GUILTY PA - Michael Haines, 31, slain in armored car robbery, Pittsburgh, 28 Feb 2012

Okay, if he didn't leave all the money, he must be planning on spending it. I'm glad to hear the police are getting numerous tips--the public is staying involved and that's a great thing.

If he is still in the area that may make it even easier to find him, since the murder is well publicized.

I'll continue my prayers that he is caught very soon. I still think, like Fairy1, he will turn up in Vegas if they don't manage to get him in Pennsylvania.

Didn't this guys mommy say that this just wasn't like her son to do something like this?..yeah, right! Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!.....

"The same sources say that Konias’s father came to the cemetery and in a small hole next to the gravestone found a bag containing more than $20,000. Sources say Konias’ father then took the money to the home of his brother, telling his brother to keep it hidden." "Investigators retrieved that money, which sources say does amount to just over $20,000. But they’re not sure if that’s all the money that Konias stashed at the gravesite."

"Now, sources are telling KDKA that investigators have retrieved more than $200,000 from Konias’ parents’ basement in Dravosburg. And the investigators continue to pressure the parents for information that could lead to Konias’ capture.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/03/08/sources-portion-of-2m-found-in-munhall-graveyard/

If the family is hiding the money, they're hiding him. :furious:

So is the father being investigated as a possible accomplice in the actual commission of the crime itself? It seemed so inconceivable that this "nice kid" could cold-bloodedly murder his innocent partner.

If the father took possession of and hid the money, could he even have "coached" his son in doing the crime? Could he even have pulled the trigger?

On the other hand, maybe he turned the money over to his brother so that his brother would actually turn it in instead of him. Maybe he didn't have the heart to turn his own son in but wanted it done by someone else. He has to be aware of what is going to happen to his son once he is caught and in the justice system. This kid is in deep doodoo.

Could it be possible that this guy and his partner were in on the heist together and some sort of double cross occurred? It seems odd that he would kill his partner rather than just tie him up or restrain him while he made the get away with the money. Just thinking outloud here...

Could it be possible that this guy and his partner were in on the heist together and some sort of double cross occurred? It seems odd that he would kill his partner rather than just tie him up or restrain him while he made the get away with the money. Just thinking outloud here...

I highly doubt that. Mike was a lot bigger than that punk is so the coward probably figured that was his only way to do it. I will be watching Most Wanted. I think it's great this will be on there. Hopefully it turns up some leads that get results!!!

I'm glad the case is going to be featured this week--some heat needs to be put on this case. I was wondering last night if this guy had been preparing a hiding place for himself well in advance and this is why he hasn't turned up yet, but his actions after the crime don't indicate a lot of planning was involved.

I'm assuming his family is being well monitored (as they should be), I can't shake the feeling they are assisting him somehow.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...or-million-dollar-robbery-suspect-467301/?p=1

'Most Wanted' covers search for million-dollar robbery suspect

Detective Sherwood conducted the interviews for the show, telling viewers that Mr. Konias had been planning the theft "for some time," and hypothesizing that he might have "snapped" the day Mr. Haines was killed out of fear that he could lose his job after stolen lottery tickets were found in the back of a Garda armored truck.

She also said that Mr. Konias might have hidden bisexual tendencies from his close friends and family and might frequent strip clubs and gay clubs.

Detective Sherwood said she feels like she knows everything about him -- except his whereabouts.

He likes lavish food and clothing and has lots of cash, plus he would not be staying somewhere with primitive facilities. I still say Vegas. High end clothing (cash purchases wouldn't necessarily be strange), plenty of strip and gay clubs also. I wonder if they have any idea of what he could be driving right now, I don't think he'd fly because cash purchases are scrutinized.

JMOO, I am wondering if this creep did all this alone?
Did he have another car waiting to take off for parts unknown?
There was allot of planning in this murder/robbery.
So calous and cold blooded.............slaughter, execution
should mean the DP!!!
If he did this to a partner what could he do to LE or a stranger??
Pray he is off the streets asap!

JMOO, I am wondering if this creep did all this alone?
Did he have another car waiting to take off for parts unknown?
There was allot of planning in this murder/robbery.
So calous and cold blooded.............slaughter, execution
should mean the DP!!!
If he did this to a partner what could he do to LE or a stranger??
Pray he is off the streets asap!

I agree with you 100% about the DP. It's been said he was spotted at the gas station just down the street from our house. I think he is still in the area and for some reason, I feel his family knows where he is.

I agree with you 100% about the DP. It's been said he was spotted at the gas station just down the street from our house. I think he is still in the area and for some reason, I feel his family knows where he is.

--wow, that's pretty brazen of him, 'hiding in plain sight' in the area.

--i definitely think his mom in particular would cover for him, one thing i have wondered about-----after shooting his partner and ditching the truck under the bridge, how did he get home in his blood stained clothes?

--i also think this is a case for the DP, there are 2 armed guards in a truck for a reason, to protect one another.

At 6pm EST WPXI will interview Konias mother........Rick Earl on twitter.
She plans to plea to her son to give himself up before something bad happens.

At 6pm EST WPXI will interview Konias mother........Rick Earl on twitter.
She plans to plea to her son to give himself up before something bad happens.

...and maybe if she doesn't know, she can plead with the member(s) of her family who DO know where he is. He has to be getting help. He has to eat, and unless he spent weeks stockpiling supplies he has to go out to get food.

At the very least, I would hope the employees or customers of any establishment he might be frequenting will contact LE as soon as they see him, they could be the next innocent person murdered.

Uhhhh...for 2 people whose son murdered someone and is on the run, they sure have no emotion. Their lawyer does 99% of the talking, they sit there like....argh never mind. Mom gives her heartfelt plea at 1:22, dad said he had nothing to say.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/armored-truck-heist-suspects-parents-ask-son-surre/nLZKN/

Unfreakin believable!! Totally unemotional and.....well, stoic.....I expected so much more from them...the dad didn't even participate...!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back