Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

I have been swamped today but I have to go to Newtown tomorrow and am going to see what is going on. It's a little close town and there are some locals that will know more than is being released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: no news... still searching.

http://patch.com/pennsylvania/newto...d-search-21-year-old-bensalem-woman-continues

That is ambiguous, perhaps on purpose: does it mean her cell phone and dogs were found in / near her vehicle, in her home or elsewhere?

Why are they searching "throughout Bucks County" even though they located LP's vehicle inside the park?

They are not limiting the search to the park on the chance that her car was left there and she left the park by other means.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1576023436037162:0

dadba900b7e6d5f180a0dcfebfa852cd.jpg

Just joining this thread. I wonder whether there is shady business going on at the park after dark? Homeless people camping? Could she have run into the wrong person?

The only thing I can think of why she would go there w/o her dogs after sunset is to meet a date. Maybe they drove off in the other person's car. I hope she is alright. She seems lovely, and I'm sure her family and her dogs miss her so much!

Just joining this thread. I wonder whether there is shady business going on at the park after dark? Homeless people camping? Could she have run into the wrong person?

The only thing I can think of why she would go there w/o her dogs after sunset is to meet a date. Maybe they drove off in the other person's car. I hope she is alright. She seems lovely, and I'm sure her family and her dogs miss her so much!

It does seem like she would have been found by now if she was in the park, unless she's in the water. How long do bodies take to surface in extremely hot weather?

You never know, but Newtown is in the middle of middle class whitebread suburbia. The closest urban area is Trenton, NJ, maybe 5-10 miles away, and the closest big city is Philly 30 miles away. There isn't really any known problem with drugs, gamgs, homelessness, etc., but again, who knows. Those issues can pop up just about anywhere, but I'd guess it's not likely in this area.

The north part of the park would concern me as a SAR. The area around the covered bridge, for example, and just across where there is a wooded gully. How tall are the bridges going over the creek and is there footpath access to the "waterfall" near the main park road lot?

The dogs tracking her into the park tells me she didn't leave in a car. They should also be sure to keep eyes up in trees, especially any on a hillside or steep bank.

The only serious issue I have been aware of over the years at Tyler is deer poachers. The quality of the search depends on the experience of the searchers and their training. One of the big issues in SAR over the years is getting searchers to look up into trees etc and to look down in low lying spots, animal den's and drain pipes. Searchers also tend to go around very dense growth, branch tangles, deep overgrown gullies and obstructed spots. The thinking is that if they cannot get in there, the missing person could not have either. The quality of the dog alerts depends on what type dog was used, air scent or ground scent. If there is a scent going into the park, but not out, it could mean a) the person is still in the park, b) the person was taken out in a vehicle (no scent trail), c) the person is moving around to avoid being located and thus confusing the dog(s), or d) the scent trail has been contaminated.

Not around here. In the park yes. So I get they are in control but I am wondering who is the next step troopers? Feds?

After PADER Rangers, it would be the Local Jurisdiction or PSP. A little sticky as there is no evidence of a crime. It is not illegal to go missing on your own accord, thus no criminal investigation. It probably rises to the level of a BOLO for LE. If it does not rise to the level of "missing and endangered", it may not go any further.

image.jpg

At our elementary school bus stop which is across from the park entrance on newtown richboro rd

The north part of the park would concern me as a SAR. The area around the covered bridge, for example, and just across where there is a wooded gully. How tall are the bridges going over the creek and is there footpath access to the "waterfall" near the main park road lot?

The dogs tracking her into the park tells me she didn't leave in a car. They should also be sure to keep eyes up in trees, especially any on a hillside or steep bank.
The area just below the waterfall is not deep enough where a body wouldn't already be found if she were there. The "bridge" by the "main" parking lot is more like a walkway with water running under it than a real bridge and there are paths leading into the water on either side for people to let their dogs run around and play in the creek. I've never been to the covered bridge area, though.

The waterfall is violent though. It is deep enough to drown but as po said the body would have been found unless she was caught on something. There are lots of rocks.
Once the water passes under the bridge about 60 yes from waterfall the water is shallow and you can see the bottom. She could not pass through there without being seen.
Now where the covered bridge is is deeper and more secluded and Not as easy to spot a body.

The park is massive.

What bothers me most is that they are saying she was last seen in Bensalem and her car was found in the park.
I wonder what makes them think she parked her car there.
I think they need to start releasing more info to get help

If she were in the water she would have been found by now IMO. At some points it's only an inch deep

Yes but some places it is really deep and there are plenty of logs and trees to get snagged on and lots and lots of beaver dams and brush to hide her

The waterfall is violent though. It is deep enough to drown but as po said the body would have been found unless she was caught on something. There are lots of rocks.
Once the water passes under the bridge about 60 yes from waterfall the water is shallow and you can see the bottom. She could not pass through there without being seen.
Now where the covered bridge is is deeper and more secluded and Not as easy to spot a body.

The park is massive.

What bothers me most is that they are saying she was last seen in Bensalem and her car was found in the park.
I wonder what makes them think she parked her car there.
I think they need to start releasing more info to get help

I'm guessing it's probably because they don't have any evidence that anyone else was driving the car at this point. Remember, LE has had a chance to do a forensic investigation of the vehicle. This usually gives them a clue if someone else were driving (i.e. seat moved back, fibers, blood, etc.). In these types of cases, while the case is still unresolved, people are frustrated there is not more information made public, but almost every time, it turns out that LE was right and knew what they were doing from the start.

Yes but some places it is really deep and there are plenty of logs and trees to get snagged on and lots and lots of beaver dams and brush to hide her

Very true. But the dive teams throughly checked those places I thought. Very sad. Hope she is ok

She would have to be well above or well below the dam to not find her in the water.
Imo.

Not there. It's a safe park. But again there are lots of borders that anyone could walk right through. It is not gated all around

There are lots of winding trails and cliffs and heavy foliage. I can't imagine it could be searched 100 percent in a few days.
I just wonder what proof they have that she was in the park at all

Lindsey M. Piccone, W/F/21, Bucks County, 4 Sep 2016

Lindsey Marie Piccone ::
White / Female / 21 Years Old

5’ 3” :: 120 Lbs. :: Brown Eyes :: Brown Hair :: Black Tank Top

24831109.jpg

Lindsey Marie Piccone, 21

Bucks County is in South-Eastern, PA

Day Six

https://www.facebook.com/BensalemPoliceDepartment/
Bensalem Township Police :: 215 633-3719

Plus:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Tyler-State-Park-Piccone-Search-392870081.html

https://www.facebook.com/MontcoBucks...7639542911112/
Scroll way-down to Yesterday at 12:04pm

http://patch.com/pennsylvania/newto...d-search-21-year-old-bensalem-woman-continues

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9cXE1N...3M3g3ODU4NjI5OTQ5OTEyMDMwNDIwfnBnLjF+cmFkLjgw
Full Screen >> Bird's eye >> Zoom & Rotate

http://www.mappery.com/map-of/Tyler-State-Park-map
Zoom In >> Scroll Down

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_53aa3ca0-75f4-11e6-9aa1-437fa4fb5195.html

DER = Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources
DCNR = PA Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
ICS = Incident Command System
K-9 = Canine Search Dogs
POI = Person Of Interest
SAR = Search And Rescue

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics