GUILTY PA - Jennifer Daugherty, 30, Held Captive, Tortured To Death, Greensburg, 11 Feb 2010 *appeal 2022 denied*

It will probably be a few days before they identify her.

:(
fran

Girl's/Woman's Body Found In Garbage Can in Middle School Parking Lot (PA) - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The victim was described by police as a white female weighing 140 pounds standing 5 feet 9 inches tall. She has brown hair and was wearing blue jeans and a gray hooded sweatshirt. She is believed to be 25 years old.

ok, I may be misremembering here but I'm almost positive I just read a description like that on a missing female - down to the gray hoodie & blue jeans

don't want to get anyone's hopes up, including my own b/c I don't even remember where I saw it but I'm going to look & see if I can find it again

ETA: this may or may not be the one I was thinking of ... coulda sworn the one I read said 'hoodie' but Ryann's description says 'sweater'

CA CA - Ryann Bunnell Crow - 23 years old - Salinas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

probably not her ... CA to PA

will keep looking!

I wonder how much the wind has been blowing there ? A big gust of wind could have rolled the trash can and lodged it under the truck ...This is disturbing !
I live 2 blocks from this middle school. They have plowed the teachers' parking lot many times since last Friday's giant snow storm. I drove by the school yesterday and there were cars in the teachers' lot. The city has bulldozers scooping up giant piles of snow and putting it into tractor trailers to remove it from the city, so everyone had to scramble to find a place to park their cars off of the street. This is a historic district with 100 year old houses so many people must park on the street (no garage, garage is in the alley which is not plowed, or driveway is on a very steep hill). The garbage can could have rolled with the winds we had last night, but with a 140 lbs body inside and on 6 inches of brand new, wet snow, I really doubt it.

The really creepy part is thinking about whether the killer put the body there to be quickly identified or if the body was put there for children to find it.

The only female in this area that has been "advertised" as missing and fits this description went missing LAST winter. They had her photos on posters in many stores.

I added the reason for the edited thread title earlier today.

Last edited by Texas Mist; Today at 03:37 PM. Reason: changed thread title based on latest info

I was talking about the actual article in the first post as it reads teenager, but when I clicked on the link, the article was updated to woman.

Woman's Body Found In Middle School Parking Lot

GREENSBURG (KDKA) A woman's body was reportedly found in a garbage can outside of Greensburg Salem Middle School this morning.

According to Greensburg Police, a man left his truck in the parking lot overnight and when he returned this morning he found the garbage can shoved underneath.

Authorities say inside the garbage can was a woman's body with a garbage bag over placed over the head.

The discovery was made around 6:30 a.m.

http://kdka.com/westmoreland/body.found.Greensburg.2.1487621.html

Here is a missing teen described at 5'9" with long brown hair with reddish tint. She went missing from Wenatchee, WA. Google says it would take 1 day and 14 hours to get to Greensburg. She went missing on Tues afternoon - so not enough time, I don't think. But the circumstances of her disappearance are odd and this school thing, for some reason, seems to fit in my mind.

WA Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

ETA: link to Google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=301+North+Main+Street,+Greensburg,+PA+15601-1897+(Greensburg-Salem+Middle+School)&geocode=CSzW-ay8QrTAFW0GZwIdbztC-yEPugDX4Zqa8g&dirflg=&saddr=Wenatchee,+WA&f=d&hl=en&dq=Greensburg+Salem+Middle+School+loc:+Pennsylvania&sll=40.306089,-79.544899&sspn=0.004222,0.011319&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=4

Just another thought: I wonder if the garbage can was missing from the house where they found her car.

Another poster called the Greensburg PD and they have identified the victim as a local woman there.

fhc - do you have anymore info on the victim being identified? Did the poster post a message for all of us and I just missed it?

TIA,

Salem

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/22531627/detail.html

GREENSBURG, Pa. -- At a morning news conference, Greensburg police announced six people have been arrested and charged with criminal homicide in the death of a woman found wrapped in plastic and stuffed inside a garbage can in a school parking lot on Main Street in Greensburg.

A woman's body was found stuffed inside a garbage can in the center of a school parking lot on Main Street in Greensburg.

Greensburg police said that a man parked his car at Greensburg Salem Middle School on Wednesday night to make room for snow plows that were going to be clearing his street. He retrieved his car at about 6:30 a.m. Thursday and found the garbage can under his vehicle.

Police said they believe the woman, whose identity has not been officially released, was killed somewhere else and then moved to the parking lot.

The body was taken to Pittsburgh for an autopsy. Police said the case is definitely a homicide, but the official cause of death is not yet known.

Channel 4 Action News' Jennifer Miele reported police said the suspects "tortured" the victim for 36 hours. Police said the suspects, whose identities have not yet been released, made the woman drink urine, ripped her hair out and painted her face with nail polish.

That poor girl, how sad!

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/22531627/detail.html

GREENSBURG, Pa. -- At a morning news conference, Greensburg police announced six people have been arrested and charged with criminal homicide in the death of a woman found wrapped in plastic and stuffed inside a garbage can in a school parking lot on Main Street in Greensburg.

A woman's body was found stuffed inside a garbage can in the center of a school parking lot on Main Street in Greensburg.

Greensburg police said that a man parked his car at Greensburg Salem Middle School on Wednesday night to make room for snow plows that were going to be clearing his street. He retrieved his car at about 6:30 a.m. Thursday and found the garbage can under his vehicle.

Police said they believe the woman, whose identity has not been officially released, was killed somewhere else and then moved to the parking lot.

The body was taken to Pittsburgh for an autopsy. Police said the case is definitely a homicide, but the official cause of death is not yet known.

Channel 4 Action News' Jennifer Miele reported police said the suspects "tortured" the victim for 36 hours. Police said the suspects, whose identities have not yet been released, made the woman drink urine, ripped her hair out and painted her face with nail polish.

That poor girl, how sad!

chaddy, thanks fror the update this is just horrible ! This poor woman, LE was sure quick with an arrest, may they all rot in you no where :furious:

Six, including juvenile, charged with beating, stabbing death of woman

By Bob Stiles
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, February 12, 2010
Last updated: 9:38 am

Six people — three men and three females — have been charged in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found in a trash can outside Greensburg Salem Middle School on Thursday.

The six are: Robert Loren Masters Jr., 36; Ricky V. Smyrnes, 23; and Melvin Knight, 20, all of 428 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Greensburg; Peggy Darlene Miller, 27, 3 Carnegie Ave., Mt. Pleasant Township; Amber C. Meidinger, 20, of 103 Indiana Drive, Building O, Greensburg; and a 17-year-old Greensburg teen.

The six were arraigned on charges including criminal homicide, kidnapping, aggravated assault and conspiracy and are being held without bond in the Westmoreland County Prison.

Police said the victim, identified in court papers as Jennifer Daugherty, was stabbed multiple times while she was in the second-floor apartment where Masters, Smyrnes and others live. Her hair had been shaved, according to an arrest warrant affidavit, and she was bound with Christmas decorations and clothing.

Authorities said that Smyrnes; Knight; Meidinger; Masters, Miller and the juvenile female all admitted involvement in the crime

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_666896.html

I just went on my facebook and the victim is the sister of one of my friends.... I do not personally know the victim, but her sister is a very nice person, I can't even imagine what her family is going through.

That poor woman. How dare this mob attack and torture her. Has the world always been this scary? RIP to the victim. I'm sorry your last hours on this planet were filled with such horror.

I hope we find out what the motive was, what possesses people to do these horrible things to another human being.

How horrible!! Poor Jennifer - to be tortured like that - I'm just kinda brain-numb now.

Prayers for her family & friends, and justice to be served. Bless LE for finding these perps so quickly.

RIP, Jennifer :rose:

36 hours!!! and women also involved...........hope they all get DP>
We need to bring the DP back for animal/monsters like this.
There can be no rehab for such acts!!!!!
Thank goodness no child discovered her, what a nightmare!

Wow, this is so shocking and sad. I wonder if she knew these people? I can't believe we have one person who could do such a thing - but for SIX individuals to all get together and agree this is something they should do??? Absolutely appalling.

Sort of reminds me of the young man (I'm sorry I can't remember his name) we read about here that was murdered by a man, his wife, two sons and some other friends. The young man was found in the back of the murderer's semi.

Pack mentality.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back