GUILTY PA - Four mentally disabled people held captive in Philly dungeon, 2011

Here comes the insanity defense...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/132033308.html

Cameron (Weston's ex-boyfriend) said he met Weston in 2006 or 2007 in Killeen, Texas. He said he was shocked to learn yesterday from the Daily News that Weston previously had been convicted of murder in Philadelphia.

In 1981, Weston and a sister beat, tied up and put in a closet a man who had impregnated the sister, after he said he wouldn't support the unborn child. The man died of starvation two months later. Weston was initially judged mentally incompetent to stand trial, then was convicted in 1984 of third-degree murder.

Yesterday, Weston appeared briefly via video for her arraignment in the Tacony case. Her attorney, Michael J. Graves Jr., said afterward that a family member of hers told him that she is schizophrenic.

Weston, Thomas and Wright face kidnapping, conspiracy and related charges and were being held on $2.5 million bail each. All three are listed for a hearing Monday.

Thomas also has served time behind bars. He was convicted of a 1983 rape and served almost 10 years in state prison.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/132033308.html

THE WOMAN who police say masterminded the imprisonment of four mentally disabled adults in a squalid Northeast Philadelphia basement so she could cash in on their Social Security disability checks may have perpetrated similar scams in Texas, Florida and Virginia.

When Linda Ann Weston lived in Norfolk, Va., in 2008, "one of the people she was taking care of died," an ex-boyfriend of Weston's said yesterday.

At least one of the men arrested with her has served time for rape. I wouldn't be surprised if other charges come out.

Weston is said to be schizophrenic. On her previous trial she was first judged to be incompetent, then later stood trial.

It sounds like she first befriends the victims, then manipulates them into signing over power of attorney so she can collect their checks. Then she imprisons them so they can't change the disability status.

I highly doubt she is schizophrenic. Psychopathic maybe.....

I saw part of that story and also wondered what was going on. It sounded like they had just found her and that she may have been chained to the boiler too. That doesn't even make sense. Did they find the four individuals, go back later to inspect the area and then discover this missing girl?

The four who were imprisoned in the boiler room have been on camera and they are adults. So she wasn't one of the ones who were imprisoned.

That fact, plus the info that she used to play with the children of the home and was last seen in the company of one of the kids in the home (a boy) is making me think that possibly she was a runaway. Probably when LE arrived they just thought that she was one of the kids who lived in the home. It may have taken some time to find out she wasn't one of their kids. Then her family would have to be notified before media was told.

Still she is a child, and Weston took her out of state. Would it still be kidnapping?

WESH 2 news in FL are interviewing the victims at 4 PM and the clips are so sad!!!

The four who were imprisoned in the boiler room have been on camera and they are adults. So she wasn't one of the ones who were imprisoned.

That fact, plus the info that she used to play with the children of the home and was last seen in the company of one of the kids in the home (a boy) is making me think that possibly she was a runaway. Probably when LE arrived they just thought that she was one of the kids who lived in the home. It may have taken some time to find out she wasn't one of their kids. Then her family would have to be notified before media was told.

Still she is a child, and Weston took her out of state. Would it still be kidnapping?

bbm

My understanding is that it is a federal crime to take a minor across state lines without parental permission. I could be wrong, but one of our children is adopted and we had to get all kinds of clearances to leave one state and enter another state...

How did she know they were getting a disability check? Does she know someone who works at the post office so knew the addresses those checks went to? Did she know someone from a insurance company that had that information?

I know I read one said dating service...but she targeted mentally disabled people!

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news...rming_House_Of_Horrors_Case_Task_Force_101811

Investigators are looking for two vehicles, a sport-utility vehicle and a van, in which the trio and their alleged victims apparently traveled.
(Phila. Police Commissioner) Ramsey said they're also looking at all of Weston's post office boxes, bank accounts and more in an attempt to following the money, and they're examining identity fraud possibilities. For example, police want to know if she opened accounts or credit cards in the victims' names.

Authorities say the group was constantly moving. They have located several buildings in Texas and Florida where they stayed, although they're not yet ready to comment on the conditions at every one of those spots, FOX 29's Dave Schratwieser reported.

Philadelphia. Again.

In addition to the direct perps, I hope they round up every single politician, administrator, social worker, and subcontractor whose negligence allowed this to happen. The ink has barely had time to dry for bringing justice to Danieal Kelly (warning, child neglect). It sure seems like the city didn't clean up enough the last time someone was tortured and neglected on their watch.

I'm sorry, but five years after letting that little girl die, Philadelphians should be banging on the doors of city hall demanding answers.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/woman-in-basement-case-1204447.html

On Tuesday night, police said they had taken six juveniles and four young adults believed to be related to the suspects and perhaps victims into protective custody after being alerted by Florida authorities to search for them. Police spokesman Lt. Raymond Evers said the 2- to 16-year-old children and 18- to 19-year-old young adults were being medically evaluated. He said police were investigating the possibility that Breeden might be the mother of two of the youngest children, but tests were needed to confirm the relationships involved.

Philadelphia. Again.

In addition to the direct perps, I hope they round up every single politician, administrator, social worker, and subcontractor whose negligence allowed this to happen. The ink has barely had time to dry for bringing justice to Danieal Kelly (warning, child neglect). It sure seems like the city didn't clean up enough the last time someone was tortured and neglected on their watch.

I'm sorry, but five years after letting that little girl die, Philadelphians should be banging on the doors of city hall demanding answers.

With all due respect these horrendous crimes didn't just happen in Philadelphia. More States are involved. Texas, Florida, North Carolina.

One of lour last thread for Danieal. RIP sweet girl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106437&highlight=danieal+kelly

It;s obvious more people have to be tracked down that are involved in this.

Weston's young niece was found in Frankford. A woman who rented a house to Weston for years said SSI information had been coming to the house for years, but not checks. That home was further up in Northeast Philadelphia. She gets busted in Tacony. In our city alone that's four distinctly different neighborhoods. She had to have had more people helping her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/132110243.html?cmpid=15585797

I am worried that there could be more people locked up somewhere and now no-one to feed them with the perps arrested. Hopefully LE has a search warrent on any place remotedly connected to these villains.

I am worried that there could be more people locked up somewhere and now no-one to feed them with the perps arrested. Hopefully LE has a search warrent on any place remotedly connected to these villains.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/1...oxnews/national+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

I guess they are....

Some of the young people, ranging in age from 2 to 19, were rescued around 5:30 p.m. local time, reportedly near the apartment building in Philadelphia's Tacony neighborhood.

The ten young people all have ties to the case. Two of the children were born to Tamara Breeden, who is one of the four original victims. Breeden was a missing woman from Philadelphia whose case was marked "closed" last year.
Police also found Weston's niece, Beatrice Weston, who was reported missing in 2009.

This woman Tamara Breeden has been missing for 6 years and they closed the case??? Why??? She had two children while in captivity or were all of them kidnapped? :scream:
Weston kidnapped her own niece??? :scream:

More details on the 1981 murder of Bernardo Ramos:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lts-Starved-Man-to-Death-in-81-132013283.html

Linda Ann Weston, 51, was convicted of keeping 25-year-old Bernardo Ramos in the closet of her North Philadelphia apartment until he starved to death, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer after looking into articles and reports from the 1981 murder.

According to the reports, Weston locked Ramos in a closet until he died because he refused to pay child support for her sister’s unborn child.

The newspaper articles from 1981 state that Weston and her sister, Venus Weston, beat Ramos with a hammer, tied him up in the closet, fed him only three times over two months, and beat him with broomsticks, reports the Inquirer. They then dumped his body in an abandoned house.

Now, Weston is one of three suspects in the case of four mentally disabled adults found locked in a boiler room in the sub-basement of a Philadelphia apartment building Saturday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back