PA PA - Joey Offutt, 33, State College, July 2007

I can't locate updates for Joey Lynn. The body found in DEC hasn't been identified as her.

Bumping for Joey.

Looks like her ex boyfriend / father of the deceased baby is getting married this month. I would like to know how long they were dating and what she thinks about Joey's disappearance.

http://fetchoclearfieldcountypa.info/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=show_ad&adid=17&Itemid=343

http://fetchoclearfieldcountypa.inf...dsmanager&page=show_user&userid=62&Itemid=343

It seems the gf goes by two different maiden names...aliases perhaps?
http://fetchoclearfieldcountypa.info/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=show_user&userid=62&Itemid=343

looking up one of these names brings up an article and pic about her being part of a cocaine ring.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=4058

Seems like the owner of the Find Joey myspace page has her suspicions about Alexis too!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=251001777&blogId=487922634

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20443070&BRD=2758&PAG=461&dept_id=572984&rfi=6

07/31/2010
Reported by Kimberly Finnigan, Tri-County Sunday. E-mail: kfinnigan@thecourierexpress.com

For three years, the family of a missing Sykesville woman has been doing everything possible to keep the search for her alive.

According to previously-published Courier-Express/Tri-County Sunday articles, Joey Lynn Offutt has been missing from Sykesville since a fire destroyed her home July 12, 2007.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/28510801/detail.html

Posted: 12:53 pm EDT July 11, 2011

SYKESVILLE, Pa. -- The reward for information in a four-year-old Jefferson County missing person case has now been increased.

Joey Lynn Offutt has been missing without a trace from her home in Sykesville since July 12, 2007. The morning of her disappearance, a fire destroyed her home.

Anyone know where the boys from Connecticut home invasion were in the preceding weeks? Not saying it has anything to do with them....but following home from the store and firing up the house maybe?

After reading recent article I searched and found this case. Bumping for Joey.

saw her show on investigation id last night. in regards to the bf. he was interviewed by the police he had a polygraph and they said he did well on it. then towards the end of the show they said the pd came back to him and claimed he failed the test and they wanted him to do another one which he refused. no where in the broadcast of the show did they say he was a convicted felon. if he was i am sure the show would have mentioned that. they also mentioned that joey had the mind of a child at times. if she was still alive where would she be getting money from.

also in regards to the fire nothing on the show mentioned if the on and off again boyfriend had an alibi i am sure they would have checked that out to make sure he had nothing to do with the fire as well.

also in regards to the seat being moved back in the car i am 5'0 and i need to be very close to the steering wheel in order to reach the gas and break petals. but sometimes i often put the seat to close to me that when i need to get out of the car i cannot because the steering wheel is in my way so i often have to move the seat back. maybe she parked it and could have dropped something and it fell deep under the seat and she needed to reach under to get it so she had to move the seat back very far.

i have done some searches online and not much on the case

I watched the show and found the ending bizzare! The seat being back and the car backed in, IMO this is the act of a man. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in my life it is usually men that back cars in and put the seat way back for leg room. Also, if she where going to disappear why would she drive the car to an apt compex she lived at prior with the bf and then take the time to back the car in? To hide the tag? that doesnt make sense.

Also, the fact that they both lived there together prior, IMO it was one of the 2 that placed the car there. A stranger abduction?No. The odds would be astronomical that the car would be placed in that parking lot.

Was there any referrence to the last name Holt on Disappeared? It's showing up on intellus and other search engines that she goes by that name.

i dont remember but i dvrd it because in the middle of the show my sister came over and wanted to watch the voice .i ended up watching the rest later last night with all the lights out and gave me the creeps. i can go back and check about that name. i find it odd that the car was placed there did the person or persons who did this to her know that she lived their prior.

it also mentions someplace that the ex bf never had legal consul and that anything that the local pd asked him to do he did without the presence of a lawyer. according the show and the local pd they said he did really well on the polygraph test and he passed but later in the show it mentioned that le came back to him and said he failed the test. now i know there are some cases where the tests were rigged by le to say they failed it but didn't kinda like the cases were le feeds them info and gets them to confess to a crime they never committed.

if he really failed the test in the first place i am sure the show would have known about it. also what was his alibi for the time the house went up in flames.? and was the letters she wrote more specifically the note that was found near the car seat in her own hand writing was that verified by family members to be hers.

also someplace on the web i read that she was posting on a single moms forum or some kind of forum and she mentioned that he was a former felon. if he was really a felon wouldn't the show have mentioned it i know the episode before hers was shown they mentioned one of the suspects as being a felon or something of that nature.

if any of the family is reading this or still posting was her on and off again bf a former convicted felon did he have a past with any le that you know of?. how did he and joey meet?. was it from friends, online? at a bar? a blind date kind of hook up? does he have custody of his oldest child. does he keep in contact with anyone in your family still?

On the show, they mentioned a neighbor who saw Joey on July 5th, walking with a baby stroller...she did not acknowledge his greeting, which he said was odd, and he did not see a baby in the stroller, which if true is even more odd.

I'm not sure what to make of the car parking, except that it had to be, IMO, either Joey or Alexis, the BF. I know the family said she could not have parked that way, but we really don't always know what people will or can do, IMO. And I always put my seat back to get out, or if I am going to sit in the car for a few minutes, which if she was driving, she may have done, while she decided where to go, for example.

I just can't imagine a motive for Alexis to harm the baby, or Joey for that matter...there was not any talk of abuse, just arguments and disagreements. Joey's mom said that Joey was developmentally a teenager and talked to anyone, anytime, which is why it seems so strange that she did not say hello to her neighbor. Something must have been going on with her at that time, I believe, mentally.

Still, I can't even begin to guess where she is, or what happened to her, or why the baby was killed...

do you think she was having some postpartum depression that no one knew about?. and something was going in her head to harm the baby?. the gas can that was found at the house after the fire was it dusted for finger prints? was the house thoroughly checked to make sure no other bodies were in the house hidden under debris.

I think that the trash talking of the Brolin dude is pretty awful. I can understand it in the case of Baby Lisa but the Investigation Discovery show made it very clear that he made several attempts to reach her and was very forthcoming. Of course it's possible he's a damn good liar, but immediately attacking him for finding someone new and marrying her is not appropriate. Now, if someone has proof that he was romantically with her while with Joey, then feel free to post. Also, the show made it very clear he loved the kids.

Did Joey's b.f or the father of her children, marry someone else?

They re ran this show on Disappeared tonight where i live and I saw it before too.

So sad for the family. Especially her two little girls to not know if their mom is dead or alive somewhere.

There are multitudes of places to hide a body in Pa. mostly wooded there.

Was the whole carseat out of the car or just the "baby basket" part? If the base was out, I find that very odd. Even if you take out the base to clean the car, wouldn't you just put it next to the car, clean that spot then pop it back in? Or was it the 2 year old's carseat?

I found it odd that Alexis, the boyfriend, was interviewed standing up on what looked like a porch. Not that it means anything, but I have watched every episode of "Disappeared" and never saw that before. I remember a few segments with people outside, but never standing and focused so close to his face.

maybe they had reasons to interview him outside. i know he remarried what if someone was sick in his house with a really bad cold or something that was highly contagious. they had a segment on amw last night on life time about her and the showed her ex bf he was talking and as he was talking he got really emotional and was crying. i still don't know what the deal was with the car. who other than her ex and her family knew about the old apt building?.

her family said she cannot back a car at all perfect and the seat was pulled back. could she have maybe tried to back it up a few times before hitting it right on the nail then moved the seat back to make it look like someone else did it?. Also did they bring in scent dogs to trace her scent maybe from the car to see where they would have gone.

i know the ex took a poly and he passed but then later le came back and said he failed. i know sometimes le will say u failed just to get you in interrogate you and put words into your mouth to make it look like you did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back