PA PA - John Lango, 17, Pottsville, 1 Jan 1988

I am his brother. My parents were distraught. To this day, they have no idea what happened to him. There was a call on our home phone shortly before he disappeared. It would be helpful to know who called him that night, unfortunately, I don't believe we can trace that call from 1988.

Law enforcement in 1988 wrote him off as a runaway. Not much came from them. John wasn't actually fighting with his friend at all. That was a different incident that I don't believe had anything to do with his disappearance. John just left the house. His friend was questioned and I am 100% sure he had nothing to do with it.

My parents knew something was wrong early the next day, when we didn't hear from John. They spent many hours posting flyers all over and trying to contact anyone who might know anything, but never had any leads.

My parents knew something was wrong early the next day, when we didn't hear from John. They spent many hours posting flyers all over and trying to contact anyone who might know anything, but never had any leads.

Did John seem intoxicated that night? Was it right at Midnight when John left or later? Do you remember what the argument was about between John's friend and he? Did John take drugs?

Satch

John wasn't actually fighting with his friend. His friend was not happy about something completely seperate from John. John was not drunk, but had been drinking. No drugs.

Hi All, I was reading about Johns's case after reading an article about the Soul Asylum video. There was the facebook page mentioned above. There were some comments on that page that I wonder if the police would be interested in, or if they followed up on? A comment that a Dr. Lived nearby and had all the young guys hang out at his home? It seems a bit off. Agree a car picking him up at the time he walked out, with no cell phones at that time is odd. He got in the car willingly it seems, so someone he knew? I'm sure someone has some info, just need to find the right people. I'd start with the Dr., find out who he is and what his story was.

First I have seen this case. Any thing new at all since 2017 ? That's pretty long ago now
Prayers for John and his family and friends.

John Francis Lango – The Charley Project

Last updated February 5, 2021; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
John was last seen leaving his family's residence in Pottsville, Pennsylvania at approximately 12:00 a.m. on January 1, 1988. He got into an argument with his girlfriend about where they were going to celebrate the New Year, and they parted ways. Later, John was drinking with friends at his home, there was an altercation, and the police were called. John said, "Screw this I'm, out of here." He got into a car with other people, possibly to go to a party or to the store. He never returned home and has not been heard from again.

John was a senior at Pottsville Area High School in 1988. He was well-liked by his classmates and close to his family, and his loved ones doesn't think he would have run away from home.

John Francis Lango
john_francis_lango_1.jpg
lango_john2.jpg
lango_john3.jpg
john_francis_lango_2.jpg

John, circa 1988; Age-progression to age 44 (circa 2014)

601c756bcff6e.image.jpg

There are 2 parts of the article published. 2nd one is Brother, friends don't buy runaway theory in 1988 disappearance of Pottsville teen

Article also states that police confirmed that after he left home in a car he was later at a bush party near Pottsville.

Quote from article:
“I conducted a number of interviews with persons that confirmed he ended up at a bush party outside of Pottsville after he left his house that night,” retired Pottsville police captain Glenn Dove said. “However, those interviews did not produce any viable information or leads such as how he got there, when he got there, or same as to leaving from there.”

If you can't access those 2 news articles for whatever reason you can read them in full here - Unidentified And Missing People

There is generally and undercurrent of rumors that travel through the school a missing child attends. I hope that the school staff are listening carefully as most rumors have a tiny grain of truth. Most kids "in the know" or somehow involved can't hold water and end up telling someone else and it gets spread around. If no one knows what kind of care he got into, how did the story get started he got into a car? Whomever witnessed that should be able to at least give a general description of the vehicle and color, LE can then provide pictures to help the person narrow down the make and model.

Someone knows something in this case. In fact, I would speculate that several people probably have information that would be helpful in this case. Who called the house shortly before John left? Who was driving the car he left in? Who was with him at the bush party? When and how did he leave the party? There have to be people who know the answers to these questions. Does anyone know if the area where this party was held has be thoroughly searched?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back