GUILTY PA - Michael Haines, 31, slain in armored car robbery, Pittsburgh, 28 Feb 2012

Uhhhh...for 2 people whose son murdered someone and is on the run, they sure have no emotion. Their lawyer does 99% of the talking, they sit there like....argh never mind. Mom gives her heartfelt plea at 1:22, dad said he had nothing to say.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/armored-truck-heist-suspects-parents-ask-son-surre/nLZKN/

I'm just popping in for a second and wanted to ask if anyone has any idea why this attorney (LoPresti) would say "they know you trust me" (at about :28 on video)? I didn't read the article posted prior about a lawsuit so maybe this was the attorney the family used in that. I will go read that now. :blushing:

That was heartfelt!?

I was being sarcastic. My brain was still absorbing the robotic statement she made.

The lack of anything resembling emotion (and the fact that dad had utterly NOTHING to add) convinces me they either know where he is and are helping him OR they know who is helping him.

Wow, that was so heartfelt that if my own sons saw ME making that plea, they would know in an instant that I was meaning the exact opposite of what my words were saying. :what:

He likes lavish food and clothing and has lots of cash, plus he would not be staying somewhere with primitive facilities. I still say Vegas. High end clothing (cash purchases wouldn't necessarily be strange), plenty of strip and gay clubs also. I wonder if they have any idea of what he could be driving right now, I don't think he'd fly because cash purchases are scrutinized.

That, and the police say that besides his bloody jacket, his room was "exceptionally tidy" so they don't think he's camping out or in a fleabag motel. I haven't stayed at a high-end luxury hotel in a long time, so I forget: Do they take IDs even if you pay cash?

If he is in Vegas it's a little tougher to find someone who doesn't want to be found ("What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas")...there are probably people there who specialize in helping fugitives hide out, if the money is right.

I can't believe they haven't caught this guy yet! I know he's very nondescript looking, and so is his car, but still. PA has lots of really remote, rural areas, maybe he drove into the woods and offed himself?
If he's still alive, he has nothing to lose by shooting it out w/ LE. PA is a death penalty state, and he's armed & armored.

So glad they caught this b@stard!
First article states he appeared in court looking "tired and sad". Yeah I'd be sad too, if I knew they best I could hope for was LWOP.

Edited to add: What a stupid crime! He didn't have to kill his partner, he could have handcuffed him and left him in the truck. Also, he could have fled to Canada or Mexico, neither of which, I think, will extradite murderers unless the US agrees not to seek the death penalty.
What a stupid, pointless reason for the Haines family to lose their loved one. I really hope this guy gets the needle.

So glad they caught this b@stard!
First article states he appeared in court looking "tired and sad". Yeah I'd be sad too, if I knew they best I could hope for was LWOP.

Edited to add: What a stupid crime! He didn't have to kill his partner, he could have handcuffed him and left him in the truck. Also, he could have fled to Canada or Mexico, neither of which, I think, will extradite murderers unless the US agrees not to seek the death penalty.
What a stupid, pointless reason for the Haines family to lose their loved one. I really hope this guy gets the needle.

I agree totally. I've said before and I'll say it again. Mike was a great guy. He could've just tied him up, knocked him out for a few hours and been on his way.
I could give a rat's a@@ what that feels or if he's sad or tired. Come here to this area and you will see who is truly sad. Hopefully now Mike's friends and family can get some justice.

I am so pleased that this fool has been caught. THANK YOU to the person who called in the tip. This guy could not hide forever.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47156291

on way back to Pittsburgh!!! by ConAir
Rodriguez said between $1.3 million and $1.5 million was recovered at two locations -- the home where Konias was caught and a storage locker.

Rodriguez said two weapons were also found, one of which was the gun Konias carried while working for Garda Cash Logistics.

"He indicated that was the weapon he used in the shooting," said Rodriguez

our local news WPXI said Konias was planning to go to HAITI and NOT JAMICA!

Tip about Konias came from woman's boyfriend

Pittsburgh police had no inkling Mr. Konias was hiding out in South Florida until the unidentified tipster called. The man told them that Mr. Konias had confided in his girlfriend the details of his crimes, which led him to search the Internet for more information. He recognized Mr. Konias from his photo on a flier or a news article that also contained the number for Pittsburgh police.

By midnight, FBI agents, the Broward County sheriff's office and the South Florida Violent Crimes Task Force had taken Mr. Konias into custody at the house, described by authorities there as a notorious hangout for drug users and transients.

Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12116/1226900-53.stm#ixzz1tA5MNge8

Trial order in deadly $2.3M Pa. armored car heist

— "A former armored car guard has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he murdered his partner and took $2.3 million from their vehicle in Pittsburgh in February, though an FBI agent who questioned him after his arrest in Florida two months later testified Friday that the suspect told him he shot the other guard in self-defense."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581710/Trial-order-in-deadly-23M-Pa-armored-car-heist.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back