GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

He has a court appearance tomorrow (November 9). I don't know what it is about. He also had surgery on October 27, presumably for his thyroid.

I have a hunch that tomorrow is going to be a request to delay the trial due to health reasons.

What do you mean he could die before this goes to trial?
What's his story?

Looks like things are hung up with this trial starting on time. It's very quiet out there.

What do you mean he could die before this goes to trial?
What's his story?

Looks like things are hung up with this trial starting on time. It's very quiet out there.

I believe he has thyroid cancer. He has had a few furloughs from prison to attend Dr. appointments and to have surgery. One appointment was for a thyroid biopsy. If the issue of admitting the expert testimony gets appealed prior to trial, the trial won't start for a year or more.

Although thyroid cancer is treatable, it can spread etc., and at his age it could go downhill quickly.

I believe he has thyroid cancer. He has had a few furloughs from prison to attend Dr. appointments and to have surgery. One appointment was for a thyroid biopsy. If the issue of admitting the expert testimony gets appealed prior to trial, the trial won't start for a year or more.

Although thyroid cancer is treatable, it can spread etc., and at his age it could go downhill quickly.

Is this information that's out there? I haven't read anything about it. Thanks.

It has not been in a newspaper article, if that's what you mean. I periodically look at the court docket to see what is going on and I have posted messages about what I find from time to time.

If you want to see for yourself, go to www.ujsportal.pacourts.us ( i think that's it. or google "UJS Portal" and it will get you there) and follow the links to "Common Pleas Dockets". Use the public web dockets. You don't need a password. The thyroid biopsy was first mentioned in June. The site doesn't work with any browser other than Internet Explorer, in my experience.

I might be jumping to conclusions, but a biopsy followed by surgery is often due to cancer.

I agree about the surgery assumption. I'll go to that website. Thanks.

I often wonder how Mrs. Robb's daughter is doing. Losing your mom so suddenly and violently. Poor girl.

I often wonder how Mrs. Robb's daughter is doing. Losing your mom so suddenly and violently. Poor girl.

A 14 y/o girl about a mile away lost her father under similar circumstances on Wednesday. It's interesting to me that no one has replied to my post on that subject. It makes me think that folks care more about murdered women than men.

A 14 y/o girl about a mile away lost her father under similar circumstances on Wednesday. It's interesting to me that no one has replied to my post on that subject. It makes me think that folks care more about murdered women than men.

I've been watching that thread - I wondered why no one has said anything - I couldn't find much about the story either....weird!

LM, I didn't see that. I'm thinking it was the murder in Treddyfin. If I am saying that correctly. I'll take a look for your post. I can understand your thoughts on that. Not on my end though as my loved one was murdered was a man as well. I'll check it out.

Olivia is doing well - as well a can be expected. She's in school, has friends and see her old friends as well.

I didn't see your post but read about this murder in the papers and saw it on TV. It has suspicious notes as well. I think any murder on the Main Line feels creepy and terrible-- whether it's a male or female victim. I think people are upset AND I think they're curious whether it's random or not. These situations are more often than not, NOT random. Time will tell with the police investigation.

I've been watching that thread - I wondered why no one has said anything - I couldn't find much about the story either....weird!

This murder story has been in every local newspaper since it happened and was reported this week, and on every local TV station, nightly.

Olivia is doing well - as well a can be expected. She's in school, has friends and see her old friends as well.

That's very good to hear, AWL. Thank you so much for sharing. I figured she's missing her mom. That's great she gets to see her old friends as well.

I didn't see your post but read about this murder in the papers and saw it on TV. It has suspicious notes as well. I think any murder on the Main Line feels creepy and terrible-- whether it's a male or female victim. I think people are upset AND I think they're curious whether it's random or not. These situations are more often than not, NOT random. Time will tell with the police investigation.

I have been following it closely as have my friends at work. But except for you, me and Filly, no one on WS seems to be interested. Dead husbands don't seem to get much sympathy here.

Some stories are wildly horrible. And reported heavily.
Some are horrible and remain sort of quiet until the police figure out what's going on. Media is kept at a distance. Better for the police to do all the work and not expose anything that can compromise the investigation.

I don't think it's female/male thing. But a profile thing, yes. Who the person was, where they lived, what they did for a living, etc.

I have been following it closely as have my friends at work. But except for you, me and Filly, no one on WS seems to be interested. Dead husbands don't seem to get much sympathy here.

Just to pipe in, as guys we like to think we can protect ourselves better because were stronger, etc. I don't think we pay as much attention to husband deaths or to our own protection for that reason.

In reality, we probably can't protect against sudden, unexpected murderous force any better than women, esp. from a spouse or driven by spousal action.

Just my two cents.

Crypto6

Just to pipe in, as guys we like to think we can protect ourselves better because were stronger, etc. I don't think we pay as much attention to husband deaths or to our own protection for that reason.

In reality, we probably can't protect against sudden, unexpected murderous force any better than women, esp. from a spouse or driven by spousal action.

Just my two cents.

Crypto6

I was thinking the same thing too. I think women feel for men/husbands murdered as well, but over history one reads more about husbands killing wives than vice versa-- but for a few that come immediately to my memory. Women in general are highly sensitized to the topic-- and the News really jumps on the band wagon sensationalizing these sad stories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
searcher41
Back