GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

If he dials the straight 10 digit number to the police station, does that mean it is not a recorded conversation as when dialing 911?

Or does he think she is already dead,so it's not an emergency,better dial direct to the station house!:doh:

luthersmomma: Love your posts but the text message spelling is offputting to me. Would you consider using regular old spelling here? I.E. you = you instead of "u", probably instead of probablee? Thanks a lot!

Greta just indicated 0927 CST that she will be talking about this case after break - hurry !

AlwaysShocked...LM said in a clever way in an earlier post that her "y" key was broken. That's why she posted the way she did.

I missed most of it, what I got was

The DA said "The alibi consists of the secretary who saw him at work, he stopped at a WaWa and then went to Chinatown to pick up produce. They are looking into who can say they saw him and checking the film at WaWa,& asking the public to come forward with any info.

Gracelin said:
I missed most of it, what I got was

The DA said "The alibi consists of the secretary who saw him at work, he stopped at a WaWa and then went to Chinatown to pick up produce. They are looking into who can say they saw him and checking the film at WaWa,& asking the public to come forward with any info.
One tidbit - the broken glass - it was broken from the outside however the perp did not enter the house that way as no glass was tracked into the house from that location. No one heard the dog barking and the dog was not hurt.

Gracelin said:
www.montcopa.org

I have been trying to log on to the courthouse all day, it seems the server is down.
They record tax assesments and describe the house in detail room size ect..

Also we could check more on any filings. Domestic abuse cases are listed as well as divorce and criminal..

Good job describing the ride by..

Read your blog Mr. pretty interesting stuff..
Hey Neighbor! I was over at CTv and saw lisafremont's post about this-so came over to check it out. I grew up in Souderton, lived in Telford for about 5 years and now live in lovely Skippack! I was so wrapped up in the Michelle Young case that I totally ignored this one in our own back yard!

Amazing that we have another death of a wife by bludgeoning. She was beaten completely beyond recognition. It would have to be a killer that just loses it to beat someone like that.

One thing I don't understand. Their dog was in the house and didn't bark evidently. I would think if the dogs mistress was being beaten like that, even if the master was doing the beating, wouldn't the dog bark like heck? Would the dog turn a blind ear to the killing itself?

That poor Olivia, their daughter. 2 days before Christmas and this happens. I can't imagine him doing this at that time. How cruel! It seems like an open and shut case, pretty much, don't you think. From what I heard on Greta he doesn't have a complete alibi, stopped many places like to have a cup of coffree, etc, so timing might be not exact.

Don't you think they have enough to put him behind bars? I am so mad I can hardly type.

Got an interesting comment on this blog entry:

Direct link to the comment:

Quote:

There are several strange aspects to this case, not the least of which is the husband’s reaction to the whole thing. This is an extremely quiet and safe neighborhood, and everyone is shocked and very tense about this, wanting some answers. However, Prof. Robb seems very calm and non-chalant over the whole thing. He has returned to the home and has been staying there, not easy for someone who cared at all for the fact that the mother of their child was brutally murdered in that house. Additionally, since returning the house has been left open, the garage door was up all night the other evening, and the outside lights (always on all evening while Ellen was alive) were all shut off. I know that if I came home to find a family member murdered I would be terrified to be in that house, and if I really thought it was a stranger I’d have my house locked up like a drum with every light on.
I wrote a new entry yesterday about the case, too. Go read a little about the possibility of a "grim trigger" figuring into this murder:

Wonder what is delaying any arrest in this case?

Steve

Me too Steve, wondering why no arrest yet! BTW it is really good to see you again Steve. It has been since Immette, which was so awfully sad.

I'll make a bet that this wife Ellen was being abused by him long before he actually took this long cylindrical object to her head. She was reclusive, neighbors saying she didn't go out much. He took their daughter trick or treating and he took her selling cookies in the neighborhood. She might have had injuries from him hitting her, or kicking her. And when a woman is in this situation she becomes mentally overwhelmed. She doesn't want people to see what has happened to her, and she doesn't know how to get away from him no matter how much money she has on her own. It is a real syndrome, and I know the AR will give us answers on that.

God bless her and also Olivia. Scandi

Gracelin said:
If he dials the straight 10 digit number to the police station, does that mean it is not a recorded conversation as when dialing 911?

Gracelin, I had the same thought as soon as I heard that he phoned the station house and not 911. Everyone knows 911 is recorded. Is the other kind as well?

I decided to ask by calling my local precinct which I have done from time to time. It's the 19th on Manhattan's East Side. It rings and rings and rings. It is not the way to get help quickly. --- Yes! A desk sargeant answers. Last time I called was to get a police report for the event of being knocked down by a cab in a crosswalk (last year, broken ankle, fine now!!). I ask my question and the sargeant says: yes, somewhere the call IS being recorded.

That's NYC. Anyone else care to call your local police and ask? He didn't seem to mind! I wished him happy new year and thanked him!

What part doesn't make sense? No foot prints outside...staged burglary...leaving for work in a.m....comes home 'before' daughter gets home....zero emotion at church and funeral....there is NOTHING to steal from their house....act of hatred! Yes, innocent until proven guilty, but personally I don't see any gray areas here.:furious:

Yes, she most likely was being abused emotionally and physicaly long before the actual murder. Yes, he is a control freak. Yes, it's all about money. Doesn't seem very gray to me: No sign of break-in.....no crushed glass.....nothing taken from house....pending divorce issue (guess he would have to pay alimony AND child support!...that will get him where it hurts!)....leaves in the a.m. and happens to arrive home before daughter gets off bus.....ZERO emotion at church and funeral....no problem-o returning to house with his daughter...no big deal, I guess.... Yes, you are innocent until proven guilty, but c'mon.....who else would pulverize his wife's face??? Truly an act of hatred and rage. He lost it!

Ditto...I called our local police and it rang and rang and rang and rang and rang...and then I was put on hold!

Thanks, Sabal. I don't see a link for streaming video, so no way to watch it. Is someone in the area who watches the presser willing to share the details with us???
TIA!!

Tia said:
Hey Neighbor! I was over at CTv and saw lisafremont's post about this-so came over to check it out. I grew up in Souderton, lived in Telford for about 5 years and now live in lovely Skippack! I was so wrapped up in the Michelle Young case that I totally ignored this one in our own back yard!
It is a small woirld ! Hi neighbor..

I caught a small blurb on the news,will pry the remote from hubby's hands and check channel 3 first commerical break,(All my children is on and it is his hour lol)

Hi All! I have posted on this thread but thought I would toss out my two cents.

I am very close to area that she was killed and also work in the same facility as the professor. His office has been searched. I have not seen him but that doesn't mean he hasn't been in, I am not close to his office so it wouldn't be odd for me not to see him. Still trying to dig for some more dirt....

Pennsylvania economics professor broke his silence Wednesday and spoke exclusively to CBS 3 about the investigation surrounding the brutal murder of his wife inside their Main Line home.

Authorities in Montgomery County sat down with Rafael Robb, 56, the husband of 49-year-old Ellen Rob, who was found beaten to death inside her Upper Merion home in the 600 block of Forest Street.

http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_003110055.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back