PA PA - John Lango, 17, Pottsville, 1 Jan 1988

Does his family believe he was actually last seen at an outdoor party? If that is true, I wonder if any names of party attendees exist in law enforcement case files. LE could attempt to interview those people again. Maybe someone has matured and realizes they need to come forward or tell what they know.

Families just suffer, not knowing what happened to their loved-one.

There are quite a few cases here of young males who disappear from an outdoor party. Some cases seem like probable misadventure - lost in the forest, etc.

Some seem like they could be an overdose that was covered-up by attendees.

Foul play is always possible but more information is needed.
JMO.

It's definitely strange, he's not even in the Namus system. The events of the night are they were drinking earlier, he fought with a girlfriend, and things got heated with a friend at John's home and police were called. Maybe something happened in the family home? It must have been ugly if his family called the police. I know people said he was at a party after the incident, but can that be confirmed? Someone mentioned his home life was a bit rough. I just feel terrible for everyone involved, I can't imagine my brother or my son just vanishing.

Still thinking on this case, it was 1988/1989, his younger brother says he saw John storm off after one of his friends was drunk and rowdy at his house and the police were called, he said he saw John walk a couple blocks and get into an unidentifiable car. If that story is true, it's almost like it was an agreed upon meeting place. Did the police check his family's phone records? Was the FBI ever involved, this could be considered kidnapping? He's not even listed on Namus, was this all just town police? No state police?

John and a friend had been drinking that night. There was an altercation at our house involving John's friend. John walked down the street to the corner and a car was waiting for him. I do not remember the make and model. I was only 10yrs old.
Do you know if John called someone from the home prior to leaving? This was 1988, no cell phones, no texting, it's strange a car happened to be driving by with someone he knew and got in drove away a few blocks from his home at 1am without knowing where to pick him up. Was it confirmed he was at a party after this pick up?

I'm wondering if his family still lives in the area and knew where the bush party was? Maybe after all these years a group search, walking the area in the party vicinity? I know it's been a long time, but over time things can be unearthed, or erosion can move leaves, brush, trees, etc. Did an organized search with cadaver dogs happen or was it considered? After all this time I'm thinking foul play or a terrible accident must have happened in the area. Are there bodies of water in the area? If yes, were the shores searched? I know flyers were put up per his brother, but cold cases are reinvestigated and if some organized ground searches take place (especially in colder weather as brush etc is much less) you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back