

And then, it wasn’t one of the boys’ relatives. It was Mike Manko, the spokesman for the Allegheny County District Attorney’s office, who tried to humanize the 3- and 6-year-olds during a statement to the media.

“I wanted to make sure people knew the names of Daniel and Luke Schlemmer, the two boys who are no longer with us as a result of this crime,” Mr. Manko said. “It’s almost inconceivable that their names were not mentioned during the sentencing hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back