GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

not that I am condoning the sentence in any way, but perhaps due to his age and health he was given a lighter sentence.

I know, I know - he really should rot for what he did, but since he wasn't sentenced to life do they not have to take in to account his remaing life expectancy?

This is just sick if you ask me. only getting 5-10 years for killing his wife with a metal bar, then staging the murder to look like a burglary gone wrong! I know someone serving a longer sentence for forging a check once! What a slap to the face!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6514729

This is just so wrong on so many levels.. the judges in the Philadelphia area seem to be giving so many poor sentances.. they are an injustice to the victims and their families and frankly its a slap in the face to them and to the public. I am outraged at the number of light sentances .. and when you consider the brutal assault, the motive and the victimization of both the victim and their child as well as the life long damage he has caused to his child.. this sentance is a joke..

Ellen was victimized again. This time by the judicial system and court. It is OUTRAGEOUS what went down.

I don't understand this sentence. This is very wrong. The judges are making a mockery of the judicial system and human life. I would hope that the people will vote them out...never to stand in judgment and to disregard another human being ever again. For shame on them...an embarrassment for our system.

I have a good friend who is both a former prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer. He knows the DA and the defense lawyers in this case. He says that the state's case against Robb was very weak. Had he not pled guilty, there is a good chance that he would not have been convicted by a jury.

They have already said that there will be no appeals. I think this is the best deal the DA felt he could get.

Keep in mind that the plea bargain may have also avoided having Olivia testify.

I guess the sentence speaks loudly of the value the justice system put on Ellen's life. We shouldn't be surprised. The killer should have gotten enough years so that he would die in prison. There was no doubt that he murdered his wife. I think a common sense jury would have figured it out if we could.
Some judges have less sense then most 4 yr olds have. I swear there are judges on benches who are for the killer instead of thinking of what happened to the victim and the victim's family. It just makes me so angry. This sentence just isn't right. He should have gotten at least 20 years and have had to serve every one of them. That would have been better then LWOP for him.

He's getting out on parole later this month.:furious:

Now he can mess up his daughter's life even more.

that guy should have gotten a longer sentence than he did. ggggrrrr

I don't really care about how much time he spends behind bars. I care alot about what he can do to his daughter. She is better off with her uncle, imho. She should not have to listen to her father's "justification" for killing her mother.

Parole board may reconsider. Daughter is now in college. I hope she is doing well.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2..._Ellen_Robb_to_meet_with_parole_chairman.html

It appears the Parole board did not follow the law in informing the victim's family in due time or allowing them to give input in person. Hopefully that will help change the decision to release the murderer, but no guarantee the Parole board will reverse that. May the right thing happen here! :furious:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...geoned-His-Wife-With-Metal-Bar-281199731.html

A trial in the civil case against a former University of Pennsylvania professor who beat his wife to death in their suburban Philadelphia home is set to begin Monday. The case seeks compensatory and punitive damages from Rafael Robb...

According to attorney Robert Mongeluzzi, the family is seeking to have Ellen Robb’s estate compensated and money provided for Ellen's daughter in the new civil case. “Robb still has a hefty pension fund and investments,” Mongeluzzi said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back